Withered Hope

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: LoveNeedsSpark

Title: Withered Hope

Main Characters: Do Kyungsoo/D.O (EXO), Yoon Soomi (OC)

Pairing: D.O x OC

Genre: Drama, Romance

Plot: It's been a year since Kyungsoo left Soomi, without saying anything, Soomi is trying to forget him, she's distracting herself from thinking of him. One day Kyungsoo appears and tried to apologize to Soomi, but  Soomi never listened to him.

Keywords: 

Additional Requests: Kyungsoo is standing from the rain, hoping Soomi will listen to him and forgive him. After hours Soomi, Soomi went outside, bringing an umbrella and hug Kyungsoo. Both of them cried and she finally listened to Kyungsoo's explanation and forgave him.

 

For someone who doesn’t wait, a year is just too short but for someone who does, it feels like a century; and that is just how Soonmi had been feeling ever since he left her.

It was like a dream where they are still together, holding hands and enjoying the world like it is theirs. And just like that, she woke up the next day without him.

The word ‘hard’ is an understatement of how she tries to keep up with the world as reality finally strikes in.

He just disappeared with no ‘goodbyes’ nor any notice that he finally wants some space.

It drove her crazy what could be the reason why he suddenly left her hanging.

Is it something she did?

Something she said?

Is she boring him already?

Is he tired of her whinings?

Is he tired of keeping up with her tantrums?

Is he tired of her demands?

Is she being too much that he would just disappear?

Just what could be the reason?

 

Fresh tears started to fall again from her eyes as she stares at the picture frame in her desk. She had been keeping herself busy for the past months by working late with overtime just so that she would never have the time to even think of him when she gets home.

This is just actually the first time she had the time to think of him after a long while. She doesn’t want to acknowledge the pain but the more she suppress it the more it makes it hard to stop herself from letting out a sob as she finally succumbs to what she had been holding back for a long time.

“Soonmi-ah,” a light tap on her shoulder made her even sobs all the more.

“I still don’t understand why he would just leave,” she sobs finally accepting the hug Ha Ni, a close friend of her, offers

It took her a while to finally stop the tears and regain her breathing although she has to endure the sniffs. She was thankful that she broke down during her overtime with Ha Ni.

“Soonmi, I think you should take a break from work. You had lost much weight and it bothers not just me but all of us in here,” Ha Ni started as she hands her a glass of water.

“I would just go crazy of I would stay at home,” she replies letting out a loud sigh.

“But you are also punishing yourself. You are not trying to move on; you are pushing yourself too much to forget him,” Ha Ni insisted.

“Have you been in love?” she asked all of the sudden.

Ha Ni had to roll her eyes from her question, “Here we go again.”

She just at her desk full of unfinished works not minding the tears rolling down her face.

Ha Ni can only sigh, “I’ll tidy up my desk first then I’ll do yours so I can send you home,” then left her alone in her cubicle.

--------------

“You can drop me in here,” Soonmi looks at Ha Ni as the latter stops the car.

“Will you be fine?” she asks as she looks at her tired friend.

“I will be fine. I just need that moment a while ago to release everything,” then manages a smile as she steps out the car.

The moment the car is gone, she took the opposite direction to buy some food.

The passing cars, the empty sideways with occasional couples passing by made her chuckle, ‘What is with the world?’ she thought as she drags her feet like it weighs a ton.

After another dragging hour on the 24-hour convenience store, she stood outside holding her grocery bag. She suddenly doesn’t want to go home so she steps on the opposite direction of her house to get just anywhere but home.

She ends up on a vacant park. Men were playing basketball from afar and she doesn’t mind as long as they don’t bother her.

She fishes for her phone, checking for any message but decided to juts turn it off when she saw it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter