Winter

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you want to go to New York next week? You know, for you to unwind,” Ate Krystal asks me worriedly. She visits me here at the set from time to time just to check up on me. They’re pretty bummed about Jeno’s accident last week kasi it means, we cannot proceed with the lawsuit until he becomes conscious. 


“Ate, you know I have work,” I said, my gaze fixed on the script I was reading. Buti nalang nasa Director’s tent kami because I know for sure Ate is going to nag me na naman. She’s been doing this for a couple of days na.


“But it’s your birthday next week and you’re here looking like…” she checks me out from head to toe as she grimaces. “This!”


One thing about Ate Krystal is she’s so maarte like, I’m not even exaggerating. Kapag may hindi lang siyang gusto na suot ko or sa makeup ko, pinapagalitan niya na agad ako. Kaya I don’t really believe her kapag sinasabi niyang ang may hindi maganda sa appearance ko.


I chuckle and shake my head. “I’m pretty sure I still look good.”


“Well, of course. You’re a Yu after all but sis, you look like ,” she retorts. “You can file a leave naman for a few days. Let’s go back to New York and celebrate it there.”


I sigh as I put down the script and look at her.


“I can’t just leave my wor—”


“Don’t tell me you’re still waiting for Winter to go home?” She asks with a flat tone. “My god, Yuji. That girl hasn’t even reached out to you since she went to Italy. At this point, might as well call yourself a single person.”


“Ate! I exclaimed angrily, causing her to flinch. She raises her brows and crosses her arms across her chest at me. Buti nalang walang tao dito sa tent ngayon or else they’re gonna see us arguing. 

 

“Can we please…” I let out a breath and then massage my temple. “Let’s not talk about my relationship, okay? Pagod na ako.”


“Saan ka pagod?” she asks. “Sa trabaho or sa relationship mo with Winter?”


Hindi ako nakapagsalita.


“Karina, you do realize you're fighting alone, right? The reporters are swarming here on your set simply to question you. People think you had something to do with what happened to Jeno. You're not resting anymore. Then, where the hell is your girlfriend? In Italy having fun pursuing her career? I’m sorry but her, Karina. Winter. I will never forget her for what she's done.”


I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the weight of my emotions as I sit here, staring at my sister Krystal, tears flowing down my face. I've been fighting this issue for so long that I've now reached my breaking point.


“I'm so tired of fighting alone,” I say quietly, my voice quivering. I finally admitted it to myself. “Winter is nowhere to be found. I'm not even sure if she's still alive. I'm stuck here picking up what's left.”


Ate Krystal reaches out to hold my hand, her eyes filled with understanding and care. “Karina, you don't have to fight this battle alone. I'm here to help you. Ate is here for you.”


“What about Winter?” I question, my voice breaking. “She was supposed to be here, but now she's gone, leaving me to fight for our relationship on my own.”


Ate Krystal shakes her head, her eyes filling with anger. “Karina, you deserve better than this,” Ate Krystal said, her voice firm and unwavering. “You deserve to be with someone who loves you and supports you, not someone who runs away from the first sign of trouble. You deserve someone who won’t abandon you when things get tough. You are so strong and brave, and you don't deserve to be alone in this. And if Winter can't see that, then she's not the person for you.”


I nodded, feeling the weight of Krystal's words sink in. I knew she was right, but it was still hard to let go of the hope I had for Winter and me.


“I can't do it anymore, Ate. I'm tired of fighting for a relationship that I'm not even sure Winter wants to be a part of anymore. It’s been a month.”


As I shared my heart with my sister, tears began to stream down my face. I'd been suppressing my emotions for so long, trying to be strong and keep it together, but it was all becoming too much.

 

“Every day is a battle, and I simply feel like I'm losing. I'm not sure where Winter is, or if she really cares about us anymore. I don't want to break up with Winter. I love her, but she's making it so hard for me.”


“I know, sweetie,” Ate Krystal whispered. “But you can't keep doing this to yourself. You need to take care of yourself and put yourself first. You deserve someone who will love you for who you are, not just when it's convenient for them.”


I gaze at my sister, feeling a wave of gratitude for her unfailing support. “Thank you,” I say, tears flowing down my cheeks. “I don't know what I'd do without you.”


Ate wraps her arms around me, offering assurance and comfort. “Oh, baby sis… You'll never have to find out,” she whispers softly. “I'll always be here for you, Karina. I'll always have your back.”


“Now, wipe that tears of yours and file a leave. We’re going back to New York for your birthday and I won’t take no for an answer.”


To be honest, I didn't want to go to New York for my birthday because I was still holding on to Winter's promise. She swore she wouldn't miss my birthday, but I guess pati ‘yun ay lies lang.       

 

“So there’s gonna be a chance that you’re gonna miss my birthday, right? What’s up with us, missing each other’s birthday?” I chuckled and took a sip of my wine.

 

“Well, technically, you didn't miss my birthday, so I'll make sure I don't either. I'll come home before your birthday. I promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“... and cut! That’s a wrap for today, everyone! Thank you all so much for your hard work tonight. I know we finished filming at 4 AM, but you all still gave 100%. We wouldn't have made it to 4 AM without you. With that being said, I've arranged for breakfast to be served in the catering tent. Please help yourself and take the time to relax before we start again tomorrow.”


“Thanks, Direk!”


“‘Yun oh!”


“Labyu, Direk!”


The crew celebrated and clapped, proud of what they had accomplished. They hugged and said their goodbyes, some walking to their cars, others to get some food and rest before returning to the set later that day. I rubbed my eyes, feeling exhausted after the long night of filming.


I made my way to the parking lot, looking for a ride home. I immediately noticed Giselle waiting for me at the curb, leaning on her car's trunk. Giselle smiled and said brightly, “Good morning, Karina!”


Ate Krystal decided to ask Gigi to pick me up because she is unable to do it today since she’s still filming. Ate Krystal has been picking me up for two days now since that conversation. And, given my current situation, my sisters are worried na baka mapaano pa ako if I go home alone.


I returned the smile as she opened the car door for me. “Good morning, Gigi. Thank you for being here at this ungodly hour.”


Giselle laughed. “You work so hard, Karina, you deserve a comfortable ride home. Pahinga ka na. Ako na bahala sa’yo.”


I climbed into the car and leaned back in my seat, the weight of the night finally catching up with me. “God, I’m so tired.”


Pumasok na si Gigi sa kotse and sat on the driver seat. “Did you eat? Want to grab breakfast?”


I shook my head. “Let’s go home nalang. I want to rest na din.”


Giselle started the car and we made our way home, the quiet of the early morning only adding to the sense of peace I was feeling. I leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes, and letting the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter