Chapter 17

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Please don’t cry. I’m sorry,” Donghae whispered while hugging you.

You cried harder, “I hate you.”

“I know, but please, don’t make a scene here. It will affect your image.”

“Liar! You only care about yourself. Stop acting like you care for me.” You wanted him to release you so you tried pushing him. But, since Donghae was stronger than you, he managed to hug you more tightly.

“Please, don’t be difficult. Let’s go to Eunji’s house. As soon as we arrive there, you can slap, yell and do everything you want to me.”

 

After a while, he finally convinced you to get in the car. But instead on sitting beside the driver’s seat, you sat at the back. Donghae let out a sigh.

“I’m really sorry,” Donghae said looking at you in rear-view mirror.

“I-I want to get to Eunji’s house as soon as possible.” So I can get the hell out of your sight.

 

 

As soon as Eunji opened the door, you hurriedly went to her room and locked the door. Eunji knocked the door, “Hey, what’s wrong? Open this door!”

“Let her,” Donghae said.

“What happened?” Eunji asked Donghae.

 

They sat at the couch and Donghae explained everything to her. But, after he finished, Eunji gave him a mixed expression.

“Babo!” Eunji slapped his arm. “You’re just jealous.”

“Me? Jealous? No way!” he denied. But the truth is he really was. He knew it himself.

“Aigoo! Jealous or not, it’s not reasonable for you to call her insensitive,” she said in a serious tone.

“I know, but may I know why? I know it’s normal to walk away and be mad if someone calls you insensitive. But the way she looked at me after I said it, it looked like that there’s a story behind it.”

“You got that, huh?” She shook her head and sighed, “You really don’t know her that well.”

“Huh?”

There was a pause, then, “Okay, let’s say that her eomma died when she was still in high school because of a disease. And her appa became a drunkard after that. He always slapped, shouted and almost kicked her out of their house. Also, her appa was always present every night at clubs and bars. That’s when he met a foreigner and decided to abandon her to go with this person. Thankfully, Taecyeon’s eomma adopted her and treated her like her own daughter.” She paused for a while. Then continued, “Her story became a hit on other kids at her school. ________-ah was popular back then, because she’s smart and talented. They started bullying her. Because of the bullies and her appa’s treatment before he abandoned her, ________-ah became very sensitive. As soon as possible, we don’t want her to be offended. Because, once she got offended, she’ll lock herself on her room and won’t eat for the next few days.”

Donghae felt guilty after hearing this. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. She doesn’t like others to feel sorry for her.”

 

They both stared at the space. No one dared to speak.

 

“Donghae-ssi,” Eunji finally said.

“Hmh?”

“Do you like her?”

He gulped and blushed.

Eunji gave him a low chuckled, “I’ll consider that as a yes.”

“Wait,” he protested. “I didn’t say I like her.”

“Oh, c’mon! It’s written all over your face. The way you care for her, it’s not just a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter