S U R P R I S E

Manager of the Century

 

Lee Soo Man’s POV
 
“Is everything getting ready for the banquet of the new album. We have to announce to the stake holders in style.” I was talking to my assistant on the phone.
 
“Yes sir but sir you’ve never done something this big for Super Junior before. Why so suddenly?”
 
“That’s none of your business. Just do the job you get paid for.”
 
“I am sorry, sir.”
 
I didn’t care for his apology and hung up. 
 
He didn’t need to know that I had done this for my daughter. My lovely daughter, Haesung. 
 
Haesung’s POV
 
I smirked as I heard stupid Soo Man ‘dad’ finish is phone call. This was it. Now she was done. Time to put my plan into action.
 
Poorva’s POV
 
“A banquet?” Leeteuk asked again, clearly shocked.
 
“For us?!” Heechul added, raising one eyebrow.
 
“That’s what the dude said.” I replied pointing to a message I had received on my phone from Lee Soo Man.
 
“That’s…” Yesung said but never finished
 
“FRIGGIN AWESOME!” Sungmin yelled, jumping off his seat.
 
“And a little weird.” Kyuhyun added.
 
I didn’t really know what to say so I just kept my mouth shut. 
 
Everyone was looking a mix of confused and delighted and I glanced at my clock. . It was 3pm and the dinner was at 7pm. 
 
“GET UP EVERYONE!” I yelled, “We have only FOUR hours!”
 
After that we announced emergency in the little country that was on the 11th floor. 
 
I was busy dialing various tuxedo shops. Leeteuk was herding all the members asking them to quickly get ready. 
 
“Okay the tuxedos should be ready. I need to get to the shop. I’ll go get your accessories and other things too. I’m going neh?” I told the members in a hurried state
 
“Wait. Someone should go with you.”
 
“I’ll go!” Eunhyuk said
 
“Eunhyuk- ah you have work to do here! Donghae, Kyuhyun and Sungmin, you go.”
 
All the three members nodded and followed me downstairs. 
 
I was still wondering why Lee Soo Man had suddenly given the most underappreciated artists in his company a banquet. There had to be a reason. There
just had to be.
 
Jyoti’s POV
 
I came out of the airport dragging my stroller bag. My plane had just landed. I pulled out my phone
 
“What schedule does Eunhyuk have for the day?” I said
 
“He’s going for a dinner party at 7.” 
 
“I want entry.”
 
“You will have it”
 
I hung up. I took a deep breath of the South Korean air. I gritted my teeth. I knew I would hate myself for doing this but I had no choice. I was supposed to protect her. I couldn’t have her condition worsen because of this Eunhyuk gentleman. 
 
I sighed again. Would he understand? Would he really understand?
 
Poorva’s POV
 
“Have we got everything?” I asked Sungmin while he checked the bags yet again and then gave me a firm nod.
 
“Good.” I said and walked out of the store but bumped into Kyuhyun.
 
“Kyuhyun?” I asked, slightly irritated.
 
He muttered something I couldn’t decipher
 
“What?!” I asked again
 
“Antis.” He hissed and threw me a sidelong glance
 
I looked over his shoulder to see a bunch of boys standing with bats in their hands.
 
“I don’t have time for this right now.” I handed Kyuhyun the bags in my hand and brushed one hand through my hair.
 
The supposed leader of the pack stepped up. His jaw was constantly moving like he was chewing on some gum. 
 
“You can go, lady. Leave the boys.” He said
 
I rolled my eyes but somehow maintained my calm.
 
“There is no need for violence.” I said 
 
He scoffed and spat out his gum. Disgusting idiot.
 
“Last chance for you lady.”
 
“I don’t have the time for this right now.” I said, extremely irritated. 
 
“Fine then!” The boy yelled and ran forward with his bat held above.
 
Stupid kid. 
 
Kyuhyun’s POV
 
My eyes widened with worry as the anti fan charged towards her. But with the flick of one hand she grabbed his torso and whipped him around. He crashed into one of the bins lying nearby.
 
Her brow was furrowed as if she didn’t really want to do this.
 
Another two large kids ran towards her. She dodged both and simply stuck her leg out, tripping both of them. She handled three more the same way. Always using defense. Never really hurting them. 
 
“YOU STUPID INDIAN B**CH!” one of them yelled.
 
She was frozen for a second. Then I saw her eyes. They were practically glowing with anger. 
 
She gritted her teeth, trying to control her anger as that same boy ran towards her. She didn’t do any defense but straight out punched him. He fell to the ground instantly, clutching his face.
 
I glanced towards Sungmin and Donghae. Both their eyes were wide and their mouths were open. Donghae gulped and closed his mouth.
 
She was breathing heavily. The rest of the kids realized they were no match and ran off instantly. 
 
“P-Poorva… are you okay?” Donghae asked hesitantly.
 
She was silent for a moment then closed her eyes as if calming herself.
 
“Yes.” She said opening her eyes.
 
She took the bags from my hand and I put one hand on her shoulder and said with adoring eyes “Dude… RESPECT!” 
 
She started laughing. Man. She was perfect for Eunhyuk hyung.
 
Poorva’s POV
 
“Okay is everyone ready?” I asked straightening Eunhyuk’s tie.
 
“Except you.” Leeteuk said
 
“Don’t worry about me. I’ll hurry.”
 
“Do you have formal clothing?” Sungmin peeked over Kyuhyun’s shoulder. He was correcting the messy tie Kyuhyun had made
 
“Umm… Hyoyeon unnie did gift me a dress on my birthday but…” 
 
“Go wear it! Palli!”
 
                                                 ~~~
 
Eunhyuk’s POV 
 
“Does this look all right?” Poorva came out 
 
My eyes became plates and my jaw dropped enough to fit a mountain. I don’t think I’ve seen any girl look that pretty. 
 
I could only stare. She was wearing a short black and white dress and black heels. She was hardly wearing any makeup and looked extremely beautiful that way.
 
“Oh you look so pretty!” Sungmin squealed behind me then pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of the dress. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QjVMZThzsxQ/Tc3YtQF4RSI/AAAAAAAAA-o/GBHxDgVV2EI/s640/Strapless+Black+And+White+Short+Dress+1.jpg
 
“I picked this out with Hyoyeon! She said she was taking it for a dear friend of hers.” He added.
 
“Dude… you’ve got a catch.” Donghae whispered in my ear.
 
“We should go.” Leeteuk said, glancing at his watch. 
 
Everyone else was still gawking at Poorva when I realized that she was feeling quite uncomfortable. 
 
I cleared my throat and everyone glanced at me
 
“Lets go.” I said and grabbed her hand. 
 
“You’re looking very good.” I whispered in her ear.
 
I saw her smile and blush. 
 
“Wear such dresses often neh?”
 
“Eunhyuk!” she yelled and smacked me on the head. 
 
                                                           ~~~
 
We arrived at the party scene and entered. I could see all the men gawking at Poorva and I covered her slightly but her being our manager, she had to greet all the shareholders and other managers.
 
She separated from me after a while and I stuck with Donghae. Both of us were getting bored but we knew she had work to do. She was bustling around, talking to more and more people. Occasionally she signaled towards some member or the other. Everyone nodded and agreed with her. She was doing a very good job.
 
“She’s good isn’t she?” Leeteuk joined us “She’s already gotten many people interested in the new album. Maybe we’ll have a better set this time. We’ve gotten some concerts and variety shows too, would you believe that? And Siwon just booked another drama!”
 
“Whoa. She’s REALLY good.” Donghae nodded while I gazed at her proudly.
 
“Which one of you would be Eunhyuk?” We heard a voice behind us and turned sharply.
 
There was a slightly old woman standing in front of us. She was dressed elegantly with some sort of wrap around. Sari isn’t that what it was called? She had grayish hair and was making no attempt to cover it. That gave her an amazing amount of grace. 
 
“Good evening Mr. Eunhyuk.” She said and stretched out her hand and gave me a very firm handshake. 
 
“Good evening. Are you part of the company?”
 
“No my name is Jyoti. I am Poorva’s mother.”
 
“Oh! Should I call her?” I turned back and searched for Poorva when she said a little frantically
 
“Oh no no! I am here to talk to you.”
 
“Talk to me?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“All right.” 
 
“In private please.”
 
I glanced at Leeteuk and he nodded at me. I led her off towards a corner of the room.
 
“What is it Mrs. Parashar?”
 
“Eunhyuk, son, have you by any chance talked to Poorva about her past?”
 
“Umm… I don’t recall doing that.”
 
She took in a deep breath as if preparing herself for something big.
 
She looked right into my eyes. It was as if her eyes were piercing through my soul.
 
“There is something you need to know about her. Before you get so close that she becomes worse.” 
 
“Yes?” I asked, worried and very hesitant
 
“Poorva… she… her brain. Something happened.”
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay okay yes I'm stretching it.... BUT everything and I mean EVERYTHING will be revealed in the next chapter. Her past with Jiyong AND her problem. So don't kill me. Its worth the wait. I hope.