011

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

“Then, you can decide on it next week, director. It’s not an urgent matter, we just wanted to run it through you first.” The operations manager explained as Shownu read the files. He was at one of their branches, checking on their progress.

“I’ll be expecting the~” His phone started to vibrate in his pocket, his forehead creased as he took it out. But then he saw Chaeyeon’s name flashing on the screen, his lips curled up and eh excused himself.

“Okay, I can explain.” She spoke without saying hello, he grew amused as he stepped away from the group.

“I was at our favorite coffee shop, you know the one that’s a bit far from work? I was trying to get some work done, you said you were going to call. So, I sat there with my laptop, waiting for you to call.”

“But, I did.” Shownu said, his tone teasing. Chaeyeon sighed from the end.

“I know, I didn’t…I wasn’t aware that I left it in the car. And, I swear I didn’t do it on purpose, it’s not even on Airplane mode!”

“Huh, so you do put it on Airplane mode.”

“That was before your helicopter episode. Actually, before you, or whatever.” She mumbled back, Shownu chuckled and buried one hand in his pocket.

“So, what’s up? Am I disturbing?” She asked him, Shownu could hear that the girl was driving.

“No. But, I need your help, Wonho’s headache.“ Shownu replied.

“Okay, shoot.”

“I don’t have clothes.”

“What?”

“Clothes.”

“Shownu, what are you talking about? I helped you pack.”

“No, I meant, formal wear. I didn’t know I’d have to attend events here too. And, I don’t know…Please send help.” Shownu mumbled, Chaeyeon laughed at her end.

“I’ll send some clothes over, do you~”

“I need you to arrange them for me too, like…that thing you do. You put them in sets.” He stated while pursing his lips.

“It’s literally just putting clothes together. Pants, shirt, tie, and jacket. Oh, and shoes.”

“I’ll send a car for you.” He replied, Chaeyeon chuckled at his reply, understanding where he was getting at.

“I get it, you want me to be there for the weekend.”

“That too.” Shownu said, a small smile formed on his lips, he checked the time on his watch.

“What time should I send driver Cha~”

“Don’t. I’ll be there Friday afternoon, you just offered me an escape. As always, reliable Son Hyunwoo.” She hummed back.

“It’s quite a long drive. And bring a bigger car.” He said softly, Chaeyeon simply hummed back.

“Are you heading home now?”

“Yes, the workers are getting closer to my side of the house. I might take you up on your offer.” She said to him.

“Okay, that works for me too.” Shownu mused at her, Chaeyeon snorted.

“I’ll call you once I get home. Take care, Son Hyunwoo.” She stated before ending the call, Shownu smiled and looked at his phone’s screen. Chaeyeon was coming over for the weekend and that gave him a sense of relief.

His phone pinged, he opened his text messages, thinking it was her. But it wasn’t.

Aerin had sent him another text. Again.

He exhaled and put his phone back in his coat pocket and joined the employees again.

 

 

 

Wonho looked up as Chaeyeon’s car rolled into the shop, he grinned as it slowed to a halt. And then he paused when Heesoo hopped down from the vehicle.

“I know, I’m not your headache.” She said to him as she fixed tugged on her crop top and fixed her baggy jeans.

“But she asked me to drive this here because she was going to be out of town for the weekend, and with renovations at the Oh house, the car wouldn’t fit in the garage. She said you’d say yes. Yes, right?” She said as she walked towards him, Wonho nodded back.

“Of course, how are things?” Wonho said, Heesoo puffed her cheeks and threw herself on the couch.

“Define things, beefcake.” She said while smiling at him, Wonho blinked at her, disarmed.

“You said…You’re having troubles with your father. Is that okay now?”

“Hmmm, no. I don’t think it will ever be. He’s trying to get me to meet this guy again.”

“Really? Do you know him?” Wonho asked as he leaned over the BMW’s hood, he heard Heesoo move and she was rummaging through the fridge.

“I looked him up. Facebook.” She replied, Wonho stood up and turned to her, he leaned against the car and noticed that she was smiling again.

“What’s funny now, Jung Heesoo?”

“Chaeyeon’s cousins refer to you as on legs.” She chuckled, Wonho grimaced and looked away.

“Of course, they shouldn’t talk about you like that. ualizing human beings, or any other being is not~”

“I get it. I get you.” Wonho said to her, wanting to switch topics.

“Why are you always here? Chaeyeon did say you have your other job.”

“I have to be at the office later, and,” Wonho’s brows rose and he looked at her.

“What?”

“Are you free?”

“Well, seeing that I’m here, hanging out with you, I’m probably not.” She wanly said, Wonho chuckled, and he ped his work suit down to his chest, revealing his white tank top underneath.

“I have this club opening tonight, Minhyuk’s coming. How about you join us?” He said as he walked up to his office, Heesoo hopped after him.

“Right, the other side of the Samsung scene, you sure you want to invite a lawyer to something like that?” She said as she strolled into his office and plopped down on the couch.

“Do you need me to come pick you up?” Wonho offered before going inside the restroom to change.

“Can we take my car?” She hollered at him, Wonho reappeared after a few minutes, he was in the process of tucking his white dress shirt in his black slacks.

“I’m not Chaeyeon, don’t ask me to fix your tie for you.” She warned him, Wonho chuckled and picked up his coat.

“Yes, let’s take your truck. Come on, let’s get lunch.” Wonho said as he picked up her purse.

“Why does it feel that I’m being baby sat.” She murmured as they went down the steps, and then the girl halted just a car rolled outside the shop.

Wonho turned to her, realizing that she had stopped walking.

“Young miss,” The male spoke as he went down from the car, Heesoo grimaced and Wonho felt the girl’s hand on his shoulder.

“Ahjussi, I already said no. Why would I want to meet him? He kills elephants for sport!” She said to him, Wonho grew confused.

“I browsed through his Facebook page, keep up.” She whispered at him.

“Young miss, your father said that this would be his last warning to you,” The male argued as three more men in black suits appeared, Wonho looked on, amused.

“Sure, like he has other options? I am his only offspring.” Heesoo pointed, the men looked at each other, and then their eyes landed on Wonho.

“Excuse me, sir. We need to talk to the young lady~”

“Right, this…this is the head of security, try going through him first. Then let’s talk.” Heesoo announced, Wonho’s eyes went to her.

“Jung Heesoo, you~” Wonho halted when the girl pushed him forward, he looked at the men and they stepped back.

“Young miss, please. Come with us, mister Nam will~”

Wonho let out a sigh, and the males grew quiet.

“Clearly, she doesn’t want to talk. Please, move aside, we have to get lunch.” Wonho spoke, as he moved forward, and they made way for him.

Heesoo beamed and stuck her tongue out at her father’s secretary.

“Stop picking fights, young miss.” Wonho hissed at her as he opened his Rover’s passenger door. Heesoo padded towards him and got inside the car.

Wonho took a quick glance at the males before getting inside the car as well, the males could only watch as the Jung heiress was being driven away by an unknown man.

“But still, sir,” One of the bodyguards spoke as they headed back for the car.

“It’s good that we didn’t even try getting on her nerves, that man might take her side and decide to break us in half.”

 

 

 

Aerin exhaled as she walked back into her office, her secretary followed behind her.

“How was Busan, ma’am?”

Aerin shook her head, she sat down on her seat and crossed her legs.

“He won’t meet me. He’s always in his office, or at a meeting.”

“He must be a very busy man.” The other lady said as she arranged the papers on the desk, Aerin shook her head again.

“He’s avoiding me. Because he knows,”

“He knows, what?”

“He knows that he’s not over me. He will never be. I…We..We have always been endgame. That’s how it has always been for the both of us.” Aerin stated, as she looked at her palms.

“But, ma’am, you said that he already has a girlfriend. You mentioned you met her a couple of times now.”

“Ah, that girl?” Aerin chuckled as she faced her computer, her secretary proceeded to serve her some tea.

“Getting rid of her will be easy, someone like her may stick to him like a gum. But his family won’t let that happen.”

“But I heard from rumors that this young lady seems to be from a good family.”

“No. Her brother’s a celebrity, that’s how she managed to snag an invite to that Dior event. She probably took all the free clothes she could at that party too,” Aerin shot back as she picked up her tea.

“I can get him back. I did it before, how hard it can be?”

“Still, ma’am, the Samsung family has always been welcoming to us when it comes to business, but don’t you think this is a little too risky?”

“Come on, they won’t choose that girl over me. They know me, I’m Aerin. And she’s nothing.” Aerin smirked as she turned to her computer again.

“I will remove her from my path.”

 

 

 

“Everyone is curious about the new boss.”

Shownu’s secretary grinned at the older male as they got inside the building.

“Why? Is it because he’s not the type to talk a lot?” He mused back; the latter shook his head.

“Our female staff, they all want to know about him. And, personally, I get them too. He must work out a lot. He’s extremely good-looking too, he doesn’t seem real.”

“Well, the director..he’s always been himself. Quite the opposite of his cousin, really.”

“Right, I met the director Lee. But, the most common question is that, if your boss is single. That’s what they want to know.”

“He’s not.” Shownu’s secretary replied, the male paused.

“Then, that other day, a young lady arrived and requested to see him, that must be her.”

“A young lady?”

“Yes, she was dressed really nicely. She spoke to the receptionist and asked me to be sent up to his office, but she wasn’t because he was out and it is assumed that he doesn’t take unannounced guests.”

“I…didn’t hear about this, the last time I checked, president Oh~” He halted when a silver Range Rover pulled over at the curb, his workmate followed his gaze and watched as a young lady slid down from the car.

“Oh.” Secretary Eom said as he recognized her, Chaeyeon had a small smile on her face as she looked around, the young executive was wearing a dark leather jacket over the silk dress she had on.

“Who’s that? Another one of our main office hotshots? She’s gorgeous.”

“No, that’s her, sunbae.” Secretary Eom spoke, the male blinked at him.

“What?”

“Director Son’s girlfriend. President Oh Chaeyeon.” He informed him, and then the girl’s eyes landed on him.

“Secretary Eom.” She approached them, the male gave her a polite bow.

“Is your boss in?”

“Yes, ma’am. Should I walk you up~”

“No need, I know you’re on your lunch break. Top floor, right?”

“Yes, president. It’s good to see you. Welcome to Busan.” He spoke, he could feel his coworker’s gaze on the Oh daughter.

“It was a long drive; I’ll see you later.” Chaeyeon gave him a wave before walking into the building.

“Wow.” His coworker spoke, secretary Eom grinned at him.

Chaeyeon got inside one of the elevators and ran her fingers through her hair, she waited for the doors to open. Her phone buzzed and she took it out.

I got the clothes from your office, thank you.

I’m filming for a show today, I’ll be wearing them, Chaeyeon-ssi. -Song Kang

She smiled before sending him a bunch of smiley emojis, the girl got out of the elevator and made her way down the hall, unaware of the stares she earned. She reached a set of double doors and slowly pushed them open.

“And after this, director, we need to check on the firm that would be taking over for~”

The doors let out a soft creak, the two males speaking with Shownu paused and turned. Chaeyeon winced and looked up, Shownu’s brows rose as he saw her.

“I’m sorry, I~”

“Chaeyeon-ah,” He smiled as he stood up, the two KB Financial managers turned to their boss.

“You can come back later; I’ll call for a meeting next week.” Shownu dismissed them, the males excused themselves and left the office. Chaeyeon put her bag down and looked around the office.

“So, I love the new office.” She said, Shownu shook his head at her.

“Have you eaten?” He asked her, the girl shook her head and walked towards him.

“No, I actually came earlier to hide from work.” Chaeyeon frowned before standing on her toes and wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Hide?”

“I have deadlines…and emails and sketches to check. And a new collection to discuss with my staff. My head is about to burst. I have that Song Kang campaign I need to manage too.” She mumbled as she buried her face against the front of his shirt.

“I want to resign.”

“No, you don’t.” Shownu said with a small smile as he wrapped his arms around her, Chaeyeon sighed and closed her eyes.

“So, thanks for subtly asking me to be here. The whole you need clothes alibi wasn’t really necessary.” She muttered, sounding a little whiney, unlike her usual self.

“Hi.” Shownu said before kissing the top of her head, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks and she pulled back to meet his gaze. But, he didn’t let go, his arms still firmly around her waist.

“What, now? I did bring some suits over, most of them you won’t~”

Shownu leaned forward to press his lips against hers, Chaeyeon let out a small sigh before kissing him back.

“I said hi.” He murmured before finally letting go.

“I know. But work was being hell. Can I hide here for the weekend? I promise I won’t be a bother.” She said to him as she straightened his tie.

“I wanted you in Busan, of course, you can stay. You can even resign and just live me with here.” Shownu said with a huge grin.

“Sure, and now I’m just going to mooch off on the impressive boyfriend.”

“Sounds promising, I don’t mind.” He mused at her as they stepped out of his office, Chaeyeon chuckled and hooked arms with the male. She glanced at him before talking again.

“Something’s bothering you.” She said as they got inside the elevator, Shownu looked at her.

“I know you, Son Hyunwoo. Are things that bad here?” Chaeyeon grew concerned, she felt Shownu lace his fingers with hers.

“Yes, let’s talk about it over lunch. I’m just relieved you’re finally here.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++