I've got the power!

Manager of the Century

 

IMPORTANT NOTE: I've included some songs in this chapter. If you listen to them while readind you'll get the full effect. Also try to get to the specific lines when they'e said. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eunhyuk’s POV
 
Okay certified I am dead today. 
 
“Eunhyuk” Poorva’s muffled voice came out
 
“Y-yeah?” I stammered
 
“Take this.” She said and fished around in her pocket. A moment later she pulled out a small music player and handed me earphones. They were those surround sound kind. 
 
I looked at her like she had gone crazy
 
“I’m not crazy.” She said and grinned as if reading my mind “If might get really loud. I’m used to it. Your ears might hurt a lot. Take it. It’ll help. Trust me.”
 
I took the earphones from her pocket and plugged them in. 
 
“Can we start already?!” the man said as he and his girlfriend got back on the bike. They were dressed too. 
 
I played the first song I could find 
 
Exo-mama
 
Poorva started the engine. I gulped.
 
D.O.’s voice flooded my ears
‘irho borin chae wemyon hanun got gata chamul subake obso…’
 
The man revved up his own engine.
 
I heard someone yelling in the back
 
“1” I gulped again
 
“2” I wasn’t scared
 
“3” okay I’m scared
 
“GO!” I felt a tug and was practically thrown back as the front wheel of our car rose. I grabbed onto Poorva for dear life to find her grabbing the handles with
all her might. Suddenly the bike fell back down and we sped ahead with a crazy speed. 
 
I held onto her with all my might. My helmet was bouncing against my skin. I didn’t know what speed we were going at but I could tell you we were practically a blur. I didn’t dare to look up. The wind was whipping me. Seriously. And it hurt. And thank god for those earphones or my eardrums would’ve burst by now.
 
Dust was whipping past me at a crazy speed. I tried to scream but I could only choke. 
 
What had I gotten myself into?! OH GOD! I can’t take this! HELP ME!
 
If I get out of this alive I’m going to do 500 pushups. Ah shinchaa! Why me?!
 
By now even Exo was telling me to turn back.
 
I wanted to repeat what Kai was yelling in my ears
‘die kill shout the fight. This is not a war’
 
Hell I wish this wasn’t a war.
 
Seriously MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA help me turn back!
 
Does really no one care about me?!
 
God help me!
 
I gathered the courage to look up. We were going head to head with the man. That filled me with a crazy amount of energy.
 
“We’re done with the first lap” Poorva yelled
 
JUST THE FIRST?! Fuuuuuuuuu
 
“I’m gonna go a little faster now. Hold on tight. REALLY tight!”
 
The song ended and Nu’est’s face started playing
 
I really felt like I was in a movie.
 
Action music in the background. Crazy speed. Only if there were stunts
 
“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” I yelled
 
Be careful what you ask for they said.
Don’t be crazy about impressing girls they said.
Value life they said.
But no I’m Eunhyuk right! I just can’t godforsaken listen! 
 
I’m not making it out of this alive am I? T_T
 
‘Jackpot!’ the song had screamed as Poorva rode the bike over a huge sand dune without decreasing the speed. We fell of the air and were suspended in the air for a matter of seconds as I realized that we were 50 feet off the ground. Kill me now. Oh wait the way things are going god probably will.
 
But gravity did its work and we were pulled down instantly. 
 
“NOOOOOOOOO” I yelled as we sped towards the ground. 
 
I could see determination in her eyes but this was crazy. She kept going down and then in a crazy moment I saw her narrow her eyes and she pulled the handles of the bike up with all her might. She grunted and I could see that she had muscles! The bike hit the ground with a loud thud. My bounced about a metre above before coming down and sitting again. Ouch.
 
But she showed no signs of slowing down as she sped forward again. She leaned over the handles and increased the speed even further. I grabbed her waist and hung on
 
“We’ve done 3 Eunhyuk!” Poorva yelled again.
 
“Stop stop please!” I yelled back
 
She turned to look at me for a nanosecond and then pulled on the brakes. The bike stopped with a screech.
 
I was a little surprised. I didn’t know she would actually stop.
 
“Hey I get it. It can be scary. You should get off.” 
 
I heard menacing laughter as the man’s motorbike rushed past us.
 
“See you later losers!” his girlfriend hollered at us.
 
“I’m sorry.” I said dismounting quickly
 
“hey don’t worry. Now go safely to the sidelines and watch.”
 
I turned around to go when suddenly she stopped me and said “Hey can I get the ipod?” 
 
“Yeah sure.” I said handing it to her
 
I walked away and turned back to see her plugging it into her own ears. I didn’t know what she was going to do but I was glad I wouldn’t have to be sitting on
that bike to witness it
 
Poorva’s POV
 
I need some power music if I’m going to defeat that beast and what better than BAP’s Power?
 
The sound flooded my ears and I glanced to the side to see that the man only had one lap left. The track was circular and there was a hill in between. I was on top of it and the man on the lower road. I didn’t see how I was ever going to catch up if I followed the path. Well then theres only one way.
 
I’m glad Eunhyuk isn’t here or I wouldn’t have been able to do this.
 
I accelerated and started going forward.
 
Eunhyuk’s POV
 
She accelerated and started going forward then suddenly she made a sharp turn and went down the hill.
 
IS SHE CRAZY?! She’s going to get hurt. I didn’t know if I wanted to watch.
 
But wait she was swerving perfectly. Avoiding all the trees and bushes in her way. Then suddenly she lifted the front wheel of the bike and sped right off the cliff and ended up in front of the man himself. Even from a distance I could see how shocked he was. Way to go girl!
 
Poorva’s POV
 
Now that that’s cleared up, for the final lap.
 
I accelerated. More, more. It was like a wild fury had taken over me. I couldn’t see anything. Only the finish line. That was it
 
I narrowed my eyes.
 
‘We got the power! I got the power!’
 
It was coming closer. 
 
‘We got the power! I got the power!’
 
closer.
 
‘warning warning warning warning’
 
Just a little bit left
 
‘Everybody say hate you! One more say hate you!’
 
And just as the song announced the end with a loud bang I crossed the finish line and won. I won.
 
                                          ~~~
 
I was putting on my coat when I heard a voice behind me
 
“Poorva is it? I read about you on the internet.”
 
The girlfriend of that thug-gangster-hybrid walked upto me. 
 
What was she doing here? And what happened to her boyfriend?
 
I voiced my questions out loud and she replied with a sigh “I never actually liked him. You just gave me an excuse. I owe you one. I’m Hyori by the way.”
 
She pulled out a carton of cigarettes and a lighter and asked me “You want one?”
 
“I don’t smoke.”
 
“what a good girl you are.” She said and shrugged “But a little too good don’t you think?” there was a strange glint in her eyes.
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I gave myself one last look in the mirror and got ready to leave.”
 
I was two steps away from the door when she said “How close do you want to get to death before you’re consumed by it?”
 
“What?” I said but I didn’t turn.
 
She blew out a puff of smoke and came closer to me “Who was it? Nah… its ‘what’ isn’t it? What was it? Something happened didn’t it?” 
 
I cringed.
 
“Ah so I’m right? What was it?”
 
“That’s none of your business.” I said coldly and walked out.
 
I closed the door behind me and rushed into the bathroom in front of me. I was shivering. I felt like I would choke. My head felt heavy. 
 
Laughter. It sounded like a tinkling laugh. Play with me! A little girl danced in front of me. Flashes from the past. I struggled but they wouldn’t leave me. There was knife. Then blood. So much so much blood. Poorva! Someone screamed in horror. A woman’s face. Then an ambulance. Where am I? There was a chair with electric chords attached everywhere. There was a terrible scream. A girl was lying in front of me on a table. Four people pinned her down. She kept jolting violently, screaming, and reaching out for anywhere. Then I became that girl. A scream. A bloodcurdling scream. 
 
“Poorva! Poorva! Whats wrong?” 
 
There was someone in front of me. I grabbed him trying to make him feel my pain. I hugged him with all my might and then I felt two hands on my back embracing me. Someone was whispering soothing words in my ear 
 
“Hey hey I’m here. Its okay its okay.”  
 
It was Eunhyuk. 
 
“Eunhyuk.” I gasped and hugged him again. He didn’t cringe but he hugged me back. I was sitting on the floor. I sensed something wet on my cheek and I moved my hand. Tears. 
 
“What happened?” he asked, concerned.
 
“I… I don’t remember. When did you come in?” I whispered weakly.
 
“you were screaming your head off! I thought something had happened. When I came in you were lying on the floor unconscious and you were shivering so violently.” He said loosening his hold on me
 
“Don’t let me go.” I said and then had a coughing fit
 
He embraced me tighter
 
“Look at you. Lets go get you some food.”
 
He led me out and wrapped his coat around me. Through the corner of my eye I saw Hyori. She was smirking.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm know I know I'm stretching the amusemt park bit too much but the next one is going to be the last and there's some drama comming up and ooh what happened to Poorva? Strange ain't it? Lets see why she's doing all that. And what is Hyori's problem? Hmm... we'll just have to wait and find out