Aarambh

Manager of the Century

 

“Don’t forget that we are only assigning you because we don’t have anyone else otherwise we would never take someone like you. You’ll be replaced in a year.” I nodded solemnly, as Lee Soo Man once again put me down. This wasn’t a new occurrence. He was actually being nice to me. You should see the way he treats the artists. “okay starting today you are the new manager of Super Junior.” He stated plainly. “Sir, actually I…” I began but his cell phone rang with a loud voice of his niece Sunny’s singing part in Hoot. He picked it up and I could hear Sunny’s voice coming through the receiver

“Uncle, why do we have so many schedules?! I’m tired! I want to rest! Waahaa!” 

“SoonKyu-ah. You are a star now. Grow up!”

“Uncle! Fine, you don’t care about me.”

“shinchaa! Fine cancel whatever you want.”

“omo Uncle! Saranghae!” and she hung up.

“Sir… I was saying..” I tried to start again but he just waved his hand, as if shooing a dog away. Well that was it. I was dismissed.

I made my way out silently. I had what I wanted but now that I think of it, I’m younger than all the members. Will they accept me as a manager? Me, Poorva Parashar? A half Korean half Indian 21 year old girl? Well that was for them to know and for me to find out. But wait? I would have to LIVE with them right? Oh gosh! Their fans will kill me! And what if the throw me out. I just shifted here. I don’t even have a place to live. Lost in thought and slightly panicky, I crashed into Hyoyeon.

“Poorva! So I hear you’re the new manager of Suju. Congrats! Is it true?.”

“neh unnie. But I’m a little worried.”

She swung her arm around me casually and fell into step beside me, “why? Whats up?”

“Unnie… I have to live with them right?”

“Neh. Is that a problem? If you want I could get a room for you in So Nyu Shi Dae’s dorm.”

“Aniyo, Aniyo!” I said quickly. I had got her into trouble once, I didn’t want a repeat. And she had already done so much for me. “I’ll manage,” I said with a courageous smile but mumbled “somehow…”

“Allrighty then!” She said with a winning smile. “I’ll drop you off. It’s on my way.”

We made our way to their dorm while she told me about their latest concert. I told her about the latest movie I’d watched. She asked if I wanted to watch Sunny again at her dorm. The other girls would be out clubbing. Only she and Sooyoung would be there. I was thrilled. Sooyoung unnie was also one of my most favourite people in So Nyu Shi Dae. All too soon we’d reached and I got out of the car. She stuck her head out and said“Be careful okay. If they trouble you, give me a call. I don’t want my favourite dongsaeng to be troubled. Bye!” I waved to her and thanked her as she rode away. Hyoyeon unnie is the best!

A strange sort of mix of excitement and foreboding gripped me again and I turned to find a huge building in front of me. With a deep breath, I made my way to the building. There was a bunch of school girls with posters of Cho Kyuhyun who were circling the building. They threw me strange looks as I entered the building lugging two huge bags. It was a very modern design but there were other things on my mind. I got into the elevator and got off at the 11th floor. With a sigh, I knocked at the door. No answer. I knocked again, louder. A voice shouted,

“What do you want?”

I stuttered, this was not what I had expected “I’m your new manager. Didn’t they inform you…?”

There was silence for a minute but then I heard locks turning and a very annoyed Kyuhyun stood in front of me. “no.” he replied blatantly.

“Well, um I have to live here, you know.”

“oh.”  

I expected him to move but he just stared at me so I finally asked, “Can I come in?”

Without an answer he stepped aside and I entered their house dragging my bags behind me. A voice asked “Who is it?” and Leeteuk entered the room. “New manager.” Kyuhyun stated bluntly and went back to his game. Leeteuk was much nicer. He gave me a warm smile and I bowed to greet him formally.

“Come on,” he said, “I guess they forgot to tell us. Oh well. The old managers left. The company wasn’t paying them enough. I hope that won’t be an issue with you. We ourselves are hardly paid anything. Anyways where will you be staying?”

“Here, I guess. That’s what I’ve been told.”

“Oh!” he frowned “Well theres no room you know. I’ll think of something. I have to tell you though. Try not to get in the way. I don’t think the members will be very kind to having a girl around. Don’t get offended if they treat you a little rudely sometimes. And you can always come to me if it gets too much.”

At that time his phone rang and he picked it up. “Yoboseyo?”An instant smile spread across his face, “Neh Sora- sshi!” He wandered off into a room and I was left alone, again. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked around. I saw Ryeowook giving me a quizzical look

“Who are you? Another fan? Do you want an autograph?”

“Oh no. I’m the new manager.”

“Oh. Where will she stay?” He turned around and asked Kyuhyun. He looked up from his computer for a second and said, “Give her THAT room.”

 “That one?” Ryeowook smirked

“yep. That one.” Kyuhyun smirked too

“Which one…?” I interrupted.

Ryeowook turned to me with a lovely smile and said “Just follow me.” He took my bags and brushed me through the hallway and left them in front of a wooden door, sniggering all the while. He left quickly leaving me to wonder what this was all about. But I was tired. I’d been up for so many nights planning presentations for the next super show. I entered the room in silence and locked it after me. As soon as it clicked I heard someone saying “What are you doing here?” And when I looked around what do I see? Eunhyuk standing in front of me, half . Not a good start. Not a good start at all.