Who's a foodie? ME ME!

Manager of the Century

 

Poorva’s POV

I was still shivering as Eunhyuk led me out and carefully made me sit on a bench. He sat beside me and put one arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

“You… need some warmth.” He said as if to explain himself. I could sense his cheeks turning red.

“I do.” I said and rested my head on his chest. Memories of the first time I had seen him came flooding back. I was the one turning red now.

Then suddenly I heard the loud beating of a drum and I got up with start. There was a small platform a few metres away. A man was beating a large drum to get everyone’s attention. He started talking in a very loud voice

“We challenge you. If you and a friend can finish 15 bowls of pasta in 15 minutes then you will get FIVE cartons of Honeytop’s Strawberry Milk along with a Samsung laptop and an Apple iPod! Come one come all!”

“Strawberry milk…” Eunhyuk whispered his eyes lighting up.

“Pasta…” I said my eyes lighting up.

“Lets do it!” we both got up and yelled at the same time. I looked at him and he looked at me and then both of us burst into laughter.

We quickly rushed toward the booth only to find people returning with very sullen and disappointed faces. We made our way through the crowd to see what it was all about when we saw that the bowls were twice the size of normal bowls! No one would be able to win like this. I also noticed that people who were losing had to give 20,000 won to get out. They had forgotten to mention that. But the pasta looked yummy…  An elderly lady walked up to us and asked kindly “Would you like to join?”

I gulped and looked towards Eunhyuk. He looked at me too. There was determination in his eyes. I nodded and he turned towards the lady and said

“We would love to.”

We were both seated at a chair and a loud voice came out from a speaker “We have two new challengers. Lets see if they can win this challenge!”

Two bowls were placed in front in front of us. The old lady pulled out a stopwatch and said

“Your time starts…” Eunhyuk picked up chopsticks and I picked up a fork.

“NOW.”

It was sheer madness after that. I can’t quite clearly describe it. The pasta was lovely and instead of eating one piece at a time like normal people, I used the fork as a murder weapon and killed five pieces in one go. I stuffed it in my mouth and chewed as quickly as possible while murdering the next 5. I could barely make out what Eunhyuk was doing. All I knew was that I ate one bowl then two then three, four, five, six, seven and then somehow reached the last bowl.

The whole audience was gawking at us. The people running the booth seemed to be very nervous as they placed the last bowl in front of us.

I looked at Eunhyuk. He looked miserable.

“You have 1 minute left.” Said the lady

We started eating and we ate and ate and ate.

“10 seconds.”

There were 5 pieces left.

“9.”

I stuffed one in my mouth.

“I can’t…” Eunhyuk groaned and fell off his seat.

“8”

My mouth was full but a swallowed a little and forced another two in my mouth.

“7”

Ugh…I can’t eat more.

“6”

I have to.

“5”

I can’t

“4”

For Eunhyuk…

I stuffed another two in my mouth

“3”

Its for him… I think I like him… a lot.

“2”

I speared the last one.

“1!”

I put it in my mouth somehow and swallowed everything

“TIME UP!” the lady yelled but it was too late for her… we had already won

I fell off my seat too and landed beside Eunhyuk.

“Poorva…” he groaned

I answered in a grunt.

“Will you… go out with me?” he groaned clutching his stomach

“Yeah…” I groaned and clutched my own stomach

“Ahjumma…” I called the lady “Do you think you could call us a cab or something?”

                                               ~~~

“Yenna rascala! Mind it!” Rajnikanth said to me.

“Rajni! Shut up!” I groaned

“Yenna rascala! Mind it!” Rajnikanth said again

“What the heck?”

“Yenna rascala your phone is ringing!”

“oh oh right thanks.”

I groaned again and moved my hand until it landed on my phone. I lifted it quickly, stuck it to my my ear and answered

“Hello?”

“stay away from him.” There was a strange female voice on the line.

“I’m sorry what?”

“I said stay away from him. Are you deaf?”

I opened my eyes to a hazy view of a room and got up a little.

“who is this?”

“just get away from Eunhyuk. He’s mine!”

“I’m sorry I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“damn right you don’t. I have sources you know. I could ruin you, you bi-“

“Yes I know what you’re talking about.” I cut in and stated plainly

“you… you..”

“whats your age?”

“17.”

“okay look here. Even if I did leave Eunhyuk which I won’t by the way he wouldn’t go out with a 17-year old.”

“that’s my problem not yours.”

I sighed “look here sweetie. You’ll find an amazing guy who’s your age but I really like Eunhyuk and this isn’t a drama so no. I’m very sorry to disappoint you but I’m not leaving him.”

“YOU!” she said and hung up.

Kids these days… I sighed, tossed my phone aside and went back to sleep. Rajni was in my dream again. I'm watching too many south indian movies these days... zzz....

Haesung’s POV

I was seething with anger. How dare that stupid manager talk to me like that?! I’ll see about her!

“YAAAAAAGH!” I screamed in anger and flung my $500 laptop against the wall.

It broke with a loud crack. Her photo was frozen on the screen.

I puffed in and out. I’ll see about you Poorva. I’ll destroy your happiness…

Stupid idiot. And all those people who call me dramatic are stupid idiots.

I’m LEE SOO MAN’s daughter. I’ll ruin her. I’ll ruin her beyond repair. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lame chapter? sorry! 
Anyways oooh... Haesung is evil ain't she? and how will the members react to Eunhyuk and Poorva going out? And Lee Soo Man has a NICE side? Lets see...