Chapter 39

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

But instead of bringing you back to your hospital room, he led you to the garden of the hospital. It was dark and no one else was in sight.

 

“Can you explain how you’re alive?” you asked suddenly though you still feel very mushy. He made you sat down on a bench and sat beside you.

 

“Like you’re not glad I’m alive,” he said in sad tone.

 

You sighed as you fought back tears from flowing. “Not that I’m not happy. I thought you’re dead the moment he kidnapped me.”

 

“Oh yeah,” he replied casually, as if you were just talking about some common subject. “Gunyeol and I already made a conversation about it. He was only intending to kill you so I could also feel the longing he was feeling ever since Yumi died.”

 

You didn’t blinked as his words registered into your mind. “You mean, this Yumi—”

 

“Is really dead,” he finished. “I don’t know what he told you about the reason why she committed suicide, but—”

 

“He told me you shouted at her,” you said, staring at the space in front of you, avoiding having contact with him. “H-how could you do it? You’re the reason, why—why she’s dead and why he was suffering right now.”

 

You heard him sighed. “I knew it would be like this. That you would accuse me without even hearing my side.”

 

“It’s not like that,” you disagreed, finally turning to look at him. “We’re talking about lives here. How can you expect me to be so calmed?”

 

“I’m not expecting you to be calmed, either,” he explained with gentle expression. “After what happened two days ago, I would not really expect a casual conversation with you when you wake up.” He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. And when he had his eyes opened again, you saw that he was now ready to explain everything. “Look, I didn’t know how the hell I was accountable for Yumi’s death.” You were about to interfere but he held one finger up to stop you. “And I would like you to listen first before you say anything,” he said and you nodded once. “That night,” he started, “when you said you didn’t want me, that you despised me, I was drunk. I came out from your apartment crying and headed toward parking lot. I was crying and punching the walls there when Yumi approached me.

 

“That’s when I realized that he was stalking me all these times. I was offended by the fact someone had been following me around. But I was busy crying my heart out so my anger about that fact subsided. I ignored her but she was so pushy. Telling me I was better off without you, that she’s better than you, that she could give anything fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter