Thank God For Ning Yizhuo

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“OM, wala akong pambayad nito. Bakit tayo nasa VIP ng restaurant ni Chef? Akala ko naman sa labas lang tayo,” Ryujin said who was seated beside me while she roam her eyes to the VIP room of Winter’s restaurant.


“Actually, I thought sa dining space lang din tayo but I guess Winter wanted to make it more private,” I answered. The VIP area features a big round table, white walls, marble floors, and a magnificent chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The room is also spacious, it can accommodate 15 people kaya it’s too big for us but the four of us decided to sit beside each other.


“Didn’t know na may VIP Room si Winter. It’s nice,” Karina added while looking around the room. I looked at Ning who was busy scrolling through her Instagram feed. For sure, alam niya na may VIP room na yung best friend niya kaya hindi na siya masyadong nagulat.


Speaking of Winter, she said she'll join us in a few minutes after she finishes talking to her siblings in her office. She made a comment regarding her sister moving back home in the upcoming month. She also said that she is not the chef tonight, but she has already instructed her sous chef on what to serve at the table.


“Ryu, don’t worry, sagot naman ni Winter ‘to,” Ning suddenly said kaya napatingin yung katabi ko sakanya. Ning put her phone down sa table at tinignan ang baby sitter ni Kat dati.


“Ano na pala plano mo? May work ka na?” Ning added.


“Ako ngayon yung nagmamanage ng bakery ng family namin. Ayoko kasi sa corporate world,” Ryujin answered. I chuckled while nodding. I understand how she feels. Working in a corporate environment drains me to the bone, which is why I'm considering starting a business with my best friend, Somi. We have the same outlook because we both aspire to be our own bosses.


“Sorry, I’m late,” We all looked at the newcomer and noticed Winter putting her phone inside the pocket of her trousers. She looked at the available seats, which were beside Karina, who was seated at the far end, and next to me na wala ring nakaupo.


I looked over at Karina, who appeared to be expecting that Winter would take the seat next to her, but I furrowed my brows when I noticed that she had a small frown on her face, and that's when I felt someone sit next to me.


“Kanina pa kayo?” Winter asked as she settled beside me. I smiled widely and shook my head. 


I know it sounds childish, but I'm glad she chose to sit with me.


“Kararating lang namin, sis. Nasan na yung pagkain? Gutom na ako,” reklamo ni Ning kaya we all chuckled but Winter just glared at her. 


“Happy Birthday pala, Ryujin. Sorry ito lang nakayanan ko,” Winter smiled as she greeted the person on my left, who was obviously shy and nervous. Gets ko naman since hindi naman talaga siya close kay Winter. 


Ryujin’s eyes widened.


“Hala, okay lang po yun! Pwede ngang mag pancit lang tayo sa bahay ni Miss Yu, okay na sa akin eh,” sagot naman ni Ryujin. Winter chuckled then shook her head.


“It’s my way of saying thank you kaya enjoy the food tonight. Si Ning naman magbayayad nito.”


“Hoy gaga ka!”


We laughed when they began arguing again. After a while, the servers arrived to begin our 12-course meal, which Winter had planned. We talked while eating, catching up sa mga ganap sa work namin. Mostly, si Ryujin yung tinatanong namin sa mga plan niya sa buhay. 


We were all stuffed by the time the Mignardise, the final course, arrived. Winter's Italian-French fusion cuisine is simply amazing. Actually, it was my first time eating at most of them while si Ning is parang sanay na sa pagkain na inihanda ni Winter. Karina, on the other hand, was utterly amazed as I was when we completed the entire 12-course meal.


“So you’re telling me na uuwi na si Ate Taeyeon next month?” tanong ni Ning when we all decided na mag-usap pa after that nakakabusog na dinner. 


Winter nodded.


“Yeah. Mas napaaga yung uwi niya. Nag resign na rin siya to become a full time mom,” Winter answered, there’s a small smile sa lips niya.


“So hindi na natin makakasama si Kat again?” tanong ko naman. Just the thought of not playing with Kat saddens me. Napalapit na kasi sa akin yung bata masyado. She’s like a baby sister to me na.


“Pwede pa rin naman siguro natin makasama si Kat pero syempre kasama na si Ate Taeyeon,” Winter answered and looked at Karina. “Pwede bang bumisita si Ate paminsan-minsan sa bahay?”


Karina was about to answer pero mas nauna ang bunganga ni Ning.


“Oo naman, bes. Lahat gagawin sa’yo niyan ni Kari—a–aray!”


While Ning rubbed her thighs, the three of us stared at the two of them next to each other. She glared at Karina, who just chuckled and shook her head.


Nag-aasaran na rin sila?


“Of course, pwede siyang bumisita. She said sa video call dati na she wants to meet me diba?” Karina finally responded with a small smile on her face.


Napansin ko namang tinaasan ng kilay ni Ning yung sinabi ni Karina.


“Grabe ka na talaga, Karina. Bilib na ako sa’yo.”


Huh?

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Girl, I swear, your landlord’s making a move na kay Winter and you’re not doing anything!”


Somi exclaimed frustra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter