Call Me Ki Bum

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: applecheeks

Title: A/C

Main Characters: Kim Kibum/Key (SHINee), Hwang MinAh (OC)

Pairing: Key x OC

Genre: drama-y romance

Plot: Key is an idol, put under pressure by the thought of being a rolemodel for so many. Caught between his honest vision of himself and the guidelines set by his management, he starts drinking. When his former best friend (female) MinAh stops by to see how he's doing, she catches a glimpse of what state the one she loves is in and tries to 'save' him. Kinda cheesy, but that's what crossed my mind recently.

Keywords: -

Additional Requests: I'd love the ending to be happy of course. :)

 

He inhales sharply as he watches the audience scream. He snaps his eyes shut and tries to focus. His hand tightens on the microphone. His head hurts but he has to force himself to be up here on stage. He opens his eyes and forces his lips to spread into a smile. He waves to the audience and the audience screams in reply. He raises the microphone to his lips and his voice is audible through the speakers.

He is glad that this song is a ballad, unlike Sherlock or Lucifer. He is aware of that throbbing ache in his temples, but he continues singing anyway. He knows that he can't screw this up. It is his solo debut. Right now, he is Key, not Key of SHINee, but Key as a soloist. This is his stage, his show and his song. He never wanted to be a soloist, but he couldn't reject the offer. He winks at the audience, knowing that it'll drive them crazy. 

The song finally —painfully— ends. His arm drops down to his side. He feels as if all the energy he had has been out of him. He is panting, gasping for air. He gives a weak smile to the fans and waves. He exits and goes backstage. His knee buckles and he collapses, utterly wasted. He lies on the cold floor and stares at the ceiling as the staff rush to him.

"What happened? Key, are you alright? Damn, do we need to call the ambulance?"

"I don't know! Just call."

His voice is hoarse when he opens his mouth to speak.

"Don't. Don't. I'm fine. I'm just tired. Leave me here."

"Are you sure? You don't sound good, Key."

He cringes at the last word—Key. He shakes the uncomfortable feeling off and nods his head weakly. The staffs are hesitant to trust him, but they still do anyway, and they leave him there. 

"Okay. We'll come again 10 minutes later, alright? Take care."

The last of the staffs filter out of the backstage dressing room. He can still feel the pain in his head. He raises his arms and rubs his temples, in hope of easing the pain. It doesn't work. He wishes he had asked the staff for some Advil or Tylenol. 

He knows that Kim Ki Bum would not have done this. Kim Ki Bum would have flat out rejected this opportunity and called in sick. But he's Key now, not Kim Ki Bum. And being Key means that he has to accept this once in a lifetime opportunity and force himself upstage. He has to be a role model for fans now that he's an idol. It's one of the key guidelines set by the management at SM.

He knows that it's wrong to think this way, but he wishes that he wasn't Key.

--

He thanks God for the helpful staffs that came back to check on him. They came back just in time and thankfully, gave him some painkillers. He strides through the hallway and passes by So Nyuh Shi Dae's practice room. The girls invite him in, wanting some fun. He—Kim Ki Bum—wants to reject, and tell them that he's sick. And yet, Key goes against Kim Ki Bum's better judgement and accepts their invitation. Key is supposed to be fun-loving, playful, teasing, mischievous, everything Kim Ki Bum isn't.

After a while, he gets chased out by the girls and he continues his way. He exits the SM building, wearing only a cap as a disguise.

"OH MY GOD. KEY!!!!"

He gets bombarded by the fans. Unfortunately, his disguise isn't enough. He fakes a smile and politely tells them to give him some personal space. Inside, Kim Ki Bum is roaring with anger. Key smiles, he has to be the perfect role model for his fans. He controls his anger and waits for Key to make a decision. 

"Alright, do you guys need me to sign anything or take photos?"

"OH MY GOD. KEY, SIGN THIS FOR ME!"

"Key, take a picture with me!"

He sighs inwardly. He feels his lips automatically spread into a grin as he signs and poses for pictures. His inner Key nods with satisfaction whilst the inner Kim Ki Bum looks at him with distaste. His head starts throbbing again. He can feel the pain again. He still smiles, until all the fans are gone. He rushes back into the SM building and into SHINee's p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter