with the exception of you, I dislike everyone in the room

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: lolthefudge

Title: with the exception of you, I dislike everyone in the room

Main Characters: 

Pairing: 

Genre: Fluff, slice of life-ish, comedy (it's not a must, though)

Plot: Just two friends who love playing truth or dare and just like every cliche, they secretly are crushing on each other.

Keywords: "You want the truth? Kiss me."

Additional Requests: Fluff me out, please!

 

“Come on get dressed”

Kyungsoo frowned, “I told you I’m not going”

Baekhyun put his hands on his hips, “And why the hell not?”

The small guy pursed his lips, “Well for starters I have a lot of things to do”

The latter snickered, “Really? Like what?”

Kyungsoo pointed to his desk where his algebra textbook was sprawled open, the sight of the overly complicated and never ending equations gave his friend an unwanted headache, “Studying for one. We have a math test on Monday remember”

Baekhyun scratched his head, muttering a few curse words under his breath, “We do? ,” He ran a hand through his hair, “It must have slipped my mind”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Leave it to Baekhyun to forget such important matters.

“Anyway, knowing you, you’ve already studied for it so what were you going to do, huh, revise the material for the third time?”

“Fourth”

Baekhyun did a mental facepalm, “See that’s exactly why you need to go out. You can’t stay cooped up in your room studying or watching those weird cartoons of yours all day. It’s not healthy”

Kyungsoo shot him a nasty glare, “First of all Haikyuu is not a cartoon it’s an anime. Second of all it is in no way weird you simply have no taste. And third of all you’re one to talk, your life mainly consists of going out, partying, getting faced and nagging me nonstop to let you copy my homework which I so graciously let you do so you definitely have no right to criticize my lifestyle”

The red-head scoffed, “Whatever you’re still coming with me”

The black-haired male shook his head, “I don’t want to. You know I don’t like social gatherings. I prefer-”

“Staying at home. Alone. I know. Trust me I do”

A few seconds of silence passed by before Baekhyun spoke, eyebrow raised in mock suspicion, “Are you perhaps training to become a hermit?”

Kyungsoo glared his way, “Ha-ha very funny. Besides I barely even know your friends”

“But you know Chanyeol! Come on it’s just a small get-together at his place, only five other people will show up, one of them being a fine tan gentleman”

A wink.

Kyungsoo blinked, the tips of his ears turned red, “W-what’s with the wink?”

Baekhyun smirked, “What’s with the stutter?”

The short male cleared his throat, “Shut up, I’m not going and that’s final”

Oh what a lie that was.

Fast-forward an hour later and Kyungsoo can be seen sitting on a couch inside Chanyeol’s apartment beside his chatterbox of a best-friend quietly drinking a can of beer.

So far he got acquainted with three other guys. A smiling (rather sleepy) angel (yes, the man looked like an angel sent from above) named Lay who had the cutest dimple Kyungsoo had ever seen. A rather talkative and overly-energetic man that went by the name of Chen who kept on pranking and teasing a smiling Junmyeon, the man’s smile never faltered despite the latter’s numerous attempts at annoying him.

I don’t know how he does it, I would have gone all ape on him. Really. This man deserves a trophy or something. He’s so patient. Maybe I should take some notes. Or not. I’ll just stick to kicking Baekhyun’s whenever he pisses me off. Which is often might I tell you.

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. The host stood up to greet the two remaining guests. Kyungsoo fidgeted slightly in his seat. Okay, so there was something he had to admit. He may have this tiny itsy bitsy crush on this Jongin fellow.

Why?

Oh come on do you even need to ask? Have you seen the guy? Have you? He’s like carved out of stone, an absolute Adonis. But wait that probably makes Kyungsoo seem a bit shallow doesn’t it? He’s not. Not at all. He just appreciates a good male specimen when he sees one. But what drew him to Jongin wasn’t his looks (although they did play an important part) but the fact that behind his playful and haughty exterior was a rather clumsy and caring individual who’d go through great lengths for his friends and family.

So, Kyungsoo might have developed some more-than-friendly feelings for the tan male but he would never act upon them. Never. He would never confess. Never.

Why?

Simply because Jongin was pretty much out of his league.

He was sociable. Friendly. Popular. He had his fair share of fangirls and fanboys fawning over his every step. While Kyungsoo was for the lack of a better term a complete loner. A guy who’d rather stay at home studying, reading or watching anime instead of going out and socializing with the rest of the world.

They were polar opposites.

Wait, I know what you’re going to say the infamous “opposites attract” myth. Or is it a myth? I’m not too sure. But shouldn’t two people have at least some things in common for them to embark on a relationship together? If not, their lives will be a somewhat close representation of hell on earth since they will mainly consist of endless arguments and misunderstandings, right? And Kyungsoo would rather avoid the headache (and heartache) that followed such relationships.

Now, Kyungsoo did indeed like Jongin. He did. A lot. But he also wasn’t as delusional as the rest of the female and male population. He knew nothing could (would) ever happen between them. Beside their clashing personalities, Jongin was a man who could have anyone he wanted. Anyone. So why would he choose him of all people? Why would he choose someone as socially awkward as him? It just didn’t make sense. It didn’t. Not at all. (And it never would)

So according to Kyungsoo his crush would remain just that, a one-sided longing for someone he could never have. (Or could he?)

“What took you guys so long?”

Chanyeol patted his friends’ backs with a smile.

“Someone just took forever getting ready,” mumbled the blonde with a smirk.

Jongin glared at his friend, his brown orbs scanning the living room anxiously in search of a doe-eyed beauty.

Kyungsoo’s breath hitched in his throat as he locked eyes with him.

And then the most shocking thing happened Kim Jongin smiled. At him. He smiled. A real genuine smile that made butterflies erupt at the bottom of his stomach.

Oh. My. God.

He smiled at me.

At me!

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!

Kyungsoo (with so much difficulty) tore his gaze away from the said male and started looking elsewhere. Anywhere. Just not at him. Not until he calmed down the erratic beating of his heart.

Calm down Kyungsoo. Just calm down. It’s just a smile for crying out loud. But it was so cute. He is so cute. No. Just no. Snap out of it will you?!

Take deep breaths,

One,

Two,

Three,

Stay calm and collected.

Calm and collected.

, this was harder than he imagined, especially since his crush had opted to sit right in front of him.

Damn you Jongin. Damn you to hell.

Jongin smirked. He noted the faint blush that dusted Kyungsoo’s cheeks and was proud of having this effect on him. Then again Jongin was used to this type of reaction (he wasn’t a heartthrob for naught) but Kyungsoo wasn’t like most people. He wasn’t. He never once approached him nor made an effort to talk to him (when everyone else did). The said male would (always) sit at the front, a (rather lengthy) book serving as his only companion. He would tune out the voices of his overly chatty classmates and just read. He would sit there and read without even paying the slightest bit of attention to his surroundings.

But, on more than one occasion did Jongin catch him looking at him. And whenever the tan male would return his gaze the latter would immediately turn around and avoid his eyes at all costs, a shame, really, since Jongin loved looking and getting lost into Do Kyungsoo’s deep pools of black.

Kyungsoo was Jongin’s favorite person to look at. That might sound a bit creepy - okay more than a bit - but Jongin couldn’t get enough of the (rather animated) expressions the latter would make whenever he’d read one of his books.

Usually when Kyungsoo read, you could tell or at least Jongin could tell that he was enjoying it deeply. How? Thanks to the small smile that would play at the corner of his lips. And, according to Jongin, Kyungsoo’s smile is literally the cutest thing he has ever seen in his entire life.

Now, whenever Kyungsoo’s facial expression takes on a serious sometimes pained look that’s when Jongin knows that something bad must have happened to the characters of the story he’s reading. Something unexpected. Something painful. Something sad. A death perhaps? A break-up? A misunderstanding? Jongin didn’t know, what he knew however was that he’d be willing to do anything to turn that frown of his upside down. He’d be willing to do anything to return that precious smile on Kyungsoo’s face. Anything. The sight of a smiling Kyungsoo (for some reason) always brightened Jongin’s day.

Jongin simply loved how transparent Kyungsoo looked whenever he read. He loved how the latter would get so immersed in the world the words of his books created. That, in itself, was an endearing sight to witness.

So you might be eager to ask the following question: Does Kim Jongin actually like Do Kyungsoo?

Honestly, he doesn’t know. He doesn’t.

No one has ever caught his eye before.

No one has ever made him feel the way Kyungsoo makes him feel. No one.

He usually finds himself thinking about the said male a little more than he should. His gaze would somehow always land on him for no apparent reason. And when their eyes would meet, he would get this overwhelming emotion that cannot be even described in mere words. An immediate smile would form on his lips whenever he’d catch glimpse of the latter’s precious smile (it’s that contagious). And a part of him hoped to one day be the reason for that smile. That in itself shows how much Kyungsoo means to Jongin.

All in all Jongin is not only smitten by the doe-eyed man. No. He’s not. He li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter