The Full Story

Manager of the Century

 

Diksha’s POV

I was fuming as I slammed the door open making the other members jump.

“Poorva?” Leeteuk asked but she ran past everyone into the bathroom without saying anything.

“W-What happened?” Ryeowook asked.

“Why is her face so red?!” Kyuhyun yelled.

“Jaehwa. Hit her.” Eunhyuk said his eyes almost glowing red.

“WHAT?!” the members yelled in unison.

“Full story now.” Leeteuk yelled.

I took a big gulp and asked everyone to sit then began to speak.

“We entered the YG building and found Jaehwa. Then...”

                                        ~~~

“You’re here.” Jaehwa said simply upon seeing us.

All of us were slightly taken aback.

“Well sir I am Super Junior’s manager. I would like to speak with you for a little while.” Poorva said politely smiling at him.

“With me?” He scoffed a little “Why?”

“Well sir it’s a little private.”

“Well speak here. I am quite busy unlike you.”

We looked left and right. It was a crowded office but no one seemed to be listening.

“Sir I’m afraid there has been a slight mix up. Actually the albums and teasers of Big Bang’s next album were very similar to Super Junior’s. I would like to talk to you about that. Actually-”

Poorva was stopped short as Jaehwa laughed loudly, drawing everyone’s attention and yelled “I am sorry little girl but are you accusing YG, one of the biggest companies, of stealing Super Junior’s material?”

“Well sir,” Poorva said still being polite “I’m not accusing anyone. It might just be a coincidence but I would just like to clarify it.”

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a phone.

“Remember this?” He said smirking and dangling it in front of our faces.

“Poorva isn’t that yours?” Eunhyuk asked glancing at Poorva.

She looked stricken.

“It is…” she whispered.

“Well a little careless of you leaving it in GD’s house isn’t it?” Jaehwa said then he leaned in and whispered “You’re dumber than you look.”

“You…” Poorva said her eyes flaring.

“Not me. Jiyong gave it to me.” He said.

“He would never do that.” Poorva said doubt clear on her face.

“Well then how did I get this? And why didn’t Jiyong do anything?” he said to Poorva and then turned to look at Donghae and me in turn finally resting his gaze on Eunhyuk.

“You’re all very stupid to trust this girl you know? I mean I thought when I showed you this phone you would realize it. How could she not notice her phone was missing? How could she not know? She lied to you obviously. She gave it to Jiyong herself. This liar.”

“No…” Eunhyuk whispered.

Poorva didn’t say anything. She was looking at the floor. It broke my heart to see her that way. But I still couldn't believe she could do this. She had always been so responsible. 

“Well doesn’t matter.” I decided to intervene “We are still suing YG and we are getting our material back.”

“Do you think I’m stupid?” asked Jaehwa on the verge of laughter “I’ve made slight changes in all the tracks and copyrighted them.” He smiled sweetly at us.

I felt like slapping him across the face with my foot then hanging him upside down from the first floor and spanking his before dropping him off a plane but somehow I controlled myself.

“This is all my fault.” Poorva whispered finally looking down.

Then she looked up. I was the only one that could make out the hysteria and desperation in her voice. I’d known this girl for years. “You can’t do this!” she said.

“I can and I will.”

She searched his face for something but there wasn’t a trace of emotion.

“You, little girl, are a liar. And careless and irresponsible. Think of me as an uncle teaching you a life lesson.” He said before turning away.

I thought he would walk away but suddenly he turned, lifted his arms and slapped Poorva across the face.

None of us had been expecting it and she fell on the floor because of the impact.

Our eyes opened in shock. She was sprawled on the floor. Her cheek was a very angry shade of red and as she raised her hand to touch it I could see blood trickle out from a gash on her jawline.

“YOU!” Eunhyuk yelled stepping towards Jaehwa when Poorva rose and grabbed his shoulders stopping him.

I couldn’t help myself and was preparing to yell at him when I saw her give me a firm glance and shake her head slightly. I restrained myself somehow. I hadn’t been so angry in days! How dare he slap a girl and not just any girl! This was my Poorva! And it wasn’t enough that he’d hurt her so much already. How dare he!?

I wanted to yell at him. Scream at him and stomp on him but for her I stopped myself.

She made us turn somehow and before leaving I gave Jaehwa a last sentence “Buck up because we’re coming back for everything.”

                                              ~~~

Everyone sat in silence. No one said a word. All their eyes were downcast as if they were fighting an internal battle. I knew they hated her for not taking enough care but how could they completely hate her? She was her after all.

I glanced at Eunhyuk. He was staring at a spot on the table as if his gaze would burn through it.

I knew what he must be feeling. I just wish he would keep himself together through all this and support her.

No one reacted in any way and through the bathroom door we all heard the sound of faint sobs. No one got up. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked it :)