Hapi Pamilee

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Winter's niece arrived, things have changed around the house. I'm not sure how to put it, but the atmosphere became more lively. I can hear the girls' laughter whenever I'm around as they play with the child constantly. It's fun to watch them, especially when Ning and Kat are involved.

 

Parang mas bata pa nga si Ning kaysa kay Kat.

 

I just have one problem right now: I hate kids.

 

They're simply too annoying. Even too loud. I hate it when the only way to get what they want is to cry. I want to throw them away every damn time. They're simply too much for my limited attention span and patience. Inseffurable.

 

I mean, the kid is gorgeous, don't get me wrong. I know she'll be beautiful when she grows up, but I don't want to get involved with the four of them right now. I'm afraid I'll hurt the child if they ever let me take care of her.

 

So no, no kids around Karina Yu.

 

At least, that's what I've been telling myself for the past few years. But now I'm right in front of Winter, who is holding her niece and staring at me.

 

"So, can I trust you with her?" she asks, her face worried. I stare at the child who is stuffing a toy into while also looking at me. I groan and gulp.

 

Apparently, the three of them are headed to the grocery store to get the ingredients for tonight's celebration: Kat finally saw Ning in her hiding place when they played hide and seek.

 

Turns out, hindi daw pinapanalo ni Ning si Kat everytime they play.

 

So they're entrusting me with Kat for a couple of hours because they've always been the ones who buy our groceries. I volunteered to accompany them at first, but Giselle declined, advising me to stay at home and get to know the child instead because Kat had only been living here for a week and we hadn't really had the chance to meet properly.

 

"Karina?" Winter calls again, breaking my trance. I blink a few times before nodding. I don't even have any other choice. I'll figure it out later after they leave.

 

I nod slowly, "Yeah, sure. I'll take care of her."

 

Winter squints her eyes to check whether I'm serious, causing me to roll my eyes and jokingly hit her arm.

 

"I promise, I'll take care of her. Go, alis na. I'm hungry."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes nga."

 

"Well, then..." Winter grins as she glances at her niece. "Baby, Tita Karina will take care of you muna ha?" Winter giggles before turning her focus to me. She's ready to hand over the child when I take a step back, causing her to raise both of her eyebrows.

 

"Just... uhm, just put her on the floor."

 

She did as I requested, and we both watched Kat walk cutely to the living room, where all of her toys were scattered. God, what a mess.

 

"So ano? Una na kami," I look at Winter who's already looking at me. "Nasa kotse na yung dalawa. Bibilisan lang namin, don't worry. Pag naghanap ng milk si Kat, nandoon lang sa coffee table nakapatong."

 

I reply with a nod. Even if I appear to be calm from the outside, I'm actually in a panic. I just hope we're both still alive when they come back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What the hell is Blippy?

 

You see, Katrina was playing with her toys while I was lying on the couch. When I the television and started playing music from YouTube, she got up, came over to me, and said something that I couldn't understand.

 

"Blippy." 

 

I wrinkle my brows as I stare at her standing in front of me. She is hugging a brown teddy bear in her arms.

 

"What?" I ask, not quite sure what she's saying. She smiled as she pointed at the television.

 

"Blippy plish."

 

"Huh?"

 

I sat properly on the couch and texted Winter instead of asking the kid again. Maybe she understands what this kid is saying.

 

 

Chef

 

[10:06 AM] Karina: Your niece is saying something about a blippy

 

[10:06 AM] Karina: What the hell is that?

 

[10:08 AM] Chef: he's a youtuber and he's her favorite haha just type Blippy and then play any of his vids :)

 

[10:09 AM] Karina: Oh okay thanks

 

[10:09 AM] Karina: What are you guys doing na?

 

[10:11 AM] Chef: mercato na hehe we'll buy lang and uwi na

 

[10:12 AM] Karina: Okay. Ingat.

 

[10:13 AM] Chef: kayo din hehe have fun, direk! 

 

 

I put down my phone and was startled to find Katrina trying to sit on the couch but struggling due to the height of the sofa. I took a long breath and gently pulled her body to sit beside me.

 

"Fenk chu," she added cutely, giggling. Again, I was taken aback to see her moving toward me. I backed away, feeling like I was already at the end of the couch, but she drew herself closer.

 

"What-- what are you doing?"

 

Katrina only giggled, and then I saw her lying down on the couch, her tiny head resting on my legs. She lay sideways to face the television. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter