A Cinderella Story [Daehyun]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

Description: This idea sounded nice in my head…Third person POV !

 

Once upon a time there was a handsome prince.

 

He buttoned up his shirt, fixing his collar before smoothing out all the little crinkles. Throwing a black tie around his neck, hands weaving and pulling so precisely it could have been an art form, he gave one last glance at himself in the mirror before stepping out.

 

“Master Jung, your parents are waiting for you in the dining room”

 

“Thank you,” he nodded.

 

He knew what his parents wanted to talk about already, he’d known since he was a little boy what was soon to come. The room was in view, he slowed to nearly a crawl; each step he took held all that more resistance, as if each step was a step closer to the end of the plank. He pushed open the doors, and there his fate rested.

 

His father was one of the top CEO’s in the nation, and even before his Daehyun was born, he had already started a list of eligible girls to which his son would marry

 

-x-

 

“On what earth would this be considered a bad thing?” Yongguk half shouted, “I mean, your parents are hosting a party in which every single girl in the room will be after you! Yah, take it from your hyung here, this is a good thing.”

 

“But it’s like arranged marriage!” Daehyun grumbled as he took his seat at the table.

 

“But you’ll have a bunch of choices! And all of them will be fawning over you!” Youngjae added.

 

“But hyung already has girls fawning over him, I mean all the girls in the dining hall are all making googly eyes at him..” Jongup mused.

 

“Hehe, googly…” Zelo laughed to himself, “..hehe.”

“Oh don’t be immature,” Himchan laughed as he ruffled Zelo’s hair, “anyways, this is a serious matter!”

 

Putting his arm around Daehyun, Himchan whispered, “Save me some good ones, okay?”

 

“Aish this kid…” Yongguk said as he shoved Himchan.

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes, “thanks for the support you guys”

 

-x-

 

He politely excused himself, quickly grabbing a glass of champagne before making his way to the balcony. Nearly a hundred girls and he had yet to find anyone that remotely interested him. They were all the same, super polite, ‘I’ve never done a wrong thing in my life,’ and ‘oh I come from a suitable family’ sort of girls. He took a sip, staring out until someone caught his eye.

 

Walking through the front garden to the entrance of his home was a girl. Not just any girl, she was different; she had the most simple yet elegant dress on unlike the flashy gowns of all the other girls, and most strikingly different was that she was wearing a mask.

 

He weaved through the masses of girls, in hopes of finding the one hiding behind the mask. And as if fate were on his side, he found her. She her heel, getting ready to leave.

 

“Excuse me,” he repeated and repeated as he swiftly made his way to her, grabbing hold of her wrist.

 

She turned, and just like it was a scene in a movie, time slowed, each second dragging out.

 

The first second, he noticed her beautiful eyes, accentuated by her taupe mask.

The second second, he noticed the florid tint in her cheeks, an adorably rosy color.

The third second, he noticed her lips, plump, and he imagined, nice and soft.

 

“Hi” he breathed.

 

“Hi…”

 

He let go of her hand, “Uhm, I’m Daehyun”

 

Her laughter was like the sound of wind chimes blowing in the breeze, “I know”

 

“Well, I’ll just get straight to the point then, may I have this dance?” he asked gently.

 

“Yes”

 

She placed her hand in his as he brought her to the center of the ballroom.

 

And they danced the night away.

 

She was amazing, she was beautiful, graceful, funny, and could hold up her own end of the conversation. She wasn’t afraid to speak her mind, and unlike most other girls, she actually had her own opinions. For once, Daehyun didn’t feel like he was speaking to a pre-recorded scripted voice.

 

“You know, you’re an amazing dancer”

 

“Thank you, and so are you, you’ve yet to step on my foot” she joked as he laughed along.

 

“Thanks. Anways, after all this dancing, I think it’s about time for me to pop the question: what’s with the mask?”

 

“Bimil,” she said, bringing her finger to her lips.

 

“Then how about this; can I help you take off your mask?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“Then may I have your name?”

 

She shook her head again, a sad smile playing on her lips.

 

“Why not?”  

 

“Because unfortunately my prince, I’m no princess. I’m not the type of girl you’d want, I don’t belong here with you” she said before giving him a soft kiss on his cheek and running off.

 

He stood there, stunned.

 

-x-

 

Daehyun flopped on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

 

All he could think about was the girl behind the mask.

 

He got up to change, taking off the tuxedo jacket when he heard a faint sound of crinkled paper in his pocket.

 

He pulled it out and found a receipt from a nearby coffee shop.

 

Open 24 hours a day!

He changed into comfier clothes before bidding his parents goodnight and climbing down from the side of the building and leaving the property.

 

-x-

 

He looked inside, there were a few teens hanging around having some late night snacks.

 

Daehyun walked in, looking for the girl with the mask before a voice interrupted him.

 

“Hi, how may I help you?”

 

“I was wondering if you’ve seen a girl with a mask walk in.”

 

The girl behind the counter laughed, “Nope, but I’m pretty sure I’d remember if I did.”

 

Wind chimes

 

He’d recognize that twinkling sound anywhere.

 

“Funny,” he smiled, “because I’m pretty sure that girl is you”

 

She looked a bit surprised before giving a soft smile and nodding.

 

“Why’d you run?”

 

“Earlier in the night, you saw a princess, one of the elite like you. You saw someone who exuded elegance, sophistication, and wealth. But that’s not who I am. I left because you’re one of the most sought after guys in the whole country, and me? I’m just a regular working teen,.. who knows how to crash parties,” she replied, adding that last joke in to lighten things ups just a bit.

 

“Then why’d you leave this?” he pulled out the receipt.

 

“Because I had a flicker of hope in me, that maybe…maybe you’d like me despite everything.”

 

She waited for his answer, holding her breath without actually realizing it.

 

He spoke slowly, “well how about we test that hope of yours. Girl with the mask, will you go out with me?”

 

“_________, my name is __________” she said, nearly breathless.

 

He smiled, “well then, _________, will you be my Cinderella?”

 

“Yes.”

 

-x-

 He buttoned up his shirt, fixing his collar before smoothing out all the little crinkles. Throwing a black tie around his neck, hands weaving and pulling so precisely it could have been an art form, he gave one last glance at himself in the mirror before patting his pocket and stepping out.

 

“Master Jung, she’s waiting for you in the dining room”

 

 “Thank you,” he nodded.

 

Since the night of the party, Daehyun and _______ had been inseparable.

 

Refusing to keep their love a secret, he had told his parents about his relationship, ready to fight for his love. But it wasn’t necessary; in the end, all they wanted was for their son to be happy.

 

Daehyun smiled to himself as he saw ______ waiting out in the den.

 

He walked up to her, tapping her shoulder.

 

She turned around and found him on one knee.

 

“Cinderella, will you marry me?”

 

-----------

A/N: Well, here's the last chappie! Sorry for the long wait, I just finished my last test of the week this afternoon ! Anyways, thank you all for subbing and commenting, I hope you enjoy this last chapter ^^