Traveler

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: pegase2311

Title: Traveler

Main Characters: Zhang Yixing/Lay (EXO), Im Jinah/Nana (After School)

Pairing: Lay x Nana

Genre: Drama

Plot: almost the same storyline like Pride&Prejudice

Keywords: real life

Additional Requests: a happy ending with a twist on the middle

 

PRESENT  

It was his pride

Not his vanity

Or maybe it was both

As a virgo woman, I am often criticized by how I analyze or take things to critically specifically by a bunch of peers who truly... weren't even per say my friends. 

I wasn't a prude nor a stick many people categorized me as. I am beautiful, I was proud of my genes given to me but I believed true beauty comes from intelligence and success. As a daughter of my beloved father, I spent my days taking care of my family.

Every girl out there had that one dream. It can be meeting a soulmate, getting a great career or becoming successful. 

My dream was to become a writer. 

The problem was, I had no inspiration. 

A Leo man gave me that inspiration. He was prideful, vain and very rich. I was earth. He was fire. We didn't create sparks, nor explosion. Together, we made something different. 

We made each other.
 

PAST

She hated the water. 

It was beautiful, tempting and deadly. 

Despite her fear, she gazed at the hue waves of the ocean basking around the island she resided in. The polaroid in her grasp tightening as the crashing noise of her phobia continue to resonate. The flat slab of stone she stood on situated just a good distance from the view; trying to get a great capture of the nature's beauty. 

As a tourist, she did her best to avoid visiting islands nor oceans. Yet, this was something she was willing to risk on seeing; knowing full well that the island had the best sun sets in the whole world. The beach she was on was named merizo pier and with it were little ships and boats aligned near the borders. The trees swayed vigorously despite the lack of wind and visiting sight was empty... except for her. 

With a glance at her watch, she exhaled slowly and walked to the edge of the pier. Tracing the ocean lines with her eyes as they placed upon the ends where the sun should set pretty soon. It reminded her of the lake they had at home, yet it was slimmer and much less broader. 

Her mind then drifted to her father despite her attempts. She hated leaving her disabled father alone back in Seoul while she went out to explore the world. But the old man had pushed her to this with not a choice at all. 

"You're tresspassing!" 

As her eyes flared in surprise, a scream hitched as her foot slip off the debris and fell deep into the shallow water. The piercing sensation of the ocean weighing her down as she panic with utmost fear. She tried to swim back up, but she was no match for the fear of water and the fear of dying manifest her head.

This was it, she knew it was coming. But not this soon. 

As her lids fluttered close and her form slacked with drained force, she felt her body being lifted and carried until a light try to peer her closed lids. A newfound sensation of oxygen filled her lungs as she gasped. It felt as if she had been brought back to life, but no. She was saved by someone. And she was holding onto this person like her life depended on it. 

As her breathing calmed, she peered her eyes a little and the first thing she saw was dark hair and a broad neck. 

". I almost killed you."

She coughed in response and tightened her hold around his neck. She didn't know if she should laugh or cry. Yet, she chose the latter instead. 

"You almost killed me."

The form of this mysterious man tensed and she cleared and bat the wetness of her eyes. Angry tears. Pushing herself away, she grasped the bars of the pier and hauled herself up. And there, she lay on the wooden mass of the pier; with the sun setting on the horizon.

"You do know that tourists are not allowed in this area." 

No 'Sorry, for almost killing you.'

She stood up, knowing full well that he would occupy the space next to her. With a distant scowl on her face, she turned her head away and into the polaroid that has now been flushed down deep beneath the shallow waters of the ocean-

"Don't look at me, I'm not paying for that."

He was the most infuriating man she had ever met. With a loud exhale, she snapped her head to him and froze. Her eyes connecting with a pair of brown ones, cold and detached. His hair damp with the salty water as his dress shirt hung against his form, the muscles contracting with his tiny movements. The stature of this mysterious man depicted such frustration, yet the expression on his face were blank. Gone was his sorry arse of apology she had heard from his tone earlier. 

"I don't want your money." 

She had met his type of people before, the rich snobby men that spent their whole time raiding beautiful lands that weren't theres in the first place. 

And she wasn't sticking around. 

A year had passed so swiftly that she didn't notice. Maybe it was like that, you'll never notice the season's changing when all your time were occupied by something you love. With that month, she had gained an inspiration from all the trips she had visited, Rome, Paris, Norway, Germany, Hawaii, Finland and Merizo. From the scenes and memories she had formulated to the words now resting on a book. 

With a low exhale, she closed the tendrils of the novel and hugged it to her chest. Smiling to herself as she walked down the pathway of mass shrubbery. Embracing her success of finally having it published, for so long she had felt a sense of... happiness and content.  

The book she had written was about travelers who traveled the ends of every continent to fulfill their lifelong dream. And with that inspiration, she finally felt what it was like to accomplish a life ambition.

"Miss Ihm, there you are. I have been searching everywhere for you!"

A mid aged woman called from the parking lot of the company building. Mr. Xi's secretary was a volouptous woman who had endless curve matching with her cupid arrow lips. 

She could only grimace and forced a wave. It was universal for every woman who dressed like that ached to have something between their legs. And what's more when you have a handsome rich boss you work under?

The secretary had handed her a black envelop with a velvety lace tied elegantly. She stared at the envelop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter