The One [Daehyun]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

It's not supposed to happen, but it does- you falling head over heels that is, literally. 

One minute you're rushing off to first period, arms ready to give out, no thanks to those damn textbooks that you never had the chance to put into the locker, and heart thumping erratically. And the next thing you know, your books are everywhere, you're this close to a heart attack, and your face is planted on the ground. 

You lift your head up, groaning in pain and cursing life for gracing your first day of school (as if that isn't already bad enough!) with a nice trip to the pavement. 

"Fantastic," you murmur, scrambling to pick up your books.

Literature, Calculus, Psychology, Govern- 

"I think this belongs to you" 

Looking up to catch the face of the voice, you were sure that your jaw had, unknowingly, dropped; probably broken from your fall.  He was gorgeous, what with those bright doe eyes and those beautifully plump lips (and okay, that adorable bit of fat he had under his eyes too). 

"Freshman?" he inquired, drawing you out of your stupor. 

"Uh, no, senior actually," you replied, pointing at your senior class books. 

"Ahh, it's just you look a bit too...flustered to be a senior."

You pouted.

"It's kind of cute" 

You immediately looked to the ground, cheeks heating up before mumbling out a soft "thanks"

"And, not to kill the mood, but you have three minutes to class before you're officially truant, just thought you should know"

", I gotta go!" you managed to squeak out before running off once more.

"My name's Daehyun by the way!" he shouted.

You held a thumbs up, mind too cluttered to respond like a normal person: one, you were 3 minutes away from being considered having ditched, and two, you just ran away from the most beautiful boy you had ever seen in your life.

Just fantastic.

-- 

"Ugh, if I had known, I would have worn a better outfit!"

"How can you wear a better outfit?! You already spent 2 hours picking out this one last night!" 

"I would have spent 4 hours to win him over then!" 

You rolled your eyes at the "conflict" unfolding before you. 

"Omo! It's him! He's so cuteeeeee!" they squealed.

Looking up, you found yourself staring at him again; you were so lost that you didn't even notice him walking over and taking the seat right next to you. 

"Hi, you never told me your name."

"I'm uh ..I'm _____________"

"You sure about that?" he laughed.

Blushing, you nodded.

What was this boy doing to you.

-- 

He was driving you insane, hungry, and broke. 

"I don't understand why you can't just buy your own food and stop following me home like some pitiful puppy" 

He shrugged, "I don't know, it's not like there's anywhere else I can go other than home with you"

"I don't know, what about your home?" 

"But you wouldn't be there," he stated calmly. 

You turned to look at him, brow cocked just slightly and using all other effort to keep that blush from creeping up.

"Who else would feed me?" 

You facepalmed. 

--

"Don't you ever get sick of chocolate?"

He looked at you, scandalized, "no, do you?!"

"No, but you get those everyday, I'm amazed you can still stomache them"

"It's not like I can just give them back their chocolates, those girls spend a lot of time making them for me!"

You sighed, "those poor souls don't know that they're dealing with a boy with a dark hole for a stomache"

He grinned proudly, "at least I still keep my slim figure, you on the other hand seem to be getting just a tad bit pudgy" he said with a small poke to your cheek.

"YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN!"

"MY CHOCOLATEEEEEEESSSSS!" he yelped, scurrying to pick them all up within 5 seconds.

"It's okay babies, daddy still loves you," he said with a playful sob before tossing the chocolates into his mouth. 

You rolled your eyes, "fatass"

--

"Is she even in any of your classes"

"I don't know...actually, I think she's the girl who works at subway. I mean, I always go there for lunch so..."

"This is ridiculous, you're such a chick magnet"

"Why thank you!" he beamed at you.

--

"I've never actually had a girlfriend"

What the actual . Jung Daehyun. Your best friend and one of the most sought after guys in both your highschool, and now university, has never had a girlfriend. 

"So, did you have a boy uhmm.. you know.."

"What? Huh, no. I mean I've never been in a relationship at all you dummy" 

You nodded, trying to process one of the greatest shocks in your life. 

"How?" 

He scoffed, "what do you mean how?"

"Practically every girl here is gushing over you and trying to win you over with sweets"

He gave you a strange look, "my life doesn't revolve around sweets you know. Plus, I just can't see myself with any of them, they're not the one." 

You smiled, "you're quite the romantic Jung Daehyun, who knew you could be such a softie." 

Bringing his finger to his lips, he shushed you, "shhh, it's a secret between me and you okay?" 

He held out his pinky to you. Grinning, you curved your pinky around his and pressed your thumb to his.

"Okay"

The question however, was gnawing at your brain, "hey, but how do you know when someone's the one?"

"I don't know how to explain it, you just do" 

You nodded.

"Have you met her yet?" 

"I think so"

"Ahh.." you replied softly, staring at the ground, only looking up when you felt his fingers lace between yours.

"I hope that when she finds her one, that that one will be me." 

"And if that one really is you?" 

"There'd be no words to express that, but it's something along the lines of-" 

And right then, Daehyun leaned forward, capturing your lips with his in a soft kiss. 

He pulled away first, "something along the lines of that." 

"So if I said that since that first day I saw you, I had fallen head over heels, literally and figuratively for you, and that you're the one..."

"I'd kiss you again" he smiled, finishing your sentence.

"Well then, Jung Daehyun, you're the one."

 

-x-

A/N: lalalala I went all cutesy for this one :3 and fatass like because daehyun really is a fatass who ironically isn't fat (where does all that food go..like seriously)

anyways, sorry for not updating in a while! school just started on wednesday and I'm already drowning in homework and I already have essays and labs ugh (projects start next week, along with a test on tuesday)

on top of that, i'll be taking extra writing classes on saturdays for admission needs and whatnot (I have nothing to say in my personal statements, i'm such a boring potato, why am i not amazing like the members of B.A.P) 

so I shall leave you with this and get back to my physics studying (which I haven't even started yet)

so please do enjoy ^__________^

thank you all for reading/subscribing/commenting 

<3