It's a Date [Jongup]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

Jongup isn’t exactly sure how it happened, heck, he isn’t even sure what the hell it is. All he knows is that he’s absolutely traumatized and that this a crisis worth missing school for. His mom gives him a break and calls the school and tells them he’s sick, though she’s pretty sure Jongup is just suffering from this thing called ‘mid-teen crisis’ (Jongup is pretty sure that doesn’t exist).

 

“Stop ittttt” Jongup whines as he pokes at his stomach and pouts. He lets out a huff when the feeling doesn’t stop, letting out a small scream of anguish before rolling aimlessly on his bed. It’s like a neverending rollercoaster, or at least that’s how Jongup explains it to himself; you know, that weird, cold, and airy feeling when you plunge to the bottom. Jongup hates that feeling, it’s gross and it sickens him, almost as much as it sickens Daehyun hyung.

 

He wallows in his bed for practically the whole morning before that stupid feeling stops.

Jongup feels a bit guilty about missing out on school, he’s not usually one to ditch, even if he’s sick, so he calls Junhong over to help him catch up on all the work he missed today (Junhong practically scolds him for thinking so little of him, he claims that he would’ve been over to check on Jongup without being asked to. Jongup gets that Junhong is feeling insulted, but really, how long has this kid been hanging around Himchan, he’s a total drama queen now).

 

“Jongup!! Open uppppp!”

 

Jongup lazily rolled out of bed and made his way to the door, making sure Junhong showed proper manners before letting him in.

 

“See, now is saying please so hard?”

 

Junhong yelped when his fist met solid arms.

 

“I hate your muscles” he whined.

 

Jongup laughed it off as the two of them sprawled on the ground, Junhong throwing out books and folders.

 

“We didn’t really have much homework today, so you chose a good day to ditch. Oh, but our history teacher assigned a project,” he huffed, “he already chose partners for us already though.”

 

“So who’d I get?”

 

“_________, the new girl”

 

Oh crap, the rollercoaster was back in motion, and at super high speeds.

 

Jongup clutched his stomach, rolling around again.

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong???”

 

“My stomach, it’s all…it’s all fluttery, like whenever I go on a rollercoaster”

 

Junhong blinked. Once. Twice. Before erupting into a fit of giggles (which were very unmanly by the way).

 

“Oh my god hyung, they’re butterflies.”

 

“What…?” Jongup asked, very, very, confused, because how the hell do butterflies even get into his stomach, do they fly in at night?! Wait..does that mean he sleeps with his mouth wide open?! Well, that would explain his dry throat…

 

“Oh my gosh, what do you do, lock yourself in the practice room all day?! When did it start hyung?”

 

“Yesterday in class.”

 

“So…when _______ introduced herself?”

 

“I guess.”

 

Junhong laughed again, “you like her.”

 

This time, it was Jongup’s turn to blink, quite stupidly actually. How do rollercoasters, butterflies, and liking the new girl correlate?

 

He was snapped out of his daze by a heavy slap on his back, “I’m proud of you hyung, you’ve finally found something else in your life other than dancing, you can stop living under a rock now.”

 

Junhong let out a screech, Jongup really didn’t know his strength.

 

Jongup went to school the next morning, these “butterflies” still flying around in his stomach. He sat in his seat, waiting to test Junhong’s theory (Jongup thought it was a load of bull, but he wouldn’t tell Junhong that, the kid would get all butthurt and pull a Himchan on him).

 

She walked into the room and the butterflies started flying a million times faster. Jongup swore that if they flew any faster, he’d spontaneously explode.

 

______ smiled at him. Oh crud, the butterflies actually fluttered faster.

 

‘Please don’t let me explode, please don’t let me explode, please don’t let me explode.’

 

“Hi, Jongup right? “

 

“I…I…uhm…yeah I’m Jongup” he stuttered with a blush.

 

She bit back a laugh, “Hi, I’m ______, uhm you weren’t here yesterday, but I’m your partner for the project.”

 

Jongup scratched his head awkwardly and gave a small smile, “yeah, I heard.”

 

“So do you want to meet at the corner café later to work on the project?” ______ asked (oh so super cutely Jongup thought).

 

“It’s a date” he blurted out, “I mean..like not that sort of date but like you know a date in a month, wait that doesn’t clear things up, but you know-”

She laughed, and oh my gosh, it was the most beautiful sound Jongup had ever heard in his life, like it was so beautiful that Daehyun would be embarrassed of his own voice.

 

“It’s a date, and it can be any kind of date you want, though if you’re interested in what sort of date I want it to be, I think some light flirting, holding hands, a dinner, and a movie would be good.”

 

Jongup smiled, his stage confidence building up as the butterflies fluttered crazily, “It’s a date then.”

 

Jongup decided that butterflies and rollercoasters weren’t so bad afterall.

 

-x-

I have one legit final left! (the rest are just fooling around in class because AP's are over lol) 

so I decided to write a bit and see if my brain was still functioning properly (I've been all angsty recently, but it's gone, so here's fluffiness for you all) 

hope you like it ^^ 

Jongup is so innocent (not really I mean look at those abs and his y dance where did he learn that omg i'm rambling now but yeah let's just pretend he's super super super innocent)