Not Yours

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My back hurts.


Okay, I have to admit that there is a rather embarrassing explanation for my back pain. Paano ba naman kasi, Winter literally shoved me so hard that my back hit the counter when Ning spotted us in the kitchen. Ning and Winter were concerned when they heard me yell in pain. They asked whether I was okay, while Winter continued to apologize for what she had done. I kept telling them na okay lang ako so they can leave me alone.


I'm actually having trouble processing what happened following that close call. She was so close, and we were so close. When I smelled the vanilla perfume on her, I swear I held my breath for a long time. It was embarrassing kasi Ning caught us and I doubt Winter would’ve pulled away if  Ning didn’t come. 


Honestly, I don’t know what’s gotten into me when I decided to do that.


The wine?


Her laugh that can literally cure cancer?


Aling Pasing’s cheese?


God, I don’t know! But at that moment, I really wanted to kiss her. Damn, I surely have the hots for Winter, don’t I?

 

 

 

 

When I checked my phone the next morning, I found some text messages from Winter.The pain in my back subsided so I guess nabigla lang talaga yung katawan ko from the impact. I didn’t even know na ganon kalakas si Winter. I mean, I understand naman kung bakit niya ako natulak.


Her best friend caught us almost kissing. ALMOST KISSING.


[7:41 AM] Chef: good morning!


[7:41 AM] Chef: i, uh, masakit pa ba yung likod mo? i’m really sorry. nagulat lang talaga ako :( ning’s been bugging me btw 


[7:41 AM] Chef: anyway, i made you breakfast to lessen your back pain it’s in the microwave. If masakit pa rin, we can go to the hospital and have it checked.


[7:41 AM] Chef: message me when you wake up?

 

Message me when you wake up.

 

For the first time in my life, I actually smiled at 7 AM and was very excited to eat breakfast. Mind you, I wasn’t really a morning person and I always skipped breakfast but when I met Winter, siya lagi yung nagreremind sa akin na mag eat ng breakfast at kumain lagi sa oras.


Daig niya pa sila Mommy.


After doing my daily routine, I went downstairs to check the food na prinepare ni Winter while typing my reply sa message niya. 


[8: 06 AM] You: Good morning! 


[8: 06 AM] You: No, the pain subsided na but I think I might go for a massage later lol. What did Ning tell you? 


[8: 06 AM] You: Okay, I’ll eat it. Thanks by the way! How about you? Did you eat na?


I was contemplating whether to ask the last question but since she made me breakfast, okay lang naman siguro tanungin kung kumain na siya, right? It’s not a form of landi naman diba? Genuine question naman yun. I’m just curious if she had already eat—


“Morning, Direk!” Ning greeted me enthusiastically as she emerged from the patio. When she approaches me, she has this knowing look on her face and a lopsided smirk. Alam ko na 'to.


Now, I want to go to work. 


“Morning, Ning. Where’s Gigi?” I asked then gave her a smile as I excused myself to go check the microwave in the kitchen, but she still followed me. When I opened the microwave, I saw a salmon steak with broccoli inside. I immediately smiled and closed the microwave to reheat it.


“Maaga umalis si OM G. May ginawa pa palang Avocado shake para sa’yo si Winter. Nasa ref siya kunin mo nalang later. Pampawala daw ng back pain,” Ning answered. Napaharap naman ako sakanya and saw her still smiling at me that’s why I raised an eyebrow at her, chuckling.


“Why are you smiling? Hindi ba masakit yung mouth mo? Kanina ka pa nakangiti,” I mused. She shrugged at naupo sa island stool.


“Masaya lang ako for you. Muntik mo na halikan si Win—”


“Ning, stop it!”


I can feel my face heating up just thinking about what happened last night. Narinig ko naman yung pagkalakas-lakas na tawa ni Ning with matching clapping pa, aba! Inirapan ko nalang siya and opened the fridge to get the avocado shake Winter had made na nakalagay sa white tumbler niya.


When I took a sip, Ning unexpectedly asked something, causing me to choke on the avocado shake.


“Bakit kayo mahilig maglandian dito sa kitchen? Kanina ko pa finifigure out kung may romantic vibe ba dito pero gutom lang yung nararamdaman ko.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, you did what?” 


Ate Krystal asked in disbelief as her driver drove us to her condo. She said that Ate Irene messaged her to let us know that our parents wanted to have a video call once we—me and the producers—had carefully reviewed the movie's final cut. Everything is finished, all that has to happen for it to be available on all streaming platforms and in cinemas is for us to send it to the trailer company so they can create the trailer.


People will be able to see the film that we worked so hard on in a few weeks. The first film I poured my heart and soul into. My first ever film with my sister.


“I, uh,” I sighed as I looked away. Nahihiya ako kay Ate. “I almost kissed her.”


I thought Ate Krystal would make fun of me but I didn’t expect her to go all so dramatic sa sinabi ko.


“Oh my God, you’re ed.”


I hastily turned my head to face her with a raised eyebrow, “Excuse me?”


“Oh, please,” She snorted and rolled her eyes. “Pardon my french but when you told me you have a crush on her, I immediately knew that you were ed. Winter’s straight, baby sis. How in the world are you going to win her over?”


I’m always open with my sister. I'm not keeping anything from her because she's my closest sister. When I told her na I realized I like Winter, she wasn’t even surprised. She said she could fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter