Forgiveness

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: beijing-s-prince-ss

Title: Forgiveness

Main Characters: Luhan (EXO), Shin Minra (OC), Seo Joohyun/Seohyun (SNSD)

Pairing: Luhan x OC

Genre: Romance,drama

Plot: Minra and Luhan had a very happy sweet relationshipUntil one day, Minra found out that luhan is cheating on her. Luhan said some mean things to her, that made Minra cry and leave. But Minra got into an accident, causing her to forget luhan. When luhan heard of Minra getting into an accident he remembered why he loves Minra and felt guilty. Luhan tried getting Minra's trust and love again, but Minra was really hard to get lmao. Until one day, she remembered everything, luhan apologizes but Minra is still hard toget. But after seeing all the effort of luhan, Minra finally forgives him.

Keywords: Sweet, cute, drama 

Additional Requests: As long as it's a cute happy ending

 

It’s been a long day for Minra as she waits for the elevator to arrive at her floor, tired and wanting no more than a nice nap and a cuddle with her boyfriend. Once the doors open with a ‘ping’ she steps off and trudges through the plush carpet to her door, and concentrates on pressing the right numbers on the keypad.

The apartment is quiet when she steps in - strange. Luhan usually got home before her, and wasn’t today the game between Manchester United and Chelsea?

He must just be held up at work. Minra shrugs and kicks off her shoes. After all, she wouldn’t have been home so early either had the board meeting not been cancelled because some idiots didn’t know how to do their jobs right. She’d spent the whole morning making sure her juniors didn’t mess anything up, and still something had gone wrong. Just thinking about it gave Minra a headache.

Then she just wouldn’t think about it, she decides, and a long nap before dinner would do her some good. You can never mess up with a nap. Minra walks over to her bedroom door, shifting all of her things to one hand so she could open the door with her other.

A choice she immediately regretted. Her grip on her belongings loosen, and they drop to the carpet with a muted thump.

“Luhan?” Minra doesn’t know how loud her voice is, but it carries across the room. “What are you doing?”

Granted, Luhan and the girl below him had stopped what they were doing once Minra had opened the door, but know they were all silent and staring at each other and no one was moving, but Minra could see quite clearly that the two on the bed were both , and she was no fool. She knew quite well what they were doing. She just didn’t want to believe it.

Minra straightens, and glares. “Well, don’t let me disturb you. And when you’re done, don’t come back.”

Luhan doesn’t say anything, and Minra doesn’t wait a second longer before spinning around on a heel, leaning down to pick up her things, and marching out the door.

She stands still in the elevator, staring blankly at the doors. She’s not sad, surprisingly. She’s not angry or disappointed or crushed. She’s just numb. Unfeeling. Emotionless.

It takes another second before the doors open and she steps out, mechanically. Unthinking. One step. Left foot. Two steps. Left, right. Three. Left, right, left. Four steps, out the door. Left, right, left, right, to her car. Open the door. Sit down.

Cry.

The tears come now, slowly first, and then all at once. She sobs silently, sleeves over and elbows resting on the steering wheel. She cries until she realizes that she’s in her car, and that people can see her, and that they’re staring and wondering, how pathetic is that girl’s life that she’s crying in her car, by herself?

Angry, she brushes away her tears and wipes at her eyes. Then she reaches for her phone and scrolls through her contacts for the one person she can trust.

“Sunkyu?”

“Minra! What’s wrong? You sound sick! Are you okay?”

“He cheated on me,” Minra whispers, hating the way it feels to say it. Hating the fact that she’s saying it in the first place.

“Are you on your way? How far away are you? I’ll go get some ice cream.”

“I haven’t left yet.” For some reason, Minra can’t bring herself to speak in any volume louder than a whisper.

“Hurry over! Drive safely!”

“Thank you, Sunkyu.”

“Anytime.” A pause, and then, “I love you, okay? You are the best thing that’s ever going to happen to him, and you don’t deserve such a scumbag like him.”

“Sunkyu…”

“Drive safely. I’ll see you in twenty minutes!”

Minra nods, even though she knows that Sunkyu can’t see her. She sighs and sticks her keys into the car, turning it on and looking out the rearview mirror so she can back out without hitting anyone. It occurs to her now that Luhan hadn’t even come running after her. Tired of thinking, she pushes that thought out of her mind and continues driving.

Minra rolls down the window, relishing the feeling of the wind tugging at her hair and drying the tears on her cheeks. She feels refreshed from it, in the way that you always do after crying. Refreshed, but tired. So, so tired.

Her thoughts start drifting away again,but a honk s her back into reality.

Time slows down - Minra can see the green light clearly indicating that she was okay to go, but another car is speeding towards her, and the beep of the horn carries on for forever. She can see the other driver, once the car gets close enough, but he’s slumped over the wheel, unconscious.

And then their cars meet.

>>

Minra drifts in and out of consciousness. She wakes up randomly, sometimes when there are people around her, and sometimes she’s utterly alone in stifling silence. But even when she’s ‘awake’ she’s never truly awake. She never opens her eyes or moves around, but she can hear the people around her talk. (She can hear them begging, please wake up, please wake up.)

She hears stories when she’s lying awake in the hospital. Her parents come in and talk to her about their family and about how their lives are going well, except we miss you and we love you and please come back, oh honey, what if she never comes back?

Her friends come in - most just visiting once, and one coming back over and over again with funny stories about people she can’t recall. She’s nice, Minra decides, this person who tells me funny stories.

And then one day there’s a big commotion in the hall, a lot of shouting and some crying. Minra doesn’t think it’s related to her, but she wonders who they’re shouting at to go away, and who they’re trying to calm down, and she feels sorry for this person who’s trying to see someone they love, but the others aren’t letting him. Why aren’t they letting him? If someone loved me that much, I wouldn’t try to stop them.

Then someone comes into her room and Minra can hear sniffles and ragged breathing, and soothing whispers of it’s going to be alright.

The next day, Minra decides to wake up, and actually wake up.

>>

Up until this point, Minra had kept up more or less with what Sunkyu was saying. There are names she recognizes, like Jinri and Sooyoung, who had come to visit her after she woke up. But Luhan isn’t a name she remembers - it sounds foreign, and she only has Korean friends. So she asks, “Who’s Luhan?” expecting a short anecdote like Sunkyu had done with her other questions, but all she gets is an awkward silence.

Sunkyu sighs. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have mentioned him. Luhan’s your ex.”

Minra furrows her brows in confusion. “But the last time I dated anyone was in high school. That’s a long time ago. And we broke up before going to college.”

Nodding, Sunkyu says, “You started dating Luhan two years ago. The doctor says you have retrograde amnesia, because of your car accident, right? But you’ve also suppressed some bad memories.” She shrugs. “You’re better off not remembering him, because you broke up with him when he cheated on you.”

Minra in a sharp breath. “Oh.”

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be. I’m sure he was nothing, if he would cheat on me.” But inside, Minra realizes why she feels so empty. And she sees a small face with pretty eyes in her mind, and she knows who Luhan is, and she remember the commotion outside her room while she had slept on.

And she knows why she woke up, and why her brain blocked out memories of Luhan. And she smiles, because Sunkyu is still talking, when all she wants to do is curl up into a ball and cry.

>>

Minra keeps expecting Luhan to visit. She doesn’t know why, since he’s the one who cheated on her, but she does. She waits with a bated breath everyday, every time her door opens, and she lets it out every time it’s not the face she sees in her mind’s eye.

Then one day, he shows up on the other side of the door when she goes to open it. And she closes it in his face.

For as much as she’s wanted t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter