019

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

“Exactly, she’s been taking on way too many projects lately, I barely see you, daughter.” Mrs. Oh spoke over dinner, Shownu grinned at Chaeyeon.

“Eomma, you left the house three weeks ago, remember? Because you wanted renovations done.” Chaeyeon sighed, her father chuckled at her words. The elders have been living at Yeonhuidong residence since renovations began, and Sehun had moved to his condo in Apgujeong.

“Ah, right.” She blinked at Chaeyeon, the girl went back to her meal.

“I thought you had to move to Busan, Hyunwoo-ah.” Mr. Oh began, Shownu nodded back at the male.

“Yes, I had to, for work. But I still need to drive back here for work, the Seoul office can be a bit demanding, uncle.”

“Main branches are the worst, but at least you still have room to breathe there. It’s a good move you didn’t opt to join your relatives in Samsung.”

“Wonho has been complaining a lot lately, uncle. And, my father has been…making himself heard about it.” Shownu shrugged, Chaeyeon looked at her parents.

“Right, I heard about ShinHan pitching in for the airport project,” Mrs. Oh spoke, Chaeyeon blinked and slowly chewed on her food.

“Yes, I also heard about it. But, I think that’s assigned to Minhyuk, aunt.”


“What airport?” Chaeyeon asked.

“A new one is being built, construction starts in three years.” Shownu told her, she blinked at him.

“Ah.”

“Hyunwoo, what do you think~”

“They arranged dinner with me but in reality they probably just want to see you. Not me.” Chaeyeon murmured under her breath, Shownu let out a small chuckle and cut the vegetables for her.

“Daughter, there really is nothing we can ask you. You always tell us where you are. And we know that you have plans to fly to Hawaii too.”

“Oh, right.” Chaeyeon grew sheepish, Shownu grinned and patted her lap.

“And, we do hope that you’d take Hyunwoo with you too. You youngsters need a break.” Mrs. Oh continued.

“And, it’s also not a bad time to start a~”

“Appa, don’t!” Chaeyeon glared at her father, Shownu grew confused at her reaction.

“I want to say it.”

“Don’t.”

“But I want to.”

“Appa!”

“A family. You see, I know you’re brother won’t be able to give us grandkids anytime soon. So, we’re all depending on you, daughter.”

Shownu laughed with Mrs. Oh, clearly unaffected by the elder’s words. Chaeyeon slapped his arm in annoyance.

“Your father’s stating facts, Yeon.”

“Son Hyunwoo is literally right there,” She jutted her lips at Shownu, still peeved.

“Well, at least he knows where we stand. Hyunwoo, you won’t get in trouble with us, don’t worry.”

“Eomma!”

 

 

 

“Just what happened? Sophia wouldn’t stop calling me.” Minhyuk spoke as he plopped down across Heesoo, Chaeyeon glanced at her.

“I needed to be…away from the city.”

“And, you also found the need not to take our calls. Nice. Cool.” Minhyuk pointed out, Chaeyeon glanced over her shoulder, Shownu and Wonho were peering over an Audi sedan a client had left earlier.

“Minhyuk-ah, how about you get us coffee?” She said, Minhyuk was about to protest but she sent him a look. He rolled his eyes and made his way towards the doors.

“What happened?” Chaeyeon transferred seats and sat next to her.

“My father seems serious with…that.”

“That?” Chaeyeon repeated, Heesoo sighed again.

“The ChoiSan son and everything,”

“Huh, I thought that never bothered you.” She murmured back, Heesoo pursed her lips.

“It doesn’t. But, that’s all he talks about. It makes me feel like I’m at fault here because I’m not a man. And that he really needs me to be married so that someone can take care of the company.”

“Have you spoken to the ChoiSan dude?”

“I have.”

“What happened?” She questioned, the two girls didn’t notice how a female had walked in the shop.

“I thought he was going to take my side, you know. And that we could come up with something to help us get out of this barbaric arrangement, but,”

“But…he’s all for it?”

“He is.” Heesoo sighed and leaned back on the couch.

“It’s so hard to get a hold of the both of you,”

The two girls turned and Heesoo’s brows went up.

“What is she wearing? Why does her shoes have camel toes?” She murmured to Chaeyeon, her eyes went to her and Heesoo noticed how the expression on her friend’s face changed.

“Aerin-ah.” Shownu spoke, Wonho set the tool kit down with a loud thud.

“I don’t know how else to reach you two, look guys, I just want to talk.” She offered, not noticing the two females on the couch.

“Well, the door is open. You can leave.” Wonho replied, his tone cold and even. Chaeyeon looked at Shownu, he had stepped back and was fiddling with his phone.

“Oppa, I know you both are busy. But I’m only here to~”

“What’s this?” Chaeyeon cleared and stood up, Heesoo paused, surprised.

“Why does it seem so painfully awkward?” Chaeyeon said as she sauntered over to the three, she noticed how the Aerin’s eyes widened as she saw her.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu spoke as the girl stood next to him, Aerin noticed how his arm snake around the girl’s waist.

“Is something wrong? Is your car broken? Or…are you?” Chaeyeon said with a smile, and it made Heesoo halt.

“Uhm. Hello. No, I’m just here to talk to them.” Aerin replied, boldly meeting the girl’s gaze.

Minhyuk returned with their coffee, and Heesoo waved him over. The two huddled at the couch, as if hiding from a crossfire.

“What’s going on?”

“Isn’t that the ex who introduced herself as the ex?” Heesoo whispered, Minhyuk took a peek and nodded.

“She just barged in here, and Wonho still hates her. She makes Shownu uncomfortable. And your best friend is being terrifying.”

Minhyuk blinked and looked at Chaeyeon again.

“Talk?” Chaeyeon repeated, keeping her tone flat and polite.

“Yes, we’re all old friends and~”

“But, I’m hungry.” She turned her gaze away and looked at Shownu expectantly. He nodded back at her.

“Oppa, I want Burger King.” Chaeyeon said with a smile, Wonho looked up from the counter.

“Can we go now?” She asked them while looking at Aerin. Aerin’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“Oh no.” Minhyuk murmured as Heesoo took quick sips of her drink.

“Oh no too.”

“Move your car. You’re blocking the driveway, camel toes.” Chaeyeon hummed as she unlocked the Maserati, Shownu took the key from her.

“You should go, Aerin-ah.” Shownu calmly said as he opened the door for Chaeyeon.

“Oppa, we were once friends. You can’t do this to me.”
“Minhyuk. Heesoo.” Wonho quipped, and the two rushed to the Range Rover with no questions. The SUV backed away from the building and left.

Shownu exhaled and faced her, he kept the Maserati’s door open as he spoke to Aerin again.

“We’re over, Aerin. We broke up years ago. We really have nothing to talk about. I don’t even understand why you keep on trying to reach out to me. And to Wonho.”

Chaeyeon leaned back on the seat, she leaned over and stabbed her finger on the start button and the engine purred into life.

“Oppa, I…Our families still do business together. Surely,”

“Schedule an appointment at the office.” Shownu replied, he shut the door close, walked around the vehicle and got on the driver’s seat.

Aerin watched as the Maserati sped out of the property. She let out a shaky breath and stalked back to her car.

 

 

 

“Sir, are you sure?”

Minho looked at his secretary and he shrugged at the male, he pulled away from his computer and stood up.

“I don’t see any other way to fix this. I need her.” He replied, the other male slowly nodded back.

“I did check on her like you asked, sir. She is quite a handful, she’s an international lawyer. She might not look like it, but she’s worked for large firms. And, the reason why she’s on Seoul right now is because she got into an altercation.”

“What kind of altercation?” Minho crossed his arms and leaned against his desk.

“A man was harassing her and her friends at a club, the young miss Jung hit him.” He continued, Minho let out a chuckle, clearly amused.

“Sir, she hit him with a bottle. It was probably one of those overprices champagne bottles. It…caused quite a stir because that man is a powerful judge.”

Minho laughed and shook his head.

“Are you worried about that? She probably won’t do that to me.”

“Not that, sir. I was talking about the company she keeps. I think you should…be wary of them.”

“What kind of company? The illegal type?” Minho was amused, Jung Heesoo was such a mystery to him. He had no idea how to pursue her because the girl seem so withdrawn and cold. But, he is interested.

Also, he needed her. And her family’s wealth.

“Her friends, they…pack quite a punch, sir. I just want you to be aware before…you start things with the young lawyer.”

Minho faced the male, his brows went up.

“First off, she’s cousins with Sophia Wu of Wu Empire, she’s usually stationed here, but she’s been flying back and forth to Taiwan lately.”

“I’ve heard of that family. Anything else?”

“When miss Jung landed here, she first met up with her cousin’s friends, Lee Minhyuk and Oh Chaeyeon.” He recited, Minho pressed his lips together. He knew of the Ohs and was made aware of the family’s close relation to the ShinHan Banking Lees.

“I think it’s normal for her to befriend these people, what are you so worried for?” Minho shook his head and picked up his coat, his secretary exhaled and placed a couple of photos on his desk.

“She’s friends with these men too, sir. And she’s often seen with him.” The male pointed towards one particular photo of Heesoo and a well-built male.

“Who are they?” He murmured as he picked out another photo of Heesoo, it was taken at the auto shop, she was smiling while leaning against a Range Rover as she chatted with two men who were standing by the counter.

“Auto shop…staff?”

“Sir, no. That’s Lee Wonho and Son Hyunwoo. They’re both Samsung sons.”

Minho paused again, his brows went up, way up.

“And she’s close with the other one?” He questioned as his eyes zeroed in on Wonho.

“Yes, sir. They seem…like really good friends. You should be careful, sir. Miss Jung being close to them must mean~”

“Then, I have to steal her away from them then. Or him.” Minho mused before leaving the office.

 

 

 

Minhyuk was slowly chewing on his an onion ring while watching his friend, Chaeyeon was taking small sips of her cola, her food remains untouched.

Heesoo pressed her lips together, sensing the tension on their table. Wonho had been quiet ever since the auto shop, and Chaeyeon was not speaking. The girl didn’t even react when Shownu asked what she wanted to eat.

“Are you not hungry? You said you wanted to eat here.” Minhyuk cleared his throat, Chaeyeon looked at him, still feeling Shownu’s gaze on her.

“I’ll go..ask for a bag.” She murmured as she left her seat and made her way towards the counter, Minhyuk turned to his cousin.

“Hyung,” He sighed, Wonho stopped eating, his forehead creased.

“I told you to take care of it.” He spoke to the older male, Shownu leaned back on his seat and exhaled.

“I already told her that we have nothing to talk about. What do you want me to do?” Shownu replied, Heesoo puffed her cheeks and slowly pushed her chocolate sundae to him.

“You..should eat more.” She murmured, not liking how the two men were staring down at each other.

Chaeyeon returned with a Burger King paperbag and she chucked her fries and burger in.

“I’ll go first. I need you at the studio tomorrow, Lee Minhyuk.” She mumbled, Shownu paused and he slowly tapped her elbow, the girl paused, her eyebrows grew knitted together.

“Let’s go together.” Shownu was about to stand, but Chaeyeon shook her head, refusing to meet his gaze.

Minhyuk leaned back on his seat, observing his friend.

“Finish your meal. I’ll go ahead.”

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu spoke in his usual calm, Minhyuk grimaced and looked away.

“I have to go drop by at my brother’s.” She reasoned before pulling her bag from her seat, Shownu dropped his arm.

“Then, at least take the car.” He reached for his coat pocket, then again, Chaeyeon shook her head. Heesoo winced and nudged Minhyuk.

“I can take a cab. Drop it.” She stated, and then without waiting for a reply, she left their table and walked towards the doors.

Heesoo let out a breath and put her palms on the table.

“You two are not leaving this table until you tell us what really happened.”

Wonho turned to her, his eyes wide. Minhyuk nodded along and picked up another onion ring, he noticed how Shownu still had his eyes on the doors. Chaeyeon was outside, waiting for a cab.

“Hyung, let her go. She just needs some alone time, you know her.” He reasoned, Shownu’s forehead creased for a few seconds and then Chaeyeon finally got on a cab.

“So, big guys, who the hell is that girl? And why does she have camel toes on her feet?”

Minhyuk grimaced and nudged her in annoyance.

“Because, she’s managed to get into Chaeyeon’s nerves, and that’s something. Why,” Heesoo leaned on the table.

“Why does she make the two of you so uncomfortable? Does she smell bad?”

“Jung Heesoo!” Minhyuk hissed at her, Wonho couldn’t help but smile and he playfully mussed her hair, unintentionally leaning toward her as he did it. Heesoo paused for a brief moment and she smiled back at him.

“That’s it, lighten up, beefcake.” She said before facing Shownu again.

“So, spill it, Samsung boys.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++