Easy

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

Life isn’t meant to be easy, and you know that.
When some unqualified twit gets the promotion you’ve been working your off to achieve, you complain about how it isn’t fair, how it isn’t fair at all, but inside you know that “fairness” isn’t just granted; there was no sign that said “welcome to the land of just” when you first decided to say hello to the world, and there never will be. 
 
When you walk out after a hard day at work and find that it is absolutely pouring and you had forgotten your umbrella at home, you curse your weather app for lying to you, that damn system of trickery, but inside you know that lies are everywhere; why wouldn’t they be when the world you live in is one of deceit?
 
When you slip on the way to the elevator because some kids decide that it’s really funny to drag water into the building through their icky rain boots, you curse life for being so rough, but inside you know that this is just one of the many bruises that life will give you; it’ll throw punches and knock you down so many times that you’ll feel like giving up, why? Because life’s a . 
 
But when you’re at your door wondering why on earth life is so hard, you’re suddenly reminded of how easy you have it. Because when you’re struggling with the keys due to pure exhaustion, it somehow opens by itself, and when you fall through, strong arms catch you. Because he wipes your hair away and kisses your forehead as he fusses like a mother over how soaked from the rain you are. Because he immediately goes to wrap you up in a warm towel, slowly rubbing soft circles into your arms, muttering apologies like ‘I should’ve picked you up from work’ & ‘I should’ve noticed that the umbrella was still in the corner’ when it was never his fault to begin with. Because he goes and makes you hot soup when he feels you shiver a bit, even spoon feeding you, because you’re his ‘baby.’ Because even when you’re sick and probably highly contagious, he still stays beside you, pulling you close to his chest. Because the last thing you hear before you go to sleep is ‘I love you.’ 
 
You slowly blink as you wake up, dreading yet another hard day of life, but when you look to the side and see him in peaceful slumber, you wonder if you cured every disease in your past life, because life was just too easy, just too beautiful, just too perfect.   
-x-
A/N: I should be studying right now, but..I'd rather not for the moment.
So here is a super quick story; It could be about anyone actually, since it's so vague
But in my head, the him in the story is Daehyun
biased teehee
OK I WILL NOW RESUME MY STUDYING;
but I may stop by with more chapters when I feel like I need a break or a stress reliever (: 
ENJOY