Chapter 5

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The filming ended few minutes ago after Donghae kissed you.  You were now sitting on a folding chair again watching the sunset.

“Yah!”

You turned around and looked at Donghae with his wet hair. “You need something?” you asked.

“Ani. I just want to be with someone,” he explained as he settled himself in a folding chair beside her.

“Where is Eunhyuk-oppa?”

“Eunhyuk-ah? He went home after the filming.”

“Jinjja? He didn’t even say goodbye to me,” you pouted.

“Since when you two became close?” Donghae suddenly asked.

“Since your birthday,” you answered while dialing Eunhyuk’s number on your phone.

Donghae noticed you were planning to call him said, “You can’t call him right now. He won’t be able to pick it up. He was scheduled for tonight’s SUKIRA with Leeteuk-hyung.”

“Okay, I’ll just text him,” you said as you started to compose message to Eunhyuk.

 

To: Hyukkie-oppa

Annyeong oppa! Why you didn’t say goodbye before you leave? :(

Good luck for your sched tonight. Call me once you got free time, okay?

 

You clicked the ‘send’ button and looked at Donghae. You caught him secretly looking on your phone.

 

“Waeyo?” you asked.

“Mwo?” he asked you, too.

“Why are you looking at my phone?”

“I didn’t,” he denied.

“I caught you,” you insisted.

“When I say ‘I didn’t’, I didn’t. Arasseo?” his voice was serious.

“Arasseo,” you answered. The sun had already set. You stood up and got your bag.

 

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“At the hotel,” you answered without looking at him.

“Without dinner?”

“I’m full,” you started to walk away.

He got up and followed you. “Didn’t I say ‘I’ll make it up to you’?”

What are you talking about? you wanted to answer him but you suddenly realized what exactly was he talking about. “You don’t have to.”

“I want to,” he kept on following you.

“As you said, it was for the drama. It doesn’t really matter.”

“Okay, if that’s what you think,” he grabbed your hand that made you stop walking.

“Waeyo?” you asked furiously.

“Didn’t I say a while ago, I needed to be with someone?”

“Then ask Jessica-ssi to come here.”

“I don’t want to. She’s my problem.”

“Mwo?” You were shocked. “How….?”

“If you want to know, come with me.”

 

Donghae led you to a grocery store. He bought five bottles of soju and some snacks. He didn’t ask you what you want so you just follow him all the way. Soon as he got the receipt, he led you to a less crowded place in the beach. He sat down beside a tree and motioned you to do the same.

 

“Of all the places, why here?” you asked and sat down.

“I don’t want any paparazzi to notice us.”

“Ahh,” was all you could say.

“Here, drink,” he handed you one bottle of soju.

“Um, I don’t drink,” you refused.

His eyebrows furrowed.

“Arasseo,” you half-heartedly took the bottle and opened it.

 

[AN: In Korea, it is considered impolite if you refuse to drink when someone older commands you.]

 

Argh! “Uhm, Donghae-ssi, we can’t drink too much tonight. We have to do filming tomorrow,” you reminded him and wished you hadn’t.

His brows furrowed again and asked you, “Why are you so naughty? I told you to call me oppa.”

“It’s just. . .” you thought for an excuse but failed.

“Ahh. Let’s make an agreement. If you fail to call me oppa again, you’ll have to treat me.”

“Waeyo? Why should I treat you? You’re richer than me.”

“That’s why you should call me oppa. Otherwise, you’ll treat me,” he said as he planted a satisfied smile in his face.

 

“Why are we here again?” you asked, changing the subject.

“What do you think?” he asked back. He started to drink the soju without any shot glass.

“Um. . . You’re broken-hearted?”

“Exactly.”

“Because of Jessica-ssi?”

“Who else?” he grunted. “And why are you just holding that bottle?”

You immediately held up the bottle of soju to your mouth. You drank a little bit. “So, what happened?”

“We broke up,” he revealed.

You were shocked but kept your face normal. “Since when?”

“Day after my birthday,” you can hear the sadness in his tone. His eyes were like going to cry.

“That’s impossible.”

“Impossible?! It already happened!” he said angrily as he threw a stone.

“You two seemed fine. I mean, it looks like there’s nothing wrong with you two. She looked happy when you celebrated your birthday.”

He didn’t say a word. He kept on drinking soju.

 

It was his third bottle when you finally spoke, “Why are you like that?” You crea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter