Chapter 23

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica’s meeting with the CEO began 10 minutes ago. Donghae was now at the lobby with earphones on waiting for her. He rested his head and closed his eyes.

 

I can’t forget her. I can’t forget that night . . . How could she?

 

“I don’t love you. Don’t even like you. I despise you.” _________’s voice was still ringing on his ears.

 

“Is it okay to sit here?”

 

Donghae’s eyes snapped open. He looked at the girl standing in front of her, holding two drinks. The girl is simple but beautiful in her own way. She doesn’t need to put make-up to be presentable.

 

Like ­________, he thought. He nodded and the girl sat beside her.

 

She offered him a drink, which Donghae took with a bow. “You looked familiar. Have we met before?” he asked.

She nodded, “Yeah, I’m Heechul-oppa’s failed dongsaeng.”

“Failed?” he asked confusedly.

“Really, you don’t remember me?” she pursed her lips and said, “Oppa and I aren’t really connected by blood. But we’re close since we were young.”

“Ahh! Nam Jinhee?”

She laughed, “Gosh. Oppa, you have a bad memory.”

“How are you? Hey, what are you doing here? You’re still studying, right?”

“Oppa, don’t flood me with your questions.” She scratched her head, “Yeah, I’m still studying. I’m a college student now.”

“Which university?”

“Kyunghee,” she answered.

“Whoah,” Donghae exclaimed. “So what brings you here?”

“Waiting for your evil dongsaeng.”

“Kyuhyun? Hey! Are you two going out?”

“Sort of,” she answered with blank expression as she drank her drink.

Donghae raised an eyebrow, “You sounded like you didn’t like going out with him.”

Her lips twitched, “Oppa, this story isn’t about me and Kyuhyun. It’s about you. So, what happened?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You looked troubled earlier. Oppa, it’s because of a girl, right?”

Donghae didn’t answer.

Jinhee laughed, “Oppa, I’m surprised seeing you like that because of a girl. I thought you were the romance prince of the group? How come you’re like that?”

He messed her hair, “Even the prince has his own problems, too.”

“So, what’s the matter?”

“Well,” he struggled for words and said, “I’ve been spending time with her these past few months. And, ugh, I kinda fall for her. Then I confessed, she refused, saying she didn’t like me.”

“I think you’re missing something.”

“Huh?”

“How can you analyze it if you wouldn’t look on the bigger picture?”

“Huh?”

“Yah! I can’t spend my whole night listening to your huhs. What I’m trying to say is, use your senses Lee Donghae. It’s like you telling your problem a while ago, there’s the thought but incomplete. How can you understand a whole book without reading the whole content?”

“In short?” Donghae still didn’t understand.

“In short, she has her reasons for telling you that,” Kyuhyun said.

“Exactly!” Jinhee agreed, ”huh?”

She looked around and found Kyuhyun sitting beside her, his face on her shoulder.

“Hi yeobo,” Kyuhyun greeted and kissed her on the cheek.

“YOU WANT TO DIE?!”

“*ehem* Yeobo?” Kyuhyun glared at Jinhee.

“Ah, jagiyaaaa! How was your day?” Jinhee greeted sweetly, suddenly changing her mood.

Donghae laughed, “You two are cute!” pinching Jinhee’s cheek.

“Yah! Lee Donghae, DON’T PINCH HER CHEEKS! Argh!” Kyuhyun said angrily.

“Aigoooo. Jealous huh?” Donghae teased Kyuhyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter