Through the Years [Zelo]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

When you first met Junhong, he was squatting in the middle of the school garden picking cherry tomatoes.

 

“You want one?” he asked, turning to you, holding out a cherry tomato.

“Sure,” you smiled, about to take the tomato from his hands when he abruptly took it away.

“Too bad, cherry tomato naeggoya!” he laughed before grinning at you, “just kidding, here you go,” he said, placing the tomato right in front of your lips.

You stared at the tomato in front of your lips for a bit before looking back in his eyes.

“Don’t worry, my hands are clean!” he smiled again.

 

In the fourth grade, Junhong spent most of his time sitting in front of the computer.

 

“See, you can pick up the snail shells and then shoot them at the other monsters! Then, when you level up, you can get a job and become a ninja or something and get new skills!”

“This game is too complicated…”

“Tch, that’s because you’re not paying enough attention noona!” He thumped you in the head and laughed, “Look’s like your brain isn’t home today”  

“Whatever, how can anyone pay attention when they have to listen to your squeaky voice,” you retorted, blowing a raspberry at him. 

“IT ISN’T SQUEAKY!!!!”

 

In the seventh grade, Junhong took up rapping and dancing and decided to post up all his little performances on youtube.

 

“Raise the camera up a little higher,” Junhong said as he motioned.

“Yah, my arms are tired…” you whined.

“Aigoo noona, since when have you become so lazy?”

You huffed, “kids these days, no respect.”

He chuckled, “come on noona, for me, pleaseeeeee!”

You couldn’t help but smile, “ok, alright.”

 

In the ninth grade, you spent your first year without Junhong.

 

“You look tired,” he pouted.

“Junhong-ah, highschool , I want to go back to school with you!”

“Should I steal you away then noona?”

“Will you?”

He hugged you, “maybe I will”

 

In the eleventh grade, Junhong sneaked into your room.

 

“He was a jerk, you deserve better than him,” he said softly, pulling you closer to him.

“I don’t get it though, what’s wrong with me Junhong-ah, why did he leave me?” you cried.

“Hey, look at me,” he said, tilting your chin up so you’d be facing each other. “There’s nothing wrong with you, you’re beautiful, you’re smart, you’re fun, heck you’re perfect. It’s not your fault that he’s too blind to see that.”

“Thanks for always being here for me,” you whispered, unsure of what more to say.

 

In the twelfth grade, Junhong told you he loved you for the first time.

 

“You look really cute today,” he grinned.

“You think so? I bought this dress just yesterday, isn’t it adorable?! And it was really cheap too! And oh my gosh, my shoes, aren’t they cute too? We should go shopping together, it’d be so much-”

“I love you,” he breathed, cutting you off.

All you could do was blink up at him.

“I love you,” he repeated.

Right then, you leaned in and kissed him.

“I love you too”

 

When you left Junhong, you were twenty one and going off to study abroad in America.

 

“I’ll miss you,” you said, giving him a weak smile.

“I’ll miss you too,” he replied,  

“I’ll try to call or video message everyday!”

“And I’ll try not to ignore all your calls,” he joked, sticking out his tongue at you.

“Yahh..” you laughed, pushing him lightly.

He pulled you into a tight embrace, “I love you, so, so, so, much,” he whispered before leaving you with a kiss.

 

When you were twenty three, someone broke into your apartment.

 

“Junhong-ah…how did you get in?”

“I fly all the way here from Korea, and the first thing you do is ask me how I got in?”

You stood, rooted in your spot, before breaking in a wide smile and running over to him and giving him the biggest hug.

“I couldn’t stand being away from you any longer,” he murmured into the hug.

You looked up at him, “Me neither, now that I have you hear with me, I never want to let go.”

“You don’t have to, I applied for a program here; from now on, I’ll always be here with you. Noona naeggoya.”

Life was perfect. 

-x-

A/N: I would extend this, but I honestly can't bring myself to write the marriage part or anything after that ;_;

I mean we're talking about baby jello here D: 

I just can't imagine it right now sighhhh