Engagement Party

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello, everybody. We appreciate you attending this party. It's a special one for us since, as you can see, Suho and I are finally engaged. We wanted to share this moment with you, our family and friends. I hope that all of you could attend the wedding that we are currently planning for next year. That should do it, I suppose. Cheers!”


Together with Kuya Suho, Ate Irene raised her glass in a toast. We smiled at them and raised our glasses as well. Giselle joined me after being invited by Ate Irene and Ate Krystal. Because it is a private party, our guests are limited to Yu and Kim’s close friends and, of course, our families.


We all watched the two lovers and teased them into kissing. They did it naman nang medyo nahihiya pa yung sister ko. After that, we all applauded and congratulated the newly engaged couple. We took our seats at a round table. Krystal, Giselle, and I are seated next to Krystal's friends Jeno, Kai, Seulgi, Jisoo, and Jaemin. Although I had originally intended to invite Ning and Winter, I changed my mind after knowing that Jaemin would be attending. After everything Winter has said to me, I don't think it's appropriate to invite them to this party. Besides, busy si Winter asikasuhin yung visa niya.


We started eating na and as we do, Jeno kept on asking me if I want a certain food sa plate niya like come on, I don’t think na kukunin ko siya if I wanted to try it but I don’t want to be rude that’s why I declined politely. Besides, nakatingin sa amin yung other friends niya. He even stood up just to refill my iced tea, which drew the attention of the guests when he placed it in front of me. Because I'm seated with well-known actors and actresses in the industry, our table feels like the center of attention. One of Kuya Suho's relatives even approached Jisoo and requested for her autograph. My parents and Kuya Suho’s parents are seated on another table naman. They’re much closer sa mini stage na ginawa ng event coordinator. 


Mom and Dad just arrived yesterday, and as corny as it sounds, I felt like a baby again when they both hugged me. I haven't seen them since after I moved to London to study. I didn't realize how much I missed my parents until yesterday kaya we all stayed at a hotel where Ate Irene was staying the days before para sama-sama kami. God knows how long kami nag-iyakan and nagkamustahan. 


Mom and Dad are planning to stay in Manila for good if things go according to their plan so that we can be together, but if they do not, ako raw yung bumalik na sa New York. Planning pa lang naman kaya hindi ko pa iniisip. They were happy to learn that I'll be filming in New York, so maybe they'll join Winter and my team on the flight next week.


“Girl, what’s the chismis?” Giselle whispered to me when she saw what Jeno has just done with the iced tea. I shook my head and rolled my eyes discreetly. Bakit ba kasi katabi ko si Jeno sa right ko? Kainis. Giselle has been overwhelmed by the number of celebrities she's seen, and she even told me it feels surreal. Feel niya daw dapat doon siya sa seat ng mga nagcacater. Silly.


“There’s nothing. Eat your food nalang,” I answered, mumbling and making Gi chuckle. 


“Akala ko pa naman boyfriend mo na,” she added teasingly before fixing her seat and continuing to eat. I disregarded what she said and continued eating my food. After this kasi, we’ll take a family picture and then mingle with people. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter