Golden Pair

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: syazygirl

Title: Golden Pair

Main Characters: Kim Myungsoo/L (Infinite) x Cha Jaerin (OC), Infinite

Pairing: L x OC

Genre: romance and drama

Plot: L really hates it when many people doesnt like his wife, Jaerin because she is just a normal, not drop dead gorgeous woman although she's smart. His friends always set L with blind dates with beautiful people eventhough he's married. At first, he doesnt want to get angry with his friends because they've been his buddies since diapers. But one day, after Jaerin saw he went to a date, Jaerin was broken hearted. He immediately chase her until they reached home. Jaerin cried non stop and L really apologize and regrets follow his friends ideas. He explained everything and called his friends that he doesnt want to talk to them if Jaerin want a divorced. His friends immediately came over to his house and apologizes for everything.

Keywords: beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Additional Requests: L's friend is Infinite members please.

 

“Hyung, what should we do? Myungsoo hyung is surely mad and broken right now,” the maknae Sungjong whines as they all lounge at the living room.

“I told you; that idea about blind dates is surely catastrophic,” Sungyeol seconded.

“Look at who’s talking,” Hoya smirks.

“Let’s just think of what we should do rather than fight and whine about his situation,” Sunggyu, the oldest leans forward.

----------

The seven of them had been friends since God knows when. But among all of them, it is surely a surprise that the second youngest member Myungsoo got to be married first.

Ahn Jaerin, Myungsoo’s wife, is not your drop-dead gorgeous lady that will surely entice you on the first look. She is just an average lady with the looks that you will surely notice by second glance. The two of them met during one on the parties the seven of them attends to.

Then just like all your clichés stories, they exchanged numbers, went on dates, had petty fights and cool-offs, but in the end, Myungsoo decided to live with her for life.

Oh, and it would have been unusual if the remaining six do not know about the lovers’ story. In fact, they had been with the husband ever since they started dating down to that moment when he finally sealed the vows with a sweet kiss.

But they are just so naughty and mischievous.

One prank they thought was good was to set him on blind dates as their proxy. The boys would set up dates on girls they want to meet and would talk their way in persuading Myungsoo to appear as their physical representative and would just watch around the corner of the chosen place. The weird part is that Jaerin doesn’t know a thing about those blind dates.

At first, he hesitated since he is already married; but then the boys had been with him ever since and he owes them a lot especially in winning Jaerin’s heart, so he said ‘yes.’

But those pranks of blind dates started to pour as the boys started to just let him do the work in meeting the girl and assessing if she will be right or not.

As much as he hates the idea since he is afraid that Jaerin might know it, he still goes on the said dates.

And just like how they say it, the truth will always be revealed. That moment happened just few hours ago which brought the six on an emergency meeting.

*FLASHBACK*

“Date count: forty seventh,” Sungyeol scribbles the name of the girl on the note pad.

“Now, here’s the deal,” Sunggyu leans forward as everyone were all ears on what he would say.

Myungsoo lets out a frustrated sigh but still decided to listen. This date is scouted by Woohyun from SNS.

“She is Jung Soo Mi, 24 years old, a college student of Seoul University taking up Culinary Arts. She is a daughter of a renowned couple owning a chain of restaurants; has two older brothers and two younger sisters,” Sungyeol relayed.

“How did you extract such information?” Sungjong asked, directing his attention to the bothered Myungsoo.

“So I will pick your outfit and provide the car; all you have to do is meet her, charm her, then biddie bye goodbye already,” Hoya smiled.

“Any questions you want to ask?” Woohyun spared Myungsoo a look.

“Do you have any picture of her?”

Woohyun pulls a 3R picture on a book nearby and gave it to Myungsoo. There’s something familiar about the said lady but he can’t just point it out. Suddenly, he felt worried and much more bothered than the previous dates he goes to.

Just as what they had planned, Myungsoo arrives at the place 15 minutes late so he can take the time to look for her. The other six were early and had found a suitable place where they can see the progress of the date.

Myungsoo saw the lady on a table on the farthest corner. Letting out a sigh, he finally paved the way to get to her.

“I am sorry; it’s so bad of me to let the lady wait,” Myungsoo apologized the moment he got near her, a lie he made up on the way.

The said lady smiled up at him, “It is okay. What matter the most is you arrived,” then gestures on the seat in front of her.

“I must say you are quite prettier in person than in pictures,” Myungsoo started the conversation the moment the menu was delivered.

“And you are quite a handsome fellow if I may add. I am quite frustrated before when you did not show me any pictures of yours, but I guess it is worth the wait,” the lady smiled.

Something about the smile of the lady in front of him is disconcerting. He took a deep breath and focuses on ordering.

“I hope you don’t mind if I would invite a female friend. She wants to meet you as well,” the lady looks up at him then gives her order.

“I won’t mind, but would your friend be comfortable? I can call a friend of mine to keep her company as well,” Myungsoo offers after giving his orders.

“She will not mind, she will not be staying for long,” and there goes that Cheshire cat-like grin of hers that sends goose bumps attack on him.

Trying to calm himself, he started the conversation; trying to charm off the lady just as instructed and whenever he catches a glance on his friends, they are giving him thumb up signs.

Their order arrived and he was startled when she beams, “Oh, there she is.”

The lady in front of him waved and Myungsoo decided to turn around when the footsteps became audible.

Everything went still the moment he turns his head. He felt like the pranks they pulled up back fired on them, especially on him. Soo Mi’s ’friend’ had her eyes wide open just like Myungsoo as her steps gets slower. She stops right in front of him, completely shocked.

“Now, are you going to believe me dear cousin Jaerin?” Soo Mi said which made Myungsoo turn his head on his ‘current date.’

“I am not blabbering or lying when I told you that I had seen your husband going on blind dates. Anyway, for someone like him, charming ladies is not a hard task, right?” Soo Mi raised a brow on the shocked Myungsoo.

He felt the heaviness of the world crashing down on him. He was speechless as he turns to see a teary eyed Jaerin.

Her lips are trembling already, “Oppa, wae? Am I that too ordinary for your standards? Am I boring you already?” and large tears fell from her eyes.

The sound of the chair scraping on the floor startled him as Soo Mi stands, “Let’s go Jaerin. Your husband probably has a date. I told you it’s the reason he is always out the house.

Myungsoo was totally floored, stuck on his seat; too shocked to even move. Even his friends who crowded over him seem to be so distant since their voices barely registers on his ears. When everything seems to whirlpools back at him same with his sanity, he left the table and ran after his wife, ignoring his friends call.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

----------

Myungsoo soon tires himself calling Jaerin. When he was not able to catch up with Soo Mi’s car, he immediately hailed a cab to get to their apartment but just as he feared, Jaerin is not in there.

‘Of course you idiot! Why would she come back on you?’ he angrily thought and all the anger in the world filled him up.

He grabbed his phone and called his friends. Right after the first ring, Sunggyu picked up. He didn’t even give him the chance to speak or even greet him and he started his rant.

“DAMN YOU ALL! I TOLD YOU THAT IT WAS A BAD IDEA BUT YOU IN

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter