Doc

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm excited for today because it's our first date. After a week of having a tight schedule, the management allowed me to rest for three days, which was enough time for me and Winter to have our alone time because we'd been dating exclusively for three weeks and still couldn't find the perfect time to go on a date. I was always busy kasi with my work. The block screening is in two weeks, and I'm thinking about asking Winter to be my date. I'm not sure if she like being in front of the cameras, but I'd give it a shot. I’ll ask her later sa date namin.


I just want her to be there.


God, just thinking that we’re gonna have a date gives me the chills. Hindi pa rin siguro nagsisink in sa akin na we’re dating na. She never missed on updating me and ganun din naman ako. I can feel na nangangapa pa siya kaya naman I don’t really want to rush her. This is all new to her, and I know how she felt about her last relationship. I just want her to feel na hindi ako mawawala and I would wait for her as long as it takes. The important thing is we both know our feelings for each other. 


I vividly recall how she asked me out on a date two nights ago.


I hurried downstairs as soon as I got up to see whether the other three were awake, but all I saw was Winter cooking as usual in the kitchen. To be honest, I don't really understand myself because I always find Winter y when she wears her apron and cooks. She’s just too y for me when she’s in her element.


I had to come to a stop and watch her, hoping to remember in my mind what she looked like at the exact moment. She clenched her eyes shut as she tasted the food on the other spoon. I had to stop myself from giggling kasi parang napaso pa siya. She nodded in satisfaction when the dish was to her liking kaya naman I approached her from behind and wrapped my arms around her waist. I could see she was surprised as her body stiffened, but I calmed her by resting my chin on her shoulder and tightening the back hug.


“Good morning, is this okay?” I asked, my gaze drawn to her face. She's just too lovely in the morning, God.


She nodded and cleared .


“G-good morning. Kanina ka pa?” she asked habang patuloy na nagluto. I shook my head naman in response.


“No, now lang,” I answered. “What are you cooking?”


“Nagrequest si Gigi ng Kansi kahapon kaya ito yung niluluto ko ngayon,” she answered and angled her face towards me. “Kumakain ka ba nito?”


“No. What’s Kansi?”


She chuckled and removed my arms, which is why I pouted, but she turned around only to bring me close by my waist. I shrieked in surprise but she just smirked. What the hell happened? Why is Winter acting so aggressively today? I had to blink a few times to register in my head that our faces are inches away from each other. She also looked at my lips for a moment before looking intently into my eyes.


“It’s like a fusion of Sinigang and Bulalo but this has Batuan and Langka,” she answered. I don't even remember why she was telling me that information. Ah, tinanong ko nga pala kung ano yung Kansi.


Okay? Kailangan ganito mag explain ng food? Not that I’m complaining tho.


With a smug grin on her lips, she pulled away and let go of me. Sinamaan ko nalang siya ng tingin and stopped hugging her and instead stood next to her as she cooked. I prefer it when it's just the two of us. I've been really busy over the last several days and feel ko, hindi ko siya masyadong nakakasama although lagi naman kami magkausap sa phone.


“How’s the party pala yesterday?” she asked suddenly. I looked at her, but she was still preoccupied with the food she was preparing.


“It was good naman. Many celebrities came and most of them were already complimenting me on our film. It still feels surreal that so many people are looking forward to seeing it.”


Napatingin siya sa akin and gave me a smile. A proud one.


“Alam kasi nilang maganda yung film. Ikaw yung gumawa eh,” she complimented. I rolled my eyes at her, making her laugh.


“Bolera!”


“Call me anything you want but I just have a feeling that the movie will be great,” she answered, shrugging. How can she sound so sure while I’m here being a nervous wreck?


She turned off the burner and looked at me as if she wanted to say something. I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her na magsalita pero parang kinakabahan siya.


“What?” Ako na yung nagtanong dahil parang she’s not gonna say anything. 


“Uhm, busy ka pa rin ba?” she asked na parang aligaga.


“Right now? Yes. May meeting pa kami, why?”


“Ah, kailan ka free?” she asked again. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why does she want to know when I'm available?


“On Saturday. I have a three-day rest day following that. Why did you ask?” 


I noticed she bit her bottom lip, indicating she was nervous. I find it amusing when she acts like this around me. That just implies that I have this effect on her but I want her to be comfortable around me, but it's also possible that she's still getting used to me. Wala namang problema doon.


“Doyouwanttogoonadatewithme?”


What…???


“Huh?” I furrowed my brows and leaned closer para maintindihan siya.


She took a deep breath. What’s the matter with her at parang hirap na hirap naman siya sa sasabihin niya?


“I said do you…” She took a deep breath for the nth time. “Do you want to go on a date with me? Yung tayong dalawa lang sana.”


Oh


Considering she's still new to this kind of setup, I'm simply so thrilled she was the one to ask me on our first date. I can see she meant it when she said she wanted to try, and I'm happy to see that she's making a sincere effort. Siguro hinihintay niya lang yung araw na available na ako. My heart swells with joy at the thought.


“You don’t even have to ask me that because my answer would always be a yes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A knock on the door jolted me out of my trance. I noticed as I looked in the mirror that I still hadn't put on makeup and that it was already 4:27 PM. Winter has informed me that she will pick me up at 6. Bakit parang ang aga naman niya? 


I stood up and proceeded to answer the door, only to see Ning tapping her feet impatiently. I raised both of my eyebrows and smiled.


“Hey, Ning. Do you need anything?”


She looked at me with such an expression that I can’t quite comprehend. Is she annoyed?


“Pwede ka bang makausap?”


“Yeah, sure. About what?”


She sighed and frustratingly ran her hand over her hair.


“Mahaba-habang pag-uusap ‘to. Pwede bang pumasok?”


I furrowed my eyebrows. I’m confused. Anong meron? Siguro naman hindi tatagal ng two hours yung pag-uusap namin ni Ning. I don’t want to be late kasi sa first date namin ni Winter. 


“Let’s go to your room nalang?”


Not to sound haughty, but I truly don't want anyone entering my room. Even though the four of us had been living together for a year at my house, Summer was the only one I let sleep in the bed. For me kasi, yung kwarto ko nalang yung private space ko sa bahay kaya as much as possible, ako lang dapat ang nakakapasok dito.


“Push sis. Wait kita sa loob. Tapusin mo muna make-up mo. Buksan mo nalang yung pinto.”


I became uneasy since she just gave me a half-smile. Did I do something wrong?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So? What are we gonna talk about?”


I was in her gaming chair while Ning sat on her carpeted floor. I've been in each of their rooms, and Ning's is definitely my favorite. There is a ton of awesome stuff here. She even has a sunset projection lamp like the ones used by celebs. She also has this collage of iconic movie posters and famous celebrities from the 1990s. She also has a vinyl collection and a record player. Her computer setup stands out the most. She has her curved monitor, laptop, mechanical keyboard, iPad, and headphones.


“Girl, gusto kong sagutin mo ako ng totoo ha?” I nodded kahit na I have no idea kung ano yung pag-uusapan namin.

 

“What is it, Ning?”


“Nakausap ko kasi si Jaem kahapon tapos may naikwento raw si Jeno sakanya…” Panimula niya. I nodded, parang alam ko na yung itatanong ni Ning.


“That I rejected him sa party?” I asked but Ning shook her head.


“Isa yun sa mga kinwento ni Jaem pero it’s not about Jeno,” she answered. “It’s about your ex-boyfriend, Jungwoo.”


I stiffened when Ning mentioned his name. How did she know? Of course, Jeno would tell Jaemin, who would then inform Ning. Is Winter aware of this?


“You’re tensed. Don’t worry, kung iniisip mong alam na ba ni Winter, hindi ko pa sinasabi kaya nga ikaw muna yung gusto kong kausapin. Anong ganap sainyo dun sa party?” Ning asked, her voice firm. She was quite curious in what had happened, but it was clear that her top focus was if it might have hurt Winter.


“Not to sound pakielamera but Jaemin told me na kasama mo raw yung ex-boyfriend mo the whole night tapos sabay pa raw kayong umuwi. Diba hindi ka umuwi that night? I’m not implying anything naman, Karina pero gusto ko lang ng explanation mo. Makikinig naman ako.”


I took a deep breath and looked directly into Ning’s eyes. I can’t believe I have to explain what happened but para hindi mag-isip ng masama si Winter, I’d do it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


“We should've gone to Winter's instead dito sa Las Flores,” Ate Krystal whined earlier because I didn't want us to eat at Winter's restaurant. I'm pretty sure Ate would bug Winter about us dating exclusively. I don't want to put Winter in an uncomfortable situation with my sister. 


I rolled my eyes at her, “Then what? You’d make her uncomfortable? Over my dead body, Ate.”


Ate Krystal chuckled and shook her head. “You’ve become a complete goner kay Winter. I can’t believe it.”


“Can we stop talking about my girl and just order? I’m famished.”


I had to blink a few times when I realized what I just said.


“My girl.”


I glanced at my sister, who merely smirked and looked at the menu.


“Whipped.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were talking about the next movie and Ate Seulgi's birthday later tonight while enjoying our lunch when I heard a familiar voice behind me.


“Rina?”


It was an all-too-familiar voice. There is no way it could not be him. Ate Krystal looked surprised at the man behind me. Well, that confirms it. I turned around only to see Jungwoo, my almost fiance. It's been... years since I've seen him. It was during my second year in London.


“Jungwoo? Oh my God, I can’t believe you’re here!” Ate Krystal exclaimed, earning a few glances sa table namin. She stood up and immediately gave Jungwoo a hug. When they pulled away, I stood up to offer him a hug. It was a quick one. I still can't believe he'll be here. Every time Ate Krystal visits BGC, she always bumps into him. I remember her sending me images of them when we broke up and making fun of me for it. Nasa London naman kasi ako that time so wala lang sa akin. 


“What brings you here?” He asked, looking at us with a grin on his face. He looked taller if that’s even possible. Pumayat din siya.


“Oh, we’re having our lunch l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter