Everything is a Lie

Manager of the Century

 

Poorva’s POV
 
I looked around the hall. Sungmin and Kyuhyun were checking out the food while Shindong was eating from a full plate. Ryeowook and Yesung were sitting with him, engaged in a heated discussion. Heechul and Siwon were talking to some authoritative looking people. Siwon was charming them while Heechul hardly seemed interested. Leeteuk and Donghae were standing in one corner talking to each other. I looked around again but found no Eunhyuk. I walked upto Donghae and said 
 
“Hey have you guys seen Eunhyuk?”
 
“Umm… yeah. Your mother took him.” Donghae said hesitantly
 
“My mother?” I replied, confused.
 
“Yeah.” Leeteuk nodded.
 
“B-but she’s in India.”
 
“Well she just took him. Isn’t her name Jyoti?” Leeteuk asked.
 
“It is but…”
 
Eunhyuk’s POV
 
“Something happened…” Mrs. Parashar said and sighed with grief
 
“What?” I was very worried now.
 
“When Poorva was 14 she was in an accident in which her parents and her sister were killed. She wasn’t even supposed to survive but she did. Somehow she did. My husband, her father’s brother adopted her. We had no children of our own and we dearly loved her. But…her brain had been affected in a strange way. There is this, to put it crudely, wire that connects the visual recognition part of her brain to her emotions. Like when she sees you, she knows she loves you and recognizes you. There is a same wire leading from her auditory area to her emotions. She hears your voice on the phone and knows you. Generally, one or both of these wires stop working but for Poorva they started malfunctioning. Which means that if she sees you she’ll know its Eunhyuk but she’ll not feel anything for you. This only happens when she’s been traumatized. She is not aware of all this. Her condition could worsen if she was aware.”
I couldn’t wrap myself around this. So… she… 
 
“That’s the worst of it right?” I mumbled
 
“No, the worst part is this.”
 
My heart sunk
 
“When she’s been traumatized she starts to forget her old memories and a very strange reaction sets off in her brain. Her brain offers up new memories to replace the past ones which she has forgotten. This way she has memories of things which never happened. For example when she was 5 she wasn’t living in Korea. She was living in India. Jiyong and Poorva were going out when the accident happened. Her parents had wished for her and Jiyong to get married as Jiyong was her father’s best friend’s son. When Poorva had the accident she was severely traumatized and started to forget many parts of her past, including her real parents, sister and Jiyong. Now, she has no memory of her biological family but Jiyong… her brain didn’t completely erase his memories. All she remembers is his name. Jiyong shifted with his parents to Korea soon after her accident and she forgot about him. Forgot about him almost completely. She just knows his name and that he was a childhood friend. She has no other memories of him. Jiyong… he still loves her… but… It can’t work out. Jiyong reminds her of her past. She can’t love him.”
 
G-dragon and Poorva were fiancés?! What the hell was happening?!
 
“Eunhyuk… if you leave her. She might… forget a lot of stuff. I know after this its going to be very hard for you but you had to know.” 
 
I was silent. What was I supposed to say? But I knew in my heart that it didn’t matter. I was too far gone already.
 
Poorva’s POV
 
It was like my whole world was crashing around me… I was… They weren’t my parents? G-dragon? I’m… I forget… My head started pounding. I needed to talk to Eunhyuk. Would he leave me after this? Would he leave me?