All I Need To Hear

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s gonna be our first monthsary in a few days. Three to be exact. I’m kinda having mixed feelings about it. I’m happy that we’re already in our first month, time really does fly when you enjoy things. I’m also sad that I won’t be able to celebrate it with Winter since my family booked us a flight to Cebu. They wanted to have a vacation so I don't really have a choice. 


I told Winter about it and asked her to come with us but as usual, she wanted me to spend it with my family. I also told her that Mom and Dad wanted her to come but she said she has a lot of things to do in her restaurant. 


I’m not the kind of person who takes monthsary seriously. I mean, you don’t need to give me gifts and whatnot. I just want to celebrate it with the person I love. Okay na nga sa akin yung dinner date then we’ll go home to watch movies. Sa sobrang busy din naman kasi namin ni Winter with our respective works, we don’t really have enough time in our hands kaya as much as possible, when we're free, gusto ko sana magkasama kami but now, she’s the one who's busy and I’m the one who's free.


My Kali 🐶 calling…


I immediately picked up my phone from my bed. I just finished showering since Winter wanted to have dinner with Ate Taeyeon and Summer. Honestly, I miss that kid so much. I haven’t seen her for so long and I’m worried that she might have forgotten about me. Also, I don’t know if Winter will tell Ate Taeyeon about our relationship but honestly, it’s not even a big deal for me because I know what’s happening with her family and I respect that. I don’t want to dictate her to introduce me to them just because I did it. If Winter’s gonna introduce me to Ate Taeyeon, I’m gonna be happy but if not, I totally understand it.


“Hey, you,” I answered smilingly. I sat on my bed and put her on speaker as I apply lotion to my skin.


“Hey, Kali… What are you doing na?” she asked. I assume na she’s in her office since tahimik yung paligid niya. 


“I’m done showering na, babe. Ikaw?”


“Palabas na ako restaurant. I’ll pick you up around 20?”


“Okay, see you. Ingat sa pag drive, Kali.”


“Hmm… see you.”

 


After the phone call, I continued doing what I was doing. I put on some makeup, styled my hair, and wore my favorite scent: The Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay, which is also Winter's favorite scent. I noticed it once while she was teaching me how to cook, and it was my perfume, and she literally stayed in my neck, inhaling the scent. My knees became weak at that point. It's funny because Winter has no idea how much effect she has on me. I would have kissed her right then and there if Gigi hadn't been drinking her water in the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Tita Win, Tita Wina!” 


Summer greeted us with a hug as soon as we arrived at their home. Winter informed me that Ate Taeyeon and Summer's father are actually trying to mend their relationship for the sake of Summer. The man even bought them their own home to prove his eagerness to win back his family.


“Baby!” We hugged her back, and Summer immediately let go of Winter, motioning for me to carry her. Winter pouted making me chuckle and then I carried Summer, earning a kiss from her.


“Get down, Summer. Tita Karina's dress might wrinkle,” Ate Taeyeon reprimanded Summer, but I immediately shook my head.


“Ay, it’s okay po.”


“Ate…” Winter hugged her sister and gave her a kiss on her temple. I instantly smiled at the sight. I didn’t know that they were this close since Winter practically grew up with Ning.


“Kumain na ba kayo? I prepared a dinner for us. Feel free to look around. Ayusin ko lang yung kainan.”


“Tulungan na kita, Ate. Hayaan mo na muna si Karina and Kat dito sa sala,” Winter caressed Summer’s hair and smiled at her. Napatingin naman siya sa akin so I jokingly pouted, asking for a kiss but pinanlakihan niya lang ako ng mata and side eyed Ate Taeyeon who was walking towards the kitchen na.


Kiss lang eh. Damot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


“So, what's with the unexpected dinner?” Winter asked as she absentmindedly peeled the shrimp's shell and placed it on my plate, earning a puzzled look from Ate Taeyeon, which is why I secretly nudged her side, but she continued what she was doing.


After clearing , Ate Taeyeon gave me a quick glance before answering, “Well, I'm planning to enroll Summer in a ballet dance school this month for her extracurricular since she started pre-school.”


Napangiti na ako sa narinig while Winter furrowed her eyebrows. “Ballet? She’s too young for that, Ate. Ano sabi ni Kuya?”


“He wants Summer to take it as well. We need to get her started as soon as possible. I know someone who is an impressive ballet teacher. We won't have any trouble finding the right teacher because she's been a professional ballerina for 15 years,” she answered and took a look from her daughter na nakaupo sa tabi ko.


“Are you sure? Dapat naglalaro lang si Kat while she’s in her age. Baka mapagod yung bat—”


“Winter, ever since she saw Leap, she's been telling me she wants to be a ballerina. I even bought her ballerina shoes. She enjoys ballet, and I want to help her. You should, too.”


I glanced at Winter and saw her sigh. “Fine, pero saan mo siya i-enroll?”


“Lisa Macuja School of Ballet Manila,” Ate Taeyeon answered then she looked at me. “Congratulations pala Karina. I've heard sobrang successful ng movie mo. Sorry last time hindi kami nakapunta sa screening ng movie mo.”


I smiled shyly, “Thank you po and okay lang po. Mayroon pa naman pong next time.” 


Ate Taeyeon nodded then shifted her gaze to Winter. 


“Etong friend mo sobrang ganda, ano? Wala ka bang jowa ngayon, Karina?”


Sa sobrang gulat ko, I choked on my own saliva while Winter coughed, halatang nagulat din. 


“Oh, bakit parehas kayong naubo?” Ate Taeyeon asked again as she gives us this weirded out look. 


I was about to respond when Winter interrupted me.


“She's taken na, Ate.” 


I gulped. Hindi naman niya siguro sasabihin… right? 


“Oh, really?” Ate Taeyeon looked surprised. “Artista?”


Yung kapatid niyo po.


“No po. Non-showbiz po.”


“I see…” She nodded and then looked at Winter who seemed nonchalant about our conversation. It's not what I expected to be honest. I thought she might get uncomfortable but no, parang wala lang sakanya yung topic.


“Eh si Winter ba Karina?” 


Napatingin kaming dalawa kay Ate Taeyeon.


“Po?”


“Single ba si Winter?”


Winter and I looked into each other’s eyes. I'm not really sure what to answer because she's supposed to answer it by herself. It's up to her naman. It's her sister and—


“No. I’m also taken, Ate.”


I felt Winter hold my hand under the table, giving it a light squeeze. I tried to suppress my smile because it was good to hear that she didn't deny that she's already taken. Kahit pa hindi sinabi ni Winter na I’m her girlfriend.


In shock, Ate Taeyeon gasped and opened her eyes.


“I'm sorry, what? You're tak— teka, nagbalikan ba kayo ni Jaemin nang hindi ko nalalaman?”


Winter shook her head. “No, it's not Jaem. I met a lovely person and that person makes me happy, Ate.”


Ate Taeyeon furrowed her brow and narrowed her eyes as she exchanged glances with Winter and me. I gulped for the nth time. She doesn't have an idea, does she?


It's so unfair kasi parang hindi nagpapanic si Winter by the looks of it but ako para na akong mawawalan ng hininga because of sobrang kaba and the intensity of Ate Taeyeon’s gaze.


“And who is this person we're talking about?” Ate Taeyeon asked, then sipped on her juice. 


Hinigpitan ko ang hawak sa kamay ni Winter under the table. I’m not really sure what's her plan kaya wala rin akong idea sa isasagot niya.


“I’m gonna let you meet that person next month, sa birthday ni Mom.”


Ate and I looked at her confusingly. She's gonna go to their Mom’s birthday? Is she's gonna introduce me to her family?! 


“Pupunta ka?”


Winter nodded. “I guess it's time to visit Mom. Ipapakilala ko na rin siya sainyo.”


We continued eating and mostly talked about Summer’s ballet class. Summer even requested na kami yung maghatid sakanya every time. I instantly agreed since I want to spend time with her and Winter.

 

 

 


After dinner, nag stay pa kami saglit and played with Summer. Winter even looked for Ate Taeyeon’s boyfriend and Ate said na he’s on a business trip. Feel ko hindi pa rin convinced si Winter about Ate Taeyeon getting back together with that man pero it’s their business naman kaya I won’t pry basta he’s gonna treat Summer good, wala naman magiging problema.


“Are you seriously gonna introduce me to your family?” I asked Winter who was sitting beside me dito sa backyard patio. She wanted to have a little bebe time daw so who am I to say no? 


She took a deep breath and then nodded. “Hmm, okay lang ba?”


Is she seriously asking me if it's okay to introduce me to her family?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter