Epiloque

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You look pretty on that white gown,” Eunji, wrapped with Eunhyuk’s arm, complimented.

“Really?” you asked and turned around. “I thought it wouldn’t suit me.”

Eunhyuk snorted. “Stop playing humble. When we saw that gown, you immediately put it on and was about to go home without paying.”

Eunji laughed and put her arms around Eunhyuk’s waist. He bent down to touch her nose with his own. You rolled your eyes. “Stop. It’s gross.”

“You shut up,” Eunhyuk said. “You and Donghae are more disgusting. I caught you making out on his bed.”

“As if I’ve never caught you two doing that before,” you counterattacked. “And you, monkey, your hands even wandering all over the place. Byuntae.”

“You—” but he couldn’t think of a way to retort. You stuck out your tongue at him. Eunji, on the other hand, had her head down, blushing in bright crimson in embarrassment.

 

 

It had been two months since the kidnapping-slash-revenge-thing happened. The first thing you did when you got out of hospital was to pay a visit to Yumi’s grave. On that same day, you went to Gunyeol in prison. He realized he was wrong and he said sorry to you and Donghae. Though Donghae was still mad at him from kidnapping you, he set aside his anger and let you handle things. You have forgiven him but you didn’t say it in front of Donghae. You’d think of a way soon how to say it without irritating him.

 

Jessica announced her break up with Donghae on public. Rumor flew every corner of the Seoul. A very tiny part of it was you having a secret relationship with him. But a huge part of it was Jessica dating Taecyeon. Donghae also announced it in twitter. ELFs rejoiced around the world.

 

Three weeks after, Donghae found Hyejin, girl from his past, at one coffee shop. Donghae didn’t know what to say first when he saw her and a child in three ran to her. Then one man, appeared to be her husband, invited him in lunch at their home. During lunch, Hyejin’s husband explained the sudden disappearance of Hyejin years ago. She was suffering from stomach cancer that she flew up to America without telling Donghae for she knew it would hurt him. A very large part of not telling her sickness was, she thought that she’d died soon. She knew time would heal his heart and another girl will love him. But his husband’s dad, her doctor, made a way to save her from her illness. Donghae understood all and forgave her. He even phoned you for a video call to introduce you to them. You were so happy that Donghae finally found her and closure took its action.

 

Last week, someone called you from unknown number. You answered but the caller uttered no words. When you were about to hang up, the caller said, “I’m here, my child.” Tears flowed in your eyes as the words from the caller registered to your mind. When you snapped back to reality, you said, “Stay where you are,” and immediately ran to the door. Sure enough, you father stood on your doorway, one hand in phone placed against his ear. You knew that he was outside your apartment because he used to call you since you were a child on telephone when he came home from work. You would run to him and kissed his cheek. “Appa,” you muttered and embraced him in a hug. You didn’t care what happened between you and your father when your mother died. The thing was, your father was finally home.

“Where were you?” you asked when you invited him to come in. He began explaining things from what happened when he left you. He went to America to follow the one whom he met at the bar. But he found out that the lady had already a family, led by a scary big black American, who made drugs for living. He made a run for it. That was when he met and remarry a woman, who was—in a way—would make you think of your mother. They made two children and lived in America for a long time. Then, last year, when his wife searched the cable, she incidentally turned the channel on KBS world. Your first drama was rolling in and you father recognized you as his daughter. Since that time, he had trouble on sleeping. Nightmares of hurting you flashes on his sleep. It made him guilty and anxious. He couldn’t concentrate on his work and wouldn’t eat properly. His wife asked him about it and he confessed that he still has a daughter in Korea. He confessed all, including abandoning you. Being a lovable and understanding wife, she comforted him and suggested to move in Seoul. He was now happy with his new family but he still felt incomplete without asking your forgiveness. You embraced him and said it was okay, that it didn’t matter. After of what seemed like endless conversation with your father, catching up on each other’s lives, he invited you to eat dinner with his new family on their new home. You agreed and had a dinner with them. Your stepmother was pretty and very kind. She really resembled like your mother. The two children were lovely as well. That night, when you went home, you called Donghae and told him everything down to the tiniest bit of what happened that day.

 

And just this morning, Taecyeon called you. He said that he was courting a Thai girl he met during their world tour. You were happy for him that he finally moved on and he found anot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter