Safe... For Now?

Zombieland SJ

Super Junior and SHINee are getting ready for their comebacks. Donghae just finished their new songs, Hyukjae's tweaking the choreography, and Sungmin and Key are finishing their outfits. Nothing can go wrong. Or that was true until...

"Heechul hyung, there's a phone call for you." (Taemin)

"Phone call? From the office phone? It can't be my family. I mean, I have my own phone." (Heechul)

Wondering what's going on, Heechul goes downstairs to the basement, which is also Ryuah's operating room.

"I'm sorry, but we have to decline. I'm sure that Heechul would even understand that. So please, don't call again." (Ryuah)

"What's going on?" (Heechul)

"Remember that sitcom you and Kibum appeared in?" (Ryuah)

"Yeah, but that was only last year. Was that one of the producers?" (Heechul)

"Yes, and he kept asking me about a certain..." Ryuah paused for a bit and it didn't look promising.

"A certain what?" (Heechul)

"Incident with a university student and his professor." (Ryuah)

"WHAT?!" That was the only thing he didn't wanted to be reminded of. "Why... And how?"

"That producer who just called? He was actually a journalist going undercover during the sitcom filming. And turns out he somehow heard about a case involving a female professor assaulting her male student." (Ryuah)

"What..." (Heechul)

"I sent Jinho out to make further investigations so we can sue that journalist for invasion of privacy and stalking." (Ryuah)

"Wait! Stalking?" He quickly got 'invasion of privacy' since he knew the nature of gossip journalists, but he didn't expect stalking.

 

The next day, Han Geng, Siwon and Ryeowook are out of a TV appearance.

"So, the next topic is 'What do you hope for the future?'. Hankyung-sshi, what do you hope for the future? Both for yourself and Super Junior?" (MC)

"Well, for myself, I want nothing but to see our fans smile. As for Super Junior, I want us to stay together for as long as we can." (Han Geng)

"As expected." The MC and the others guests laughed and brought up the mood of the studio. But there's something that's bothering Han Geng since they got here.

"Is something wrong?" Siwon whispers into his ear.

"See that guy in the back? With the camera? He's the one Ryuah and Jinho told us to watch out for." (Han Geng)

"Are you serious?!" Ryeowook tries to exclaim as quietly as he could.

As soon as the filming was finished, the three zombie immediately took action and confronted the journalist.

"Excuse me. Do you have a minute?" (Siwon)

"Of course." (Journalist)

"You're not part of this staff, aren't you?" As soon as Siwon said that, everyone in the studio gasped.

"W-what are you talking about? Of course..." He tried to make excuses but... "DON'T LIE! We already know you've been cornering Heechul and we're not letting you get to him or any of us!" Han Geng screamed so hard his lung would come out. Of course, he tries not to because of their situation. And the add to the fuel, Ryeowook comes in with... "We've already gathered enough evidence to sue you and take you to court. So be prepared."

 

In just a few days, news of a journalist sneaking into celebrity filmings and stalking said celebrities became quite... No... a REALLY big deal. Of course, with all the evidence Jinho was able to obtain and Joomin, who surprisingly also works as a laywer, was able to take him and his entire journalist agency down in an instant.

"I didn't know you also had a law degree." (Youngwoon)

"I don't use it very often. But when I am needed, I go out full force!" (Joomin)

"An idol turned police officer and lawyer... That's impressive." Once Kyuhyun said that, everyone agrees.

"So that takes care of that issue. Now for bigger problems." Ryuah comes in with some files that she was able to obtain from the now bankrupt journalist agency. And the photos are not pleasant to look at. "These guys have been stalking us since Day 1."

"And this one..." Heechul picks up a file that reads [22/05/27]. "This is..."

"The day of Finale's debut. They've been stalking them too. But one guy in particular." (Ryuah)

"Wait..." (Jungsoo)

"You're not saying..." (Jongwoon)

"Seonju. Out of all these years of me looking up articles, both good and bad, regarding idols, this has got to be the worst. Not because they were targeting him, but rather that they managed to make some connections between us." (Ryuah)

"Although, to them, these may have been just theories." (Donghee)

"Bingo. And that's how we got around this. But we can't cover this up forever. You know, from him?" (Ryuah)

And they immediately knew what she was talking about.

 

The buzz of the journalist agency has gone quiet now and things have gotten back to normal. It's the end of March and Super Junior and SHINee have finished their combacks. So Heechul decides to take a walk in the city for the first time in a while. He is also out to buy a birthday present for Han Geng since both of them were so busy in February.

"Let's see... What would Hannie like?" (Heechul)

Last year, he gave Han Geng an amethyst pendant that's really hard to find these days. And now, he has to find something to top that, which is not an easy feat. 

"Let's see... Bookmark? No... Twin rings? That just makes us look like a married couple!" Heechul unconsciously says that out loud and... "A married couple with who?"

"Huh?!" He quickly turns around to see Seonju behind him. "Oh... It's you."

"I saw you while I was passing by and you seemed stressed out about something." (Seonju)

"Oh... I was trying to figure out what to give Hankyung. We were so busy last month that we couldn't celebrate his and Kyuhyun's birthdays properly." (Heechul)

"I see. Do you want me to help?" (Seonju)

"Sure but... don't you think our fans won't like it?" (Heechul)

"So what? Despite our "motto" of "Take Down Super Junior", our CEO doesn't mind us being friends." (Seonju)

"Oh..." Heechul was quite surprised to hear that, seeing that it was Finale's CEO who told them to give their all might to take Super Junior down. But suddenly, he remembers something very serious about their relationship. "(Wait a sec... Did this just turn into a father-son outing?!)"