Chapter 27

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Leeteuk was about to start when the door opened revealing Kyuhyun with a hand roll of tissue.

“I told you to bring tissue with you,” he said.

“Yah! Naga!” Leeteuk yelled.

He smiled mentally, threw the tissue at you and closed the door.

 

You smiled sheepishly at Leeteuk.

“Before Donghae’s appa died,” he started, “he talked to me. He made me promised him that no matter what happened, I should take care of his son. I should not let him hurt, cry and let do terrible things. I feel bad because I let those happen to him.”

“Oppa, don’t blame yourself. I’m sure oppa’s dad is so thankful because of what you have done for his for his son. If there’s anyone to blame, it’s me.”

He smiled, “Actually, not only you.”

You gulped, “What do you mean by that?”

“Well, there’s this woman. Just before Super Junior debuted she became Donghae’s girlfriend. He’s really in love with this girl that their relationship lasted for three years. They broke up a month before his dad died.”

“W-why did they break up?”

He shrugged. “The woman left him without saying anything. There’s no really breaking up happened. Donghae tried to search for her but failed. He just stopped when one of the girl’s friends said that she moved to America. The reason? No one knows. So, when his appa died, it was like a double whammy for him,” he said with watery eyes remembering Donghae’s pitiful past.

You just stayed silent.

“You know what I think of Jessica? Maybe he really loved that her. You saw what happen to him, right?”

You nodded.

“Well, she’s part of his past now. You are now his present and hopefully, the future, too. I’ve never seen Donghae so happy with a girl after Hyejin left.”

Hyejin? That’s what my name in our drama. What a coincidence, you thought out of a sudden.

“________-ah, I trust you. I know you love him as much as he is to you. Please, don’t make this hard for the both of you. I’ve seen him hurt and it breaks my heart,” he said with little tears escaping from his eyes.

“It breaks my heart, too. Seeing him crying, makes me want to cry beside him and take back all the hurtful words I said. But, what could I do, oppa? I just can’t accept his love for my own benefit,” you said sadly.

Leeteuk couldn’t think of what to say next. Both of you stayed silent, staring at the floor.

 

“________-ah, when I leave, I want you to look for Donghae. I want you to be the one who will take care of him, who will love him. Can you do that?”

You didn’t answer.

He smiled, “Silence means yes. I’m counting on you,” he said and stood up.

 

“WHY ARE YOU ALL DOING THIS TO ME?!!” you suddenly yelled and burst into tears.

Leeteuk panicked, couldn’t think of what he could do, “Wait! Wait! Don’t cry!”

“I COULD NOT THINK STRAIGHT! I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO!” you cried like a child. “I WANT TO DISAPPEAR RIGHT NOW! THAT WAY I WON’T BE ABLE HURT HIM AND MYSELF! I’M TIRED OF THIS, OPPA! HELP ME!”

“Aren’t you aware that they might hear you?”

“I don’t care!” you sobbed just like you used to when you were a child.

He smiled and hugged you, “Aigoo! Don’t cry. Crying won’t solve any problem.”

“Would you help me then?” you said, still crying.

“How could I help you if I don’t know the whole situation? And I bet, you won’t tell me either.”

You hiccupped, “You’re right. I really won’t tell you.”

He chuckled, “So fix it, okay? Fix it as soon as possible so that you won’t hurt anyone. Including yourself.”

 

 

 

“Finished?” Yesung, Ryeowook and Sungmin asked as soon as you went to the living room.

Leeteuk and you both nodded.

“________-ah, let’s play,” Yesung said.

“Eh?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter