What are you?

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: KpopLoverLella

Title: What are you?

Main Characters: Lee Hoseok/Wonho (Monsta x), Kim Jaesoo (OC), Monsta X

Pairing: Wonho x OC

Genre: Romance, supernatural

Plot: Jaesoo is a teenage girl who Always have believed in supernatural beings. But she never thought of meeting one supernatural beings. She met Wonho one late evening when it was raining outside and she didn't have any umbrelle. He landed her his umbrella. When she first saw Wonho, she thought that it was something different with him, but she didn't know what. Until she met him again Another night, in the Woods, with his Group of friends, there she found out that they all were a group of young vampire guys. No one knew that she hanged around with the Group of guys, and got feelings for Wonho.

Keywords: 

Additional Requests: I want that the OC and Wonho will end up together. If you can do it as a rated M, would I be happy, but you don't have to if you can't write ^^

 

“Yo, Jaesoo!” an annoying boy in her classroom called out to her with a smirk on his face “What cha drawing this time, huh? I heard there was a supernatural horror fest on TV last night. The theme was all about werewolves” then he howled, casting laughter all around, thinking he was so clever.

Jaesoo just ignored him and his childish behavior, having no need to give him the attention he clearly so desperately needed.

Besides, she was pretty much used to these types of behavior where other students would make fun of her like that. Why? Because of the supernatural, it was as simply as that.

And by that I mean that Jaesoo here was a special case compared to other civilians around her, for she believed in things that others saw as fake, creatures of myth that go bump in the night. Of course there were the regular familiar ones that you and I have heard of, like, say, vampires for instance. Though it didn’t just stop there, her “wild imagination” as people like to call it for these mystical beings was much bigger and varied with variety. Things like angels, and not the kind you find in heaven, serpents, the classic werewolf, sirens, and then some.

She was very open about her thoughts on the subject, and really, she couldn’t care at all what other people thought about her opinions or that some of them poked fun at her for believing in stuff that you’d only see in movies. It never stopped her before and it still won’t, not until she can prove it for herself.

You think it may sound crazy, but there was such a strong gut feeling that she had deep down inside that was telling her that they really did exist somewhere and somehow in this world of hers filled with an endless amount of humans counting herself. And it’s not like it’s necessarily a dream of hers to meet one per say. Even just having the evidence that shows that they are out there would fill her with immense contentment and joy.

And speaking of her love and belief of the supernatural, you could tell that is was actually true by looking at what she was currently doing. The class period she was in was currently study hall, a time that she used not really to study for what she should be, school, but for the purpose of studying even more supernatural. Or doing some type of activity that related to it.

Today she chose to draw. Art was one of her hidden talents that she didn’t really care all that much for even when others who knew how skillful she was told her to maybe think about doing more with it and to maybe take advantage of her artistic talent.

A vampire, that’s what she decided to draw today. Again, like I said, even though it was one of the simply ones that was used many times, it was still known as a supernatural species, and so, they interested her.

It wasn’t just any ordinary vampire that she was sketching though. The one that she was currently drawing in her notebook was of one that she has seen before. No, not in real life, but in her sleep.

With how much time she invests into this stuff, it’s no surprise to her that she gets dreams about the supernatural. Lately though, she’s been having these dreams where the setting and events that happen within them are different, though she continuously kept on seeing the same guy appear in them. Some type of vampire dude.

Sometimes he’d frequently show up and be the main focus of the dream. Other times he’d only show up from time to time, and then there were dreams where she’d barely even get a glance of him making her feel kind of down. She always felt a source of delight when he appeared a lot in them. And it has come to the point that Jaesoo has dreamed about him so much that she was able to recognize what he looked like, which lead to her drawing him.

That way, even when she was awake, Jaesoo could look at him and be constantly reminded of this mysterious dream vampire of hers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Great…it’s raining, and I have nothing to shield myself with…”

That same school day, Jaesoo had decided to stay later afterwards when the day ended to catch up on some work that she had missed from being absent about two weeks ago. Problem was though, that as soon as she finished up all that she needed to do and was ready to leave and head home, it suddenly started to rain. Earlier, that weather was just fine. Even about thirty minutes ago while she was still there at school, the sky looked clear as day. Not as much as how it was before, but still, it didn’t seem like it was going to rain at all.

She sighed; why must the weather immediately change moods like this out of nowhere. She did not prepare for this. Even the weather man couldn’t inform her about the possibly rain showers that were going to commence during the evening. But then again, when is the weather man really right?

She was going to have to walk through it at some point, and it’s not like she could contact her mother to come get her since she was still busy at work; her shift had to be longer today, didn’t it.

At least it wasn’t coming down that much. It wasn’t a drizzle, but it certainly wasn’t pouring down like crazy either. Plus, she was smart enough to bring a hoodie of hers with her today, and it was quite a big one as well. So, it’ll have to do with protecting her while she makes her way home. She’d still get wet, but at least not by a whole lot.

Placing her book bag down for a quick second, she wore her hoodie, tightening the hood part and tucking her hair into it. Then picking her book bag back up, making sure it was nice and zipped up so nothing inside of it would get wet, she started to make her way home, which wasn’t really all too far from her school.

As Jaesoo stepped through and over the puddles and sections of muddy grass, she heard something from behind her.

At first she just chose to ignore the sound, thinking it was something harmless like an animal or small critter that created the sound. But after a while, there was even more noise, this time sounding louder and closer than before. Was there someone following her?

She came to a stop in her step, an eerie feeling building up within the pits of her stomach, and turned around to see no sight of anyone there; she didn’t hear any noises either for they had also stopped.

“Hello?” she called out. It probably wasn’t the greatest thing to do, but she did so anyway.

Jaesoo did a full on turn around, checking carefully with her eyes in all directions for people that might have been following behind her, but there weren’t any. There was barely any others around, seeing as how it was raining and getting close to night time, and none of them looked like they had any sort of business with her.

“Ok then…” giving off a shrug, she turned back around to face forward and continue her walk home.

That’s when he showed up.

“Hello there”

“Whoa!” she jumped back in surprise to the guy that suddenly had appeared out of nowhere right next to her. He smirked at her reaction.

“Where did he come from?” she wondered, inspecting him up and down.

Like just mentioned, his mouth was curved up into a mix of a smirk and a smile. He was all dressed up in black clothing, wearing a black cloak as well. He had brown hair and was carrying an umbrella in his hand.

Though, the most distinguishing feature about him that she noticed right away, were his eyes. They were bright, staring straight at her, and most importantly, they shined with the color of crimson red. Last time she checked, such an eye color wasn’t natural. Even so, they were out of the ordinary and were outstanding to look at.

“Come then” he said, then started walking away, Jaesoo watching him go.

He kept on walking, but then stopped when he sensed that she wasn’t following alongside him like he signaled her to. Turning his head to the left, he glanced back at her.

“Well, don’t just stand there, let’s go. If you stay out here any longer” his eyes looked up, referring to the rain “you might get sick, and we wouldn’t want that, would we?”

Jaesoo didn’t say or do anything except for shack her head no; it would be a pain to end up sick. Although, she wouldn’t be surprised if by now it was already too late and a cold was spreading through her body system at this very moment. She was always taught not to talk to strangers, but looks like that rule was going to have to be broken for this one time. Plus, that umbrella of his was so tempting to get under.

“Eh, why not” she shrugged, jogging up next to him; he was pleased to see that she decided to trust him enough to allow him to walk her home.

Now with this mysterious guy with her, Jaesoo continued making her way home, now thankfully having coverage from the rain thanks to him. It was silent between the two, not a comfortable one, but also not an awkward silence either. She wasn’t sure about what he possibly could be thinking about, but within her mind, Jaesoo was analyzing the hell out of this guy, thinking of reasons to answer the why, where, and what questions that were roaming around in her head, while still wondering about his eyes.

While they were walking, though his eyes kept forward the whole time, he didn’t have to see her to tell that her eyes were scanning him from time to time. It made his smirk smile grow bigger, knowing that he had captured her interest and feeling the energy levels she was giving off, wanting to discover more. Too bad that wasn’t an option for her to have.

As they were soon approaching her home, the unknown male figure came to a stop about a block away from her house, causing her to abruptly stop too, wondering why he did.

“Why’d you stop?” she asked.

He ignored her question “Sorry, but it is time for me to take my leave” he turned to her, grabbing her hand and placing the umbrella handle in her grasp “have this, you’ll need it more than I” he gave it to her to have, seeing as someone like him really didn’t have a need for owning a human object such as an umbrella.

Turning to face the opposite direction, he did something that surprised Jaesoo greatly. Taking a giant leap into the air like it was nothing, he landed on top of one of the ledges that was around, about to head off to his own home now that he’s finished up here. That is, until she called out to him.

“Wait!” she held her hand out, making him freeze in the position that he currently stood in “Who are you?”

“You don’t need to know that” and with that said, he disappeared within the dark depths of the rainy night.

Jaesoo’s arm fell to her side, staring at the spot he once stood at, when she suddenly came to realize something big. Her eyes widened.

That guy, he seemed very familiar now that she thought about it. She could’ve sworn she recognized his image from somewhere, and she thinks she knows from exactly where.

Rushing down the sidewalk, she quickly made her way back home where her mother was, having arrived back from work, greeting her and apologizing for not being able to come pick her up. Jaesoo had no time to sit down and chat at the moment though, this was an important matter she needed to figure out.

Bursting through her bedroom door, she tossed her book bag onto her bed, and the umbrella off to the side, opening it up and taking out her notebook that she was drawing in earlier at school. She flipped straight to the page with the vampire guy from her dream.

It looked completely similar to the guy she just ran into.

Does that mean he was…no, it can’t be, can it?

Could he possibly have been…a vampire?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Make sure you have your permissions slips and that they are signed everyone!” the teacher announced to all the students.

It was Friday and Jaesoo’s science class, along with some others in the same hallway as hers, were all headed off on a field trip today to a nature reserve to go observe and experiment outside. On her way out to the buses, she handed her teacher her signed permission slip, gaining access to go on the trip. Stepping onto the bus, she automatically went all the way to the back, sitting in the last seat all by herself, just the way she liked it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter