Dates finally!

Manager of the Century

Poorva’s POV

“Its crooked! Can you fix it for me?” Sungmin had come into the living room in a hurry looking very frustrated.

“Yes of course.” I started to fix his tie when he asked

“Is my hair okay?”

Before I could answer he said “Its not is it? I have to do it again.”

“Well I think its-“

I was cut short by him saying “Oh gosh is my tuxedo okay?”

“I think its very-“

“Bad isn’t it?” He was panicking like crazy “I know I know! I’ll change it! And what about my shoes? Ooooh They look horrible! And my-“

“SUNGMIN!”

“Huh?” he looked up looking like a lost puppy.

“You’re looking very handsome. Calm down.” I said trying to soothe him.

“Sure?” he asked again.

 

“Positive. Now your tie is fixed. Go do your finishing touches and all neh?”

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see a very nervous looking Donghae.

“Is something the matter?” I asked worriedly.

“Well the thing is… I’m… well…. I’m not very… good with girls. What if I make a complete fool of myself?” He said looking down.

“Donghae?” I said

“Hmm…” he said

“Diksha is a very lovely girl. One of the best I know okay? And I don’t let her meet too many guys. And if I’m letting her meet you then that means there’s something special about you hmm?”

“I guess…”

“Just be natural and be yourself okay? She’ll love you.”

“Sure?”

“Absolutely!”

He smiled brightly and walked back into his room.

“How do I look?” Leeteuk hopped up brightly and asked.

“Yah yah! You have Kang Sora. Leave the rest for us would you?!” Kyuhyun said.

“Yah maknae! You have 4 as it is!” Leeteuk yelled back.

I laughed. Dummies, one and all. Come to think of it where’s that special dummy packaged in the body of an anchovy?

Eunhyuk’s POV

I secretly glanced at her from my room again.

She was wearing a grayish black pant which slightly flared around the bottoms and a crimson top with a black belt a little above her mid riff. Her top was puffed up around the sleeves. Her long hair was done up in a bun with a few loose ends scattered here and there. She looked like a… no there’s nothing like that  on the planet yet.

“Hello Mr. Stalker.” I heard Sungmin hyung’s voice behind me and jumped.

“Umm uh what?” I coughed and straightened.

“Staring at her again? You should add that to your hobbies you know.”

“Umm uh staring? Haha what a joke. Of course not.”

“Hmmm her dress is very good I’ll give you that. I’ve seen it somewhere though.” He said furiously typing on his phone.

“You have?”

“Aha! Here. Look.”

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9071/01vq8.jpg

“What is wrong with you? Where do you even get all this?”

“Ah Eunhyuk you’re still young.” He said and patted my head. “Anyways stare away. I won’t disturb you.”

“Neh…” I mumbled and walked away embarrassed.

Aish.

                                                     ~~~

We’d arrived at the scene of the crime. The crime of stealing hearts. Haaahaaahaaa. Sorry I was trying to be poetic. Anyways.

“Woaaaah! This place is huge!” Poorva said walking behind me.

“And expensive.”

“Expensive?” Her eyes grew huge “We should’ve gone to Hana. Who will pay for all this?”

We had changed the restaurant from Hana to another place we all loved which Poorva hadn’t been to.

“You… don’t like expensive stuff?!” I asked, thoroughly confused.

“Not at all. Instead of taking me to a very high end place I like a simple dinner at home more.”

“You don’t like expensive gifts either?”

“Nope. I like cards and other such stuff more. For me its not about the money that went into he gift but the effort that did.”

“Really?”

“I know. I’m crazy.” she laughed.

If she was crazy then she was the cutest crazy person ever I’d ever seen.

My thoughts were broken by a loud yell “HYUNG!”

Onew was waving both his arms at me and the other members were trying to hide their faces as all the other diners stared at Onew with a disgusted face. He was an idiot after all. Leeteuk waved back to give him a signal to stop and thankfully he did.

We walked over to the large table that had been reserved for us.

Everyone who was going on a date was wearing a tuxedo. All the others were wearing… well something. I’m not good with this fashion stuff.

“How are you all?” I kindly asked them when Taemin burst in

“Where are our girls?”

“Eh?” Poorva said and chuckled “Patience dear Taemin , patience. They’ll be here soon enough.”

“I can’t wait any longer!” Key said.

“You don’t much of a choice you know? Neh Poorva?” Heechul spoke up.

She was looking past us out of the restaurant.

“Oh look at that Diksha unnie, Geet unnie and Kimberly are here! I’ll go get them. Eunhyuk you want to come?” she said and looked at me.

“Yeah sure.” I got up to go.

Both of us made our way to the restaurant.

“Oppa?” she whispered.

“Hmm?” I asked.

“Diksha unnie and Kimberly are a very protective so you’ll have to impress them. Otherwise their looks can cause serious damage.”

“You’re telling me this NOW?” I hissed.

She chuckled a little and said “Sorry. Oh and don’t worry about Geet unnie. She likes you already.” Then giggled again.

I saw 3 girls standing outside. One was taller than the rest and was wearing a formal green shirt and black bottoms. Her hair was tied up in a professional looking bun. She was holding something delicately in her hands and was looking around at the place with a very examining and observant gaze.

The second one was wearing a long saffron shirt. Wait that Poorva had told me what that was. Yes a kurta! And tights underneath. She was looking very pretty with short hair. In fact she gave off an air of friendliness and easiness.

The other seemed a little nervous but she was smiling constantly. She was wearing a frilly white dress and looked very cute. She turned towards us and said loudly “Poorva!”

For a second I thought she was a singer. Her voice was very melodious.

Poorva ran up to her and hugged her.

“Kimberly!”

The other girls looked at me. The one in the green shirt looked at me with a gaze that made me feel like I was going through some sort of a test. Then she turned towards Poorva and hugged her as Poorva yelled “Unnie!”

She smiled and patted Poorva’s head “How is my puppy doing?”

“Your puppy is good.”

Then she turned to the third one who grabbed her hands and yelled “Poorva! Its been so long!”

“I missed you!” Poorva replied.

Then she looked at me and motioned for me to come closer.

“This is Eunhyuk.” She said smiling proudly at me.

“We know.” Kimberly smiled at Poorva and then said to me “We’ve heard TONS about you!”

“Yes very nice things.” Diksha looked at me and smiled approvingly.

I felt a sudden wave of relief. Impression made!

“Oh you guys are here too!” Poorva looked past them and saw some more girls coming inside the reception area.

They all looked very pretty. Some of them were wearing dresses while other wore well… other stuff. They all smiled at Poorva and some waved.

“Hey guys! Lets go in neh?”

“Neh!” they all said and fell into step beside us as we moved into the restaurant.

They were all looking very nervous and curious as we went up to the desk. Everyone got up and were staring at the girls.

“Ladies! Introduce yourselves!” Poorva said to them.

“Hey I’m Geet! I’m a computer engineer and I’m 26. I’m Sungmin’s date I presume?” she smiled brightly at Sungmin.

He seemed transfixed then he shook his head, looked at her and smiled brightly.

“Yes you are! Lets go on our own date neh? I have tonnes planned out for you!”

“You do?” she said as Sungmin whirled her away and they left our not so little group.

“I’m Diksha. I’m a criminal lawyer and I’m 25. I’m here to see Donghae.” She said and smiled a little. I looked at Donghae who seemed to be gagging a little. I knew that face. He liked her!

“Umm yes! Uh… should we uh…go?” he stuttered.

She laughed a little and said “Yes. Lets.”

Then she took his hand in hers and led him out. He followed sheepishly. The idiot was blushing.

“Hi! I’m Kimberly! I’m a pediatrician. I love babies a lot. Hehe. Anyways I’m 22 and I’m Onew’s date for tonight!” she smiled happily and giggled.

Onew shot up out of his seat and they both left in what seemed somewhat like a tornado.

Then they came one after another.

“Hi I’m Ronica! I’m a journalist! I’m 2ne1! Haha! Here for Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun probably never laughed that loudly as he led her away. “2ne1! Awesome!” I heard him whisper to himself.

“Hi. I’m Aishwarya. I’m a software designer.” She looked up shyly at Taemin “Uhm… should we go?” she asked.

Taemin was looking transfixed at her. He didn’t even blink and just said “Yeah. Lets…” It was when Minho elbowed him did he come back to his senses and out they went.

“Alolika.” A girl said professionally “I work in a trades firm. Key?”

Key shyly led her out. Key. Shy. I can’t believe this.

Another one smiled warmly “Hello everyone I’m Aaleeya. I’m a college professor. I’m here for Heechul.”

I’ve known Heechul hyung for 10 years and he has NEVER smiled like that at any girl.

“Yeah lets go…” he led her off in a dreamy state.

“And lastly I’m Aleena and I’m a designer. Minho is my date hopefully!” she laughed.

“Yes I am!” Minho led her out like the gentleman he was.

The rest of us settled in the seats that were left.

“woaaaah! I have high hopes now! All of them were so pretty!” Yesung said to Poorva.

She laughed “Yours are prettier!”

Yesung blushed and settled back into his seat.

Everyone else was discussing each and every girl one by one. I glanced at Poorva. She was looking with a strange expression at her phone.

“Something wrong?” I asked her.

She glanced at me then back to her phone.

“Umm… I have 37 missed calls. From G-Dragon.”

“G-Dragon? 37?!” I asked confused.

“I’ll call him back.” She mumbled and put her phone to her ear.

I looked at her worried.

“Neh Jiyong? What happened? Thirty seven missed ca-“

She stopped midsentence and her face turned ghostly pale. Her hand started shaking.

“Wh-whats wrong?”

She didn’t reply.

I grabbed the phone from her hand and stuck it to my ear.

“Gdragon? Whats wrong?”

“Eunhyuk? Get her to Juchong hospital right now. Her mother’s had a heart attack. She’s in a very critical condition. They could lose her any minute.”