Chapter 31 Do My Best

Loud

Meanwhile...

 

*Ever since Kyeongjun and Jade started dating, he stopped drinking and smoking and he became more nice. It surprised his roommates that’s for sure.

 

Daniel: Dude, what are you doing?

 

Kyeongjun: What do you think I’m doing? I’m throwing them all out. Jade-

 

Yedam: Wow that’s a change. The Woo Kyeongjun hyung I knew has become a totally different person. 

 

*Yedam says as he puts his arm around Kyeongjun’s shoulder.

 

Daniel: I know right? The things you do for love.

 

*Daniel and Yedam dramatically cries. Kyeongjun rolls his eyes and slings the oversized bag on his shoulder. He heads to the garbage shed and throws the remaining of his beer and cigarette packs away. After that he heads to his room and calls Jade.

 

Jade: Oppa~

 

Kyeongjun: Are you free on Saturday?

 

Jade: Yes, why?

 

Kyeongjun: I’ll pick you up on Saturday at 10 am.

 

Jade: Okay oppa sounds good. Can’t wait.

 

Kyeongjun: Me too. See you then.

 

*Kyeongjun hangs up and smiles admiring his phone lock screen of him and Jade. 

 

Kyeongjun’s mind: They are right. 

I can’t believe I’ve become like this.

I mean I thought love would be a ing waste of time but now-

You changed me, Jade.

You’re the only one that makes me this way.

 

Saturday morning…

 

*Kyeongjun arrives at Jade’s house for their dates early as usual. Sungjun and Kyeongjun sit on the couch while waiting for Jade to come down. Kyeongjun clears his throat and fidgets with his fingers while Sungjun continues to stare at him making him uncomfortable.

 

Kyeongjun’s mind: Does this boy ever stop getting on my nerves?

 

*Just then Jade arrives in front of him. 

 

Jade: Oppa~

 

*Kyeongjun gets up from the couch and asks-

 

Kyeongjun: Are you ready to go?

 

Jade: *nods shyly* Let’s go

 

*Jade takes Kyeongjun’s hand as they are about to leave the house when Sungjun blocks the way to stop them. Kyeongjun gulps afraid of what Sungjun will say.

 

Kyeongjun’s mind: What now?

 

*But to his surprise Sungjun does the unexpected. He sticks out to his hand to Kyeongjun and says-

 

Sungjun: Take good care of my sister, brother-in-law. She lost a special someone in her life and it broke her heart so please whatever you can, make sure to be with her no matter what. 

 

Kyeongjun: *nods* Will do.

 

*Sungjun and Kyeongjun shakes hands and waves goodbye before they leave the house. Kyeongjun gets bothered by what Sungjun said and he tried to process it in his mind. 

 

Kyeongjun’s mind: Did he just call me brother-in-law? 

Does this mean what I think it means-

Is she the one for me?

 

Later…

 

*Jade and Kyeongjun have a good time at the amusement park enjoying each other’s company but Kyeongjun noticed Jade zoning out the entire time and it bothered him. He needed answers NOW.

 

Kyeongjun: Jade! 

Earth to Jade!

 

*Kyeongjun waves his hands at her face. Jade quickly snaps out of her thoughts and makes eye contact with the worried Kyeongjun.

 

Jade: *scratches the back of her neck awkwardly* Sorry oppa. 

I’m sorry for ruining our date.

 

Kyeongjun: Did something happen that I should know about?

 

Jade: *shakes her head* No nothing.

It’s just that-

Sungjun has never said anything like that before and hearing him say those things to you is just different that’s all. I-

 

*Suddenly Kyeongjun leans in and kisses her. As he kissed her he could feel the emotions of emptiness and brokenness inside of him melt away for she became the answer of his life. 

 

Kyeongjun’s mind: I know I’m scared.

I’m scared I’ll lose you too like I lost my sister but-

But I’ll promise you that I’ll do my best to protect you.

I love you, Jade.