Sorted out?

Manager of the Century

 

Poorva’s POV

I sat staring silently at the ground.

I was sitting on a chair facing all the members.

I was waiting for them to curse at me, to yell and scold me. But they didn’t say a thing. In a way that was worse. Now I felt even more accountable. I wouldn’t blame them if they yelled and threw me out. I deserved it. But their silence spoke volumes. Would they ever trust me again?

“We… we’ve all come to the conclusion that its not really your fault.” Leeteuk said his tone emotionless.

I glanced at him. He looked like he’d aged. He’d lost weight too. The skin on his cheeks clung to his face. He looked shrunken and small.

I felt a wave of guilt and remorse pass over me as I realized that I’d caused this.

My neck bent lower and my head bowed in shame.

Diksha unnie was sitting beside me. She looked at my tense hands and put her warm palm over them.

I barely glanced at her but she smiled a little and nodded at me.

There was silence again.

“We-well I mean Jaehwa. He did steal it. So…” Donghae started to say but stopped abruptly.

“It IS my fault.” I whispered but it was audible enough for everyone to hear.

No one objected.

“I’ve been thinking.” Eunhyuk said and I felt extreme dread well up inside me.

I didn’t want to hear what he said next. I frowned furiously and looked down. This was it. He’d let me go. Then he said something which shocked me.

“Your mum said you wouldn’ t do well if you know,  you got hurt and all. But after everything happened you were fine. You didn’t forget anything. I was kind of prepared for it but you didn’t.”

I looked up at him, confusion etched on my face.

“Th-that’s right…” I mumbled.

“Poorva… did you forget that you even had a phone?” Shindong asked looking at me cautiously.

I tried to rack my brain for the answer but it was turning up blank.

“You bought a new phone. What colour is it?” Kyuhyun asked.

I opened my mouth to answer but found that I had no clue. What the heck? I’d seen that phone hours before in Jaehwa’s hands. I knew it was mine but what colour was it.

“I-I don’t know.” I stammered.

Kyuhyun nodded then asked “What model is it?”

Again I searched for the answer but could find none.

“I have no clue.” I said shaking my head in disbelief.

“Whats your number?” Eunhyuk asked, his voice softening tenfold.

I breathed out and once again tried to find an answer. I closed my eyes trying to concentrate but I found that I didn’t know.

“I-“ I stammered, looking up at all their faces with guilt in my eyes.

“Why don’t you remember anything?”

“I-“ I looked at him then I realized. I’d learnt about this when I was helping out in the summers in my father’s clinic.

“Hey you guys remember the colour of my phone right? Put something of the same colour in front of me. Something anyone can describe.”

They all looked at me thoroughly puzzled but Eunhyuk grabbed a cup of a shelf and placed it in front of me.

Diksha unnie was looking at me curiously.

“Okay um. This is a cup and its freshly washed. And it has a handle. And it was gifted to you from fans. And its colour is-“ I stopped and tried to scan my mind for the right word.

I was shocked to know that I had no clue. I knew what colour that was! I just didn’t know what the hell it was called.

Diksha unnie frowned and said “Think pup.”

I noticed Donghae staring at her lovingly.

I racked my brains for the answer but I had no clue.

“What does that mean?” Eunhyuk asked clearly worried.

“The left brain identifies objects. The right brain forms the words and makes the come out. I was wondering why I was all right after everything.” I almost laughed “That’s why I recognized my phone but I have no idea of anything attached to it. This is crazy.”

I threw my head back in frustration and frowned.

Unnie squeezed my hand reassuringly and I let myself lean on her arm.

“That’s settled then.” Eunhyuk said with finality in his voice.

“Then its not your fault.” Leeteuk said glancing at me.

“B-but what will we tell Sooman?” I asked panicking suddenly.

“We’ll say it was a mixup. For now lets concentrate on getting our tracks back.” Ryeowook said nodding at everyone in turn.

I was going to say something when I heard the doorbell ring.

Eunhyuk got up to answer. A few seconds later we heard a low “What do you want?” and glanced to the door to see Eunhyuk, one hand on the door looking down.

I got up to go see what was wrong. I put one hand on his shoulder and noticed how tense his hand was. He was literally gripping the handle.

I looked past him and standing there, looking very awkward and out of place, with an expressionless face, scratching the back of his neck was TOP.

I was very confused and asked him softly “What are you doing here?”

Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri appeared behind him as he met my eyes with difficulty and then said “We want to help.”

                                                        ~~~

TOP’s POV

All of us were sitting around a coffee table. We were seated on the couch while Super Junior stood in front of us.

Seungri was sitting beside me. He was looking at his hands. I wish we’d listened to him before. He had warned us that GD would find out but we honestly didn’t think Jaehwa could sink to that level.

Daesung was looking very awkward and out of place. He was the closest to GD out of us all. And he had been the one who’d warned us against telling GD. We all wanted him to get over Poorva. He really needed to get a grip on himself.

We sat silently in front of them.

“So… you say you all didn’t know?” Poorva asked leaning against the wall and looking out of the window.

“We really had absolutely no clue.” Taeyang said to her but he lowered his gaze.

She sighed and looked at us.

“You believe them?” she asked the rest of the members.

“Do you?” Leeteuk asked.

“I think so…” she said.

Daesung cleared his throat and said “We have a proposition to make. One that’ll make stuff all right hopefully. For all of us.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! I'll update the next chapter tonight as well. Everything will be okay (maybe). 

I'm also going to start writing a new fanfic with Suju and Exo. AAAAAAAND *drumroll* its going to be a medical fanfic! Like in a hospital and stuff. Check it out please!

*bows*