Chapter 25

Reel To Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m bored!!!” you shouted and tossed your phone at the bed. It was a sunny Wednesday and you don’t have anything to do. Just then, you got an idea on how will you spend the afternoon.

 

You picked up your phone and dialed the monkey’s number.

Someone picked it up at the first ring.

 

“Yah! Let’s go out. I’m bored!” you said immediately.

“Kim ________-ssi,” said a familiar voice.

“Oh! Hi Donghae-ah! Can you give the phone to the monkey?”

“Oh . . . yeah, w-wait a minute.”

 

You waited. Your heart almost dropped when you heard his voice.

 

“What do you want?” Eunhyuk finally said.

“Let’s go out please! I’m bored here,” you said while doing aegyos, even if you know it was useless because you were speaking through phone.

“Now I’m your puppet huh? Last time, I was your driver. Then next time, what?”

“Uhm, personal maid?” you joked. “Oppa, please!”

“Andwae! I have other date!”

“MWO?!”

“Yes, you heard it right. So, get lost you evil brat!” and he ended the call.

 

You pouted as you stared at your phone.

 

“Ah!! Eunji!”

 

You dialed Eunji’s number and waited for her to answer. It took so long before Eunji picked it up.

“_________-ah, your press conference will be tomorrow at 5 o’clock in the afternoon,” she said immediately when she answered your call.

“I know! Let’s go out today.”

“I can’t go out today with you. I have other appointments. Sorry,” Eunji said apologetically.

“Okay fine,” you ended the call.

 

How about Taecyeon? Nah! If I can’t hold myself any longer, I might spill Jessica’s secret to him.

 

You laid your back on your bed and stared at the ceiling. You want to spend your afternoon with him but you can’t. You miss him so much. You touched your lip, reminiscing the kiss three days ago. You stared at the ceiling for like an hour when the doorbell rang.

 

You rolled your eyes when you saw on the screen who the visitor was. You opened the door, crossed your arm and lean on the doorframe.

 

“What do you want, Jessica?”

“Eonni, let me explain.”

“Okay,” you pushed the door open and let her in.

 

You both sat at the couch.

“Now, explain,” you said.

“Eonni, uhm, I don’t know how to explain,” she said and bit her lip.

Your brows furrowed, “Then why are you here?”

“Eonni, I really don’t want to do this.”

“What do you mean you don’t want to do?! You’re playing my best friend’s heart!! How could you?!! And how about Donghae?!”

“Wae, eonni? You like him, don’t you?” her voice was rising like yours.

“IT DOESN’T MATTER IF I LIKE HIM OR NOT!! THE THING IS YOU’RE PLAYING WITH THEIR FEELINGS, MINE AS WELL!!”

“Eonni, I didn’t mean to—,”

“What do you mean by that, huh? It already happened. Jessica, we need to tell them that—,”

“ANDWAE!!” she shouted and began to sob. “Eonni, I can’t choose. I can’t be with someone leaving the other alone.” And she continued to sob. You could only look at her sympathetically.

 

You stood up and walked nearer to her. You knelt down with your one knee, “But Jess, this is not right. You can’t have them both. Sooner or later, they’ll know. What will you do if the time comes? You have to choose only one. Listen to your heart.”

“What if my heart says both of their names? I know you like Donghae-oppa, eonni. But I like him, too. I can’t bear seeing him with other girls.”

“D-does he feels the same way for you, too?”

“Ne. I know he’s still confused about he’s real feeling. But I can tell he’s still into me!”

You sighed, “What about Taecyeon?”

“I love him, as much as I love Donghae-oppa.”

“That can’t be.”

She stayed silent, sobbing silently.

“Jess, if you think I’m going to help you, no. You have to fix this by yourself.”

“But, you’re not going to tell them, are you?” she said looking at you with watery eyes.

“Yes, I’m not going to tell them. It’s better not to get myself involved.”

To your surprise, she hugged you. “Thank you, eonni, thank you.” You patted her back few times and she stood up.

 

You smiled weakly at her and nodded. When she left the room, you sighed and looked up.

“Did I just make another mistake?” you muttered.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter