Doctor in Love

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: pegase2311

Title: Doctor in Love

Main Characters: Zhang Yixing/Lay (EXO), Huang Zitao/Tao (EXO), Kim Jongdae/Chen (EXO), Krystal Jung (f(x)), Im Yoona (SNSD), Bae Suzy (Miss A)

Pairing: Lay x Krystal, Tao x Yoona, Chen x Suzy

Genre: Rom-com, Romance

Plot: Lay, Chen, and Tao are doctors in Seoul hospital. While Krystal, Suzy, and Yoona are the nurses. Krystal likes Lay and her friends know that, so they ask their boyfriend to ask Lay to go out with Krystal. But Lay doesn't believe in love, so Krystal tries to show him how much she loves him.

Keywords: cute, sweet, funny, romantic

Additional Requests: happy ending

 

“I love you Krystal, I really do.”

And just as how she envisions it, he knelt on one knee, opens a red velvet box that boasts of a perfect diamond ring.

“Will you marry me?”

Tears sprang in her eyes as she blinks it back furiously. Coupled with fervent nod, she exclaims her answer, “Yes, yes, I will marry you.”

He stands again, slowly reaching for her hand to slip the ring but her eyes widened when it suddenly turned into a sleek folder. She looks up at him.

“I need a report of the patient from room 245 to 256. Follow it up with the diagnosis on the records on my patients on room 360 to 378. I need an over-all evaluation on the recent surgery I had where you are present.”

A violent shaking shook her and him as she tries to grasp for him but he faded into oblivion.

---------------

“Krystal, hey,” Suzy shakes off the sleeping lady who wakes up in a dazed expression.

“No… I need the ring… the reports can follow…” she slurred and soon enough brought out laughter from her colleague.

“You’re dreaming about him again you dork,” Suzy pats on her shoulder as she laughs at her.

Krystal blinks at Suzy, the effect of sleepiness wearing off. Her mind went blank as to why her friend is still laughing.

“How are my dongsaengs doing?” Yoona bursts into their room with that ever brilliant smile.

“She’s dreaming about him again,” Suzy pointed at Krystal.

“So how did it go? Did he finally hand you the ring?” Yoona grins mischievously at the disoriented Krystal.

With a shake of her head, she pouts, “He handed me my report folder and instructed me tons of reports from all of his patients.”

Yoona and Suzy bursts into fits of giggles at how miserably in love this young lady is.

---------------

Yoona had been working at the most advanced hospital in Seoul for five years now. Suzy came in two years after Yoona’s employment and a year later, the youngest among them finally completed them.

It is not foreign for them to know who they woo among the handful of good-looking doctors in the hospital, except Yoona who had already been tied on Doctor Huang Zi Tao ever since their college days. He is also one of the rookie doctors after been away for three years for his specialization.

Suzy on the other hand was courted by Doctor Kim Jong Dae who specializes in children. They had been going out for almost a year now.

The only problem among the three nurses is the youngest that had been shot by Cupid’s arrow after seeing the newly recruited doctor in China who’s a renowned surgeon. She came upon him as she was pushing the wheelchair of a patient back to her room. It’s the one you call love at first sight.

Everything suddenly went to slow motion and there’s that imaginary glow she sees that surrounds him as he walks with Tao. She was not even sure if it’s just her imagination but she thought she saw him look his way and offered her a thrifty smile, showing those dimples. If not for her patient, she might have just stood there, blushing and breathless from that encounter.

After that encounter, she tried to check all his duties and where is his office; what time doe he goes to the cafeteria, who are his patients and how often he does his rounds in a day.

It might be silly in doing such but who can blame a person who’s caught in the word called love?

During his duties, she will switch shift with one of the two if her duty is in conflict with his. The two can just shake their head at her efforts. If he arrives early, she will purposefully pass by his office to check on him; after all, the walls are glass on each doctor’s offices. If he happens to look at who might pass the hallway, she will look away as if she had just passed by that certain way when in fact the way to their quarters is on the other corner that she has to even turn around a whole block to get to their quarters.

If he is in the cafeteria, she will insist that the three of them take the table behind him so she could watch him. The two can just chuckle at her behavior.

“Why don’t you approach him? He seems to be nice,” Suzy once noted while they are taking their lunch.

“I am scared,” Krystal confessed, her shoulder falling from her failed attempts in catching his attention.

“You have been doing that for three moths already and he hasn’t looked your way. I think he is being hard to get. He might have learned that you like him that’s why he is acting like that,” Yoona pointed.

Krystal can only sigh; she just hopes that her certain liking to Doctor Zhang won’t be revealed all around the hospital or she might be forced to resign for embarrassment.

Then, if Doctor Zhang is on his rounds, she will secretly follow like the patients she is checking is near his patients or where his patient is located.

Lastly, if he is on his rounds, on the nurse stations, she will then discreetly follow him.

---------------

As of the moment, she is slumped on her desk, waiting for an order since it’s her break already. She stares at the picture frame on her desk, pouting, “Why are you so insensitive?” she starts to mumbles, tracing the outline of the said piece of furniture. It’s a picture of his, framed by Doctor Tao and gave it to her as a gift on her birthday.

“Hey Krystal, the head nurse calls for you,” Suzy peeps on the door before leaving it ajar for her.

With a sigh, she pulled herself up and proceeds to the front desk of their station for whatever the head nurse calls for her.

“Miss Jung, we had already reassigned you on your next post. Dr. Wu is already transferred on our local branch and since you cannot come with him, you are now under the supervision of Dr. Zhang. He expects you right now at his office,” head nurse Soojin said as she hands her a new folder.

“Doctor… Zhang…?” Krystal blinks, trying to absorb the new information she had just received.

“Yes, and if I were you, I would be scampering right now since you very well know how he hates tardiness,” Soojin stated before leaving the young lady on her floating thought.

‘I am Doctor Zhang’s new nurse? That means I will get to be with him every day?’ she thought and trying not to blush and giggle, she bit her lower lip and covers her face to hide her attempt to do so.

After her fan girling, she immediately rushes to where his office is located. Seeing him too worked up on some reports, she knocks first before calling him.

“Doctor Zhang, uhm, I am your new – “

“You are five minutes late,” he coldly cut her, not even bothering to look at her.

Her heart almost stopped beating from what she heard. She immediately apologized, trying to win over his favor.

“Get the profiles of my new patients at the emergency room from the head nurse there. Give them the basic diagnostics as well. Run a round on my patients at the third floor, rooms 324, 357 and 360. Check on the others on the fourth floor on rooms 415 to 423 and then run some new tests on the ICU patients under my wing. I want a report on all of those by the end of the day. Now get to work,” he looked up at her, his face betraying the cold voice he is using.

He looks so comely, so friendly, and so innocent.  Krystal has to wonder if he really owns that cold tone or he just replayed a recorded voice. All of the sudden, he looks glowing in her sight, looking so princely with his white coat; looking so elegant by the way he clasp his hands atop the papers on his desk and sophisticated by the backdraft of his neatly arranged things.

‘What have I done to deserve this perfection?’ she thought, hugging the folder close to her chest to admire the handsome guy in front of her.

---------------

‘Did they give me a retard for a new nurse? What’s with the dreamy look?’ Yixing thought as she watches the young nurse sigh dreamily with those sparkling eyes that looks at him.

It’s quite unnerving to have someone look at you like you are the most prized possession of the world. It’s quite scary.

Setting that aside, he cleared his throat three times to get the attention of the said lady. He sighs in relief when she awakes in her daydream, bowing her head to hide the intense blush of her face.

“Get to work now; I hate tardiness,” then he watches the young lady hustle to get the needed reports.

He watched her disappear on a corner from his glass walls. Somehow, a smile gets tugged on his lips upon remembering her dreamy look followed by her blushing face,

‘I just hope she remembers what I had instructed her,’ then he resume son getting on his reports.

---------------

For the whole week, Krystal had been running around the whole hospital to monitor all of Doctor Zhang’s patients. It’s quite exhausting as well, but then she was rewarded to have her desk moved inside the doctor’s office for convenience.

He had set his house rules like some CEO giving instructions on his secretary. She will fetch the medical report by the end of the week for final report; a warm cup of coffee by 3 in the afternoon and he wants his office sparklingly clean whenever he arrives which he means she has to be an hour earlier than him. Whenever she’s on her night duty, she has to monitor each of his patients and report to him the very next day before leaving for a half day sleep so she will not get totally drained which allows her to get to her apartment.

One day, a package greeted her the moment she arrives at her apartment. It was neatly tied with velvet ribbons as well.

Feeling too tired to even wonder; she just placed the package on her desk and slumped on her bed. Soon, her body submits into the weariness of the day’s work.

---------------

Yixing had to give in into Dr. Tao’s request of a drink with him and their colleagues. It was a surprise to see the head Doctor and current CEO of the hospital Dr. Wu to join them and the renowned cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Luhan. There’s just the four of them and he has to thank all the gods for having it on a fancy bar.

“Hey Lay,” Tao spares him a look as the other two seems occupied on something as well.

He spares the younger one a look, “What now panda?”

“Why are you so cold towards Krystal?”

That seriously caught him off guard. He stares back at his friend for a while then chuckles, “Why are you rooting for us to end up together by the way?”

“Man! The lady’s been all over you! It’s no new news around the hospital that she is head over heels on you!” Tao chuckles and drank up the remaining booze on his glass.

“She’s still young,” Lay replies, suddenly feeling tired.

“Everyone knows that,” Tao grabs the bottle, filling up his glass, “And there’s this rumor that someone is starting to work on winning her heart,” he added.

“That will be good for her,” Lay replies, feeling a bit bothered from what Tao had said and from the conviction of his words.

“Yes, it will be good for her, but I doubt if it will be good for you. She’s a treasure,” then he left the said guy to ponder on his thoughts as he joins Luhan and Kris on the other couch.

---------------

“Prepare for a two days medical excursion at Sinhyeon by weekends. Prepare some necessary equipment that we will need for the excursion. Where are the reports I asked?” Dr. Zhang looked up at her.

“Here’s the report sir; I have made the rounds as per instructed, run diagnostics and checked on the other records you asked for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter