Chapter 34

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You woke with a start and found yourself sleeping inside Donghae’s car. He was standing outside the car with his back leaning at the passenger’s window. You knocked at the window, which made him turn around and looked at you. He gave his best smile before opening the door.

“Had a good sleep?” he asked, smiling.

You touched your neck, which became almost stiff because of long time sleeping in sitting position and answered, “Not really.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I forgot to adjust your seat. Are you, okay?” he asked and checked your neck that made his head lean closer to yours.

“Ani,” you said, almost immediately, “it’s alright. Where are we anyway?”

He pulled you out of the car and said, “You’ll know.”

 

You both walked into a pathway were trees were incredibly familiar. Until you remembered the very same day when Donghae asked you to be his girl.

“W-why are we here?” you asked stutteringly.

He smiled. “When I was a child, my father used to bring me here. We play around and do things that father and son usually do. The last time he brought me here was a week before he got confined in the hospital. He said that I should bring the girl I wish to marry and be my wife for the future.”

You looked at him. “Oppa, why—,” you hesitated, but the following words escaped without your notice, “Why me?”

“Why you?” he smiled. “I don’t know.”

You made a face that made him laugh louder than necessary.

“If I ask you the same question,” he said.  “Why me?”

That made you think for a moment. You asked yourself, why him?  Of all the people for you to love why you chose him? “Remember, I was a fangirl before you met me. So ask your fans.”

“But they only love me because of what they see on stage. Unlike you, you’ve been with me off stage. So, why me?”

“Ugh,” you muttered, “I don’t know.”

He grinned, “So now you know why I can’t give you an answer.”

 

You pouted when a sudden question appeared on your mind. “Did you take Hyejin here before?”

He stopped from walking and asked, “How did you know Hyejin?”

“Leeteuk-oppa told me about her,” you answered casually.

“How much did he tell you about her?” he asked. The way he asked you was like you didn’t have the right to know about her. And that made you annoyed.

“Why? Do you still love her?” you said and wished you hadn’t. What if the answer is yes? What would you do?

“Answer me first,” he said almost indignantly.

“No!” you shouted, feeling your anger rising up. “I asked you first!”

He closed his eyes and inhaled.

You furrowed your brows and said, “Seems like I know the answer already.” And with that, you stomped your feet and walked away, not even knowing where to go.


“How could he?” you muttered angrily. “How could he date me when he was still into her? Arghh!” Messing your hair in frustration that you didn’t noticed a thick root of a tree on your way. You tripped and earned f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter