Never Stopped Loving You

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: pegase2311

Title: Never Stopped Loving You

Main Characters: Kim Minseok/Xiumin (EXO), Ahn Hee-yeon/Hani (EXID)

Pairing: Xiumin x Hani

Genre: Angst

Plot: Xiumin and Hani was once a power couple. Everyone's adore their relationship. It was fine even after Xiumin had to move to London for his study. But they were fine, when on holiday is either Xiumin goes to Korea or Hani coming to London. Hani remember it clearly, a letter that Xiumin sends after they spend Christmas holiday in London. It simply read "Let's break up, I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry..." And with that, all their stories ended. But 5 years later, Xiumin is back and still in love with Hani. But the problem is, Hani already engaged with someone else, who will she choose? her past or her present? But she can't deny the fact, that until this day, she still loves Xiumin, so much.

Keywords: airport, waiting, real life, sweet, tears, nostalgia, memories

Additional Requests: A bittersweet ending (a happy one)

 

No matter who you asked or anywhere you looked, it was a well-known fact that Xiumin and Hani were one of the greatest power couples that you could ever lay your eyes on. Well, I guess not everybody would say it, mostly those who knew of the two, but any other regular individual who has seen them for the first time together can also witness how great their chemistry is. The two have been going rock steady for about a good three years now and it seems like they were just growing stronger with each passing year, month, day, hour, minute, and second.

Even since the beginning, before they had confessed to each other, it seems like it was destiny for them to meet and the fate of the universe brought them together, knowing that they were truly meant to be.

Year 1 – Xiumin and Hani met, stumbling upon each other outside within the winter time, where Hani accidently spilled some of her hot chocolate onto Xiumin’s coat after exiting the café she just ordered it from and slipping on some of the icy ground.

“Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry!” she quickly exclaimed an apology from her position, staring up at the hot brown liquid that had splashed onto his clothing.

Knowing that is was an accident, seeing how guilty she felt, and being the good hearted person that he is, Xiumin smiled down at her “It’s alright” then extended his hand out to her, helping her stand up.

The cup which was once full, now ¾ empty, was lazily being held within Hani’s grasp, she looking at it with sadness in her eyes and a pout on her face “My hot chocolate…” she mumbled to herself, now feeling down because the delicious drink that she was going to have to warm up her body on the inside from this cold was now basically gone. With a huff, she went over to the nearby trash bin outside of the café, throwing it away in sorrow, as if parting with something that meant so much to her.

“If it means so much to you, I could buy you a new hot chocolate” Hani was taken aback when she heard Xiumin’s voice and the kind offer he made towards her, forgetting for that split second that he was still right there.

“Ah! No! That’s not necessary!” she quickly said, shaking her head and hands to indicate even more that he didn’t need to do anything like that “If anything, I own you something”

In the end, after a lot of back and forth discussion between the two, they finally came to the decision to just buy each other something to accommodate for it. The both of them got some nice hot chocolate with extra chocolate pieces and whip cream, took a seat inside the warm and comforting atmosphere of the café, and happened to have a bit of a chat together. Learning each other’s names, a bit of information was exchanged – along with some digits as well – and they just down right had a pleasant and friendly experience thanks to their bump in they had earlier.

Year 2 – Xiumin and Hani’s friendship was growing greatly, the two becoming close with one another at quite a fast pace for having run into each other and meeting how they did. But not only was it friendship that grew between the two, but other types of feelings and emotions popped up as well, mostly with Xiumin to start with. It was after a year and a few months had passed by that he started to see Hani in many different ways that he hadn’t before, noticing things about her and thinking thoughts that never came to mind before.

Like how whenever they got together with their group of friends and he wasn’t a part of the conversation, he would just be silently listening in off from the side, but would mostly have his eyes focused on Hani for the majority of the time, even when she wasn’t the one speaking. Within his mind, he would trace the outline of her head, starting all the way at the top of her head where her flawless long brown hair grew. Then, his eyes wandered down to her prettier than normal face, particular her lipstick encoded pink lips. And finally down to her neck, which we won’t get into what he thinks about that, though I’m sure you can imagine what.

Another thing is the warm and squirmy bubbly feelings he gets whenever he sees her react in certain ways. Like when she bursts out laughing after finding something completely hilarious, or how she would gasp loudly when surprised by something, or how when feeling scared from seeing something she would coward away, mostly leaning towards him for some sort of comfort, which he gladly gave.

Not only that, but just in general, it was also pretty noticeable how Hani would make Xiumin happier upon everyday that he’d see her. It doesn’t matter how sad he would get, how stressed out he would be from his job, or if he was just downright not in a positive type of mood, she’d be able to fix it somehow. In fact, simply seeing her smiling face was enough to bring his mood way back up.

Finally, after a while – a few weeks – it hit him. It was then, after piecing everything together, that he realized he had fallen for Hani.

Year 3 – This was when their relationship advanced into something more, taking on the next step out of friendship and becoming an item. It was during the winter season, December 12, the same day that they ran into each other for the first time, that Xiumin had confessed to Hani. And it was only on that same day that she accepted and returned his feelings, agreeing to being his other half. The two had already been out a few times throughout the year on get togethers that you could basically call dates, but now it was the real deal.

That day, Xiumin had the whole thing planned out from beginning to end. First they went out around Seoul, just exploring for the fun of it, looking at all the holiday prep that was being worked on since the Christmas holiday was coming up and being astounded by all the beautiful lights and decorations – Hani talking about how it would be nice for them to possibly do something like that with their friends, Xiumin just happily nodding with a smile as he watched her skip around – then they went on a carriage ride which shocked her greatly, but she did love it of course. Later on in the night they had a nice dinner together, and now, right at this moment as we speak, the two were snuggled up to each other on the couch back at his place watching a movie. The lights were dimmed down low and they had some fine red wine to drink on the side with the fire place lit to put some warmth into the air.

At the moment, Hani was focusing on the movie – was some winter romance one – with her wine glass in hand and swishing the wine around. Xiumin, who sat closely next to her, was focusing on something else though. And I’m pretty sure we all know what, or more like who, that was. He had his eyes locked onto Hani, staring at her profile thinking to himself how beautiful she truly was and wondering how lucky he was to get a girl like this by his side. The universe must of really liked him.

“This is it, time to let my feelings be heard”

“Hani” he gently called out her name gaining her attention.

She took her gaze away from the TV screen to look at him, smiling when she did and humming in response.

“There’s something really important I want to say to you” he told her.

Reaching forward and picking up the remote off of the table, he paused the movie and stood up, Hani’s eyes following his every movement. After brushing out his long sleeve sweater that he was wearing, he grabbed a hold of her arm and held it up, showing her that he wanted her to stand up too. Placing down her wine glass, she stood up, facing him, and he grabbed her other hand so that he was holding onto both of them.

“Hani, it’s safe to say that we’ve been going out like this for a good amount of time now and I feel like we’ve really hit it off here, so” he paused with a sigh “if you’re ready to, I’d like for us to take it to the next step” he said with a smile.

Her eyes widened “Like, officially going steady?”

He nodded “Yes. So, on this day, the same one we met two years ago, would you be mine?” he asked, looking fine and keeping calm on the outside, but silently freaking out on the inside as he hoped that she would say yes.

Fortunately for him, she did. Covering as it spread into a wide smile along with her now glossy eyes, she nodded and let out a hum again, finding it difficult to express the happiness she was feeling in words.

“Really?” he asked, once again needing confirmation to really know that this was happening, that Hani was not only fully accepting his feelings but was mutual about the whole thing as well. She nodded again, much bigger this time making her hair sway.

His smile also extended out, into a huge grin, and he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his tight loving grasp – Hani wrapping her arms around him completing the hug.

And that’s how they got together, after that followed the usual couple related things. Their friends would tease them when they were together because of their sweet and cute actions, they were pretty much in the honey moon phase – though truthfully with how well they were together, they were basically in it forever – and pretty soon after that they had initiated their first real kiss on the lips during Christmas – specifically the night of the holiday’s eve on the 24th going into the 25th.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

A year has passed and the season was once again winter. The month was currently December with today being the 11th as Hani stepped out of the taxi cab she rode in to get to the airport. After paying the driver and fishing her luggage out from the trunk, she trudged her way through the snow with her boots and into the airport.

Where was she going you may ask? Why, off to see Xiumin that is.

It was about a half a year ago within their fifth year of being together that the two had seriously separated for the first time in a while, and by that I don’t mean breaking up – they’re very much still with one another. What I mean is that Xiumin had left for London, moving there since that’s where he was going to continue his studies. Of course he had plans to comeback, but for now, this is where he would be staying until he finished up what he needed.

Hani was on her way there to join up with them so that they could spend their anniversary as well as the holidays together, having booked a flight there since the first day of the month. She was super happy and excited to, not only be traveling to a foreign place she’s never been to before, but also because she would be seeing her man for the first time in a long time. Although it doesn’t seem like quite that long of a time, only five months, but to her it felt like ages.

Sitting around, she waited till she heard the announcement that her flight – #283 from Seoul to London – was ready to take off. Once it was, she got up out of her seat and headed off to the right gate, going outside and up the stairs, boarding the plane. After a good amount of time went by, finally they plane was ready to take off and they took lift off into the air off of the runway, making its way to the destination of London, England.

 

The long eleven-hour flight that felt like it took such a long time was now over, and Hani along with everybody else on the plane, stepped off and went about their own business. Entering into the airport, she went to the conveyer belts, waiting for her luggage to come out to grab it, then exited out the main entrance where she found a taxi where, instructing the driver to take her to Xiumin’s address – it’s a good thing for those English lessons or else she would be totally lost.

On the car ride there, Hani glanced around at the unknown and new foreign area she was now in, looking around in amazement at how things looked here. Finding differences as well as some similarities that London shared with her home city of Seoul. She was so busy and focused on checking out her surrounds, that she failed to realize that the taxi had already came to a stop when she arrived at the place until the driver let her know they were there.

Going through the same routine like she did back home, she paid the taxi fee, giving them a thank you, then got out and grabbed her luggage out of the trunk. With all that she had and needed on her, she stepped down the cement pathway leading to the apartment building where he was staying at. Heading inside, she walked down the hall – his apartment being on the first floor near the end – and stopped right at the door saying number five on it in bronze.

“This is it, I’m finally here!” is what she thought to herself as she stared at the door, knowing that he was on the other side waiting for her.

With a growing smile, she reached her hand up and knocked on the door, waiting for him to answer.

Meanwhile, inside the apartment, Xiumin was surprised when he heard the knock on his door, unsure of who it could be since he wasn’t expecting someone to come to his place. So, who was it?

“One moment. I’m coming!” he called out from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter