Better Without Me [Yongguk]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

“You’re really cute, you know that right?”

 

You smiled sadly, giving him a small slap on the arm, “you’re just drunk, Bang Yongguk you’re just really drunk”

 

“Am not!” he shouted, quickly sitting upright before immediately clutching at his head.

 

You rolled your eyes before helping him lay back down again, “go to sleep now, you have a big day ahead of you”

 

“Mmm” he hummed before he gave up fighting sleep, eyes slowly drooping close.

 

--

 

Having waited fifteen or so minutes already, you were about to get up when he gripped at your wrist.

 

“I thought you were asleep Yongguk-ah”

 

“No, I’m just letting my eyes rest a bit”

 

You rolled your eyes playfully, “stop being a brat and go to sleep”

 

He frowned, “but I have something to tell you”

 

You arched your brow at him, “what is it?”

 

He sat up on his elbows, motioning for you to get closer.

 

“I love you”

 

Yongguk gave you a soft smile before learning forward and stealing a soft kiss.

 

--

 

He finally drifted off to sleep about an hour ago.

 

You continued to sit on the edge of the couch, watching as his chest rose and fell with each breath.

 

“I hate you, you know? Bang Yongguk, you’re the worst person in the world. I hate you, I hate you so much,” you whispered.

 

Wiping a tear away, you glanced back at his chest, still rising and falling normally; he was still asleep and hadn’t heard a thing.

 

“I love you too”

 

--

 

“You probably got mixed up, I mean this was your home before, and plus, you were drunk. Crazy drunk”

 

He scratched at the back of his neck, letting out a soft laugh, “yeah, I bet I was pretty drunk”

 

You nodded, taking both his and your mug to the sink.

 

“You should go though, you have a big day ahead of you”

 

“Yeah, I should. Well anyways, thanks for letting me crash here.”.

 

“No problem,” you replied, back still to him as you washed the mugs.

 

His footsteps were all you could hear, each one crushing your heart more and more.

 

“Yongguk”

 

The steps stopped, you heard him turn, “yeah?”

 

“I…actually, it’s nothing”

 

“Uhm, okay. See you later today”

 

You nodded, listening as he continued on his way out, door finally shutting.

 

If only he could see the tears streaming down your face. If only he could see through all the lies you’ve thrown at him. If only he could see that you were never okay without him. If only he could see that you were still very much in love with him.

 

--

 

His eyes scanned the crowd, eventually meeting yours, and for a moment, you wanted nothing more than to drop the façade. But you kicked away the thoughts, a smile spreading across your face.

 

“I’m happy for you,” you mouthed.

 

He smiled that gummy smile of his.

 

--

 

“I do”

 

-x-

A/N: you'd think that after forever of writers block, i'd come up with something super fantastic

but then you get this, whatever this even is 

sigh

thank you for supporting though, it means a lot

i hope i can update with better stuff next time ;/