Vanilla Icecream [Youngjae]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

Youngjae scoffs, the twerp seriously thinks he’s in the position to be giving Youngjae advice, Jongup didn’t even know what butterflies were until last month and he thinks he’s qualified. It’s ridiculous, Youngjae thinks, absolutely ridiculous, and kind of pathetic that he sort of wants to hear what Jongup has to say (I mean, Jongup did land the girl in the end).

 

“If you give me bad advice, I’ll be sure to come to your house one night and chop off your private parts.”

 

“Dae hyung! Youngjae is being mean to me!”  

 

Youngjae let out a growl as he felt a smack to the back of his head, “touch my hair one more time and I’ll make sure you wake up without an appendage too” he threatened, glaring at Daehyun.

 

“So just tell me what you have to say and let me get on with my life.”

 

Jongup huffed, Youngjae’s attitude was a bit too negative for his liking, but he continued to smile regardless.

 

“Take her out for something simple! Or else it’s going to seem like you’re trying too hard, and you’re going to look really dumb, not that you don’t already,” Youngjae shot him a look, Jongup gulped, “and you know, don’t be too forward like Himchan, that just creeps girls out-”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I get it. I don’t need your cliché advice”

 

Jongup pouted “don’t come crying to me when things don’t go well” he mumbled.

 

Youngjae simply rolled his eyes, he was on a mission, and he didn’t need anyone to help him; his charm alone was bound to be enough.

--

 

The parlor was packed to Youngjae’s dismay; after twenty minutes, it was finally his turn to order.

 

“I’ll have one vanilla icecream please,” he smiled.

 

She came back with his icecream, their hands touching as he reached for the cone.

 

“Sorry about that” he said with a small chuckle.

 

“Oh it’s nothing” she said, with blush on her cheeks he noted.

 

‘Cute,’ he thought.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Crap, or at least he thought he thought.

 

“Uhm, I uh….”

 

‘What was Jongup’s advice again???’ Youngjae thought (he didn’t say it outloud this time! Point for Youngjae!!) as he began to panic under her gaze; his charm alone was not enough, PANIC, PANIC, SOS.

 

“I think you’re cute” he managed to say after what seemed like an endless brainfart.

 

She gave him a funny look, “thanks,” she said…though it sounded more like a question.

 

Youngjae quickly his heels, quickly walking off.

 

“Wait!”

 

Youngjae turned back to face his crush, hope bubbling up again.

 

“You forgot your change”

 

“Oh,” his expression dropped, “thanks”

 

He was about to leave when he felt a small tug on his wrist.

 

“I get off work in about five minutes, do you think you could maybe wait so we can eat vanilla icecream together?”   

-x-

A/N: this is as good as I can make it ): 

sorry 

i tried you guys ): i really did D: