Yongguk [One in a Million]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

The bass is pumping, the lights are practically seizure inducing, and there's a faint throbbing in your head, but it's okay because you absolutely love it. The feel of being a miniscule part in a sea of people, upright but barely standing on your own, that's how jam packed it is; the feeling is surreal, especially because even though you're one in a million, or at least one in a few hundreds, you still feel as if you're the only one in the room.

The glances he throws your way, his body swaying as his plump lips are ghosting over the mic, you wonder how exactly he'd be in bed dominating over- oh dear lord, please forgive every sinful thought enveloping your mind.

Too soon the lights begin to dim and he's waving his goodbyes; the illusion is shattered and with all the pushing and shoving to get out, it's clear that you're really not the only one in the room.

"Hey, you ready?"

You nod as he grips your wrist, pulling you in the opposite direction of the general flow; leave it to Kim Himchan to be conspicuous as always. You never really noticed how goddamn stuffy it is, heck you can barely breathe until you reach the back of the stage; you distinctly remember two guards blocking off the area, but you don't question it, Kim Himchan is always full of surprises.

"Stay here for a moment okay?"

You nod, butterflies in a pandemonium as you remember why the heck you're even backstage. Kim Himchan, also known as your best friend, is a master socialite who knows absolutely everyone; it wouldn't even surprise you if he said he had dinner with Barack Obama the other night- but let's not digress. The point is that Himchan knows Jepp Blackman, and you know Himchan, and so basically, you're about to be acquainted with the human definition of .    

You're a bit fidgety, you're not exactly dressed to impress and it kind of bothers you, because Jepp kind of looks like the type of guy to be acquainted with beautiful women, many, many, many, beautiful women. 

They're getting closer, you can hear them, it's pretty amazing how you can even hear over the crazily loud thumping of your heart.

"There's someone outside who wants to see you!" 

"He's not hyped up on sugar this time is he..."

"What..? Oh! No! It's not Zelo, trust me, this one won't bounce off the walls after meeting you" 

You hear a low laugh, and suddenly he's within your view and staring straight at you. He stops laughing and you can't help but feel a bit self-conscious. Does he not like you? Is that why he stopped? 

"Yongguk, I mean Jepp, meet ________, _______ meet Jepp..though you already know him" 

Your eyes might be playing tricks on you, but you swear you see Yongguk blush as he slowly extends his hand out to you. 

"I'm a big fan" you manage to whisper out as you shake his hand in what is possibly the most awkward meeting everywhere; aren't rappers supposed to like firmly clap and grab your hand and then bring you into this one arm shoulder chest bump hug kind of thing...or something along those lines? 

"Thanks" he mutters, hand grasping yours before his eyes travels to his grip and he awkwardly pulls away and scratches at the back of his neck, a blush definitely spreading across his cheeks this time. 

If you weren't freaking out that you actually just touched Jepp, or actually, Yongguk's hand just now, you probably would have laughed at how adorable he was. Had he ever even spoken to a girl? With the way he was acting now, you were amazed that this was the same guy pumping up the crowd less than fifteen minutes ago. 

--

Yongguk is actually a big softie, and kind of, no not even kind of, he's really really really shy.

He's really not the person you thought he was, and to be completely honest, you're quite happy about that. The butterflies are still there and he still makes your heart beat that much faster, but his shyness sure serves as a confidence booster -phew-.

Yongguk really isn't the type of guy you'd find chilling by the bar, eyeing potential house or rather bedmates for the night. He's the type of guy who'd drive straight home after a long day, make himself a nice cup of hot chocolate and toil away at his newest song; after all, one night stands are ..well...fleeting, but passion is forever. Plus, the comfots of home is just too amazing to miss out on.

Yongguk likes stuffed animals, he thinks they're pretty cute, especially tigger; so it's pretty surprising when you find yourself face to face with Yongguk's favorite stuffed animal.

"Here, it'll calm you down," he offers with a weak smile.

You nod, hugging tigger to your chest as your eyes dart towards the screen again. Who on earth chose this movie, and why on earth was there so much shooting and blood? 

A C4 went off and you immediately squealed, unconsciously snuggling next to Yongguk who seemed to stiffen at the contact awkwardly putting his arm around you and pulling you close, instantly relaxing when you cuddled even closer. 


--

"Thanks," you smile as he slowly closes the door, ah what a gentleman. You're kind of still lost in this 180 personality change even though you and Yongguk have been hanging out for quite a bit already; how on earth did that beast on stage turn into this?! In fact, you're so entranced in this that you're not even aware that he just put your seatbelt on for you until you hear a faint click sound.   

"I want you to make it there in one piece," he laughs, amused by the color rushing into your cheeks.

You soon arrive and Yongguk is making his way onto stage once more, game face on, and that intimidatingly y vibe exuding off him once more. 

"You'll be okay back here on your own right?" he asks, a small look of worry on his face. 

You smile and give him two thumbs up, going in for a hug before wishing him good luck on stage. 

--

The music is pumping and the crowd is going wild, it's no different than most other stages you've been to, but the feel is out of this world. Because here you are, standing on the middle of the stage as Yongguk extends his hand out to you. The hints of awkwardness from your first meeting are still there; his cheeks are flushed and you're not really sure if it's because he's been super energized all night or if he's actually blushing again. 

He wills you to come closer, fingers adorably wiggling just slightly. 

Your fingers are entwined, and unlike the first time, he's not just awkwardly staring at the grasp, rather pulling you towards him and crashing your lips together. Your head is spinning and you have no idea what's going on; all you know is that this time, you really are one in a million. 

--

You're off the adrenaline high from earlier and the two of you are slowly walking towards your door. 

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight," you return.

You turn to enter your house when you feel a grip on your wrist.

"I..um...You see...Just...Would you be my girlfriend?"

You blink, because, what the flying pancakes, Yongguk really is an innocent one isn't he?

You step a bit closer to him, looking up at him. You can see him gulp and it's clear that this is the most nervous he's been in a long while.

Now standing on the tips of your toes, you lean forward, kissing him softly before pulling away.

"Does that answer your question?"

He simply nods, that cute blush definitely on his cheeks, before cupping your face and kissing your forehead.

"I love you"

 

-x-

A/N:

lalalalala~ spur of the moment thing, ugh I'm just mad procrastinating right now

I should probably do homework now, mkay goodbye

hope you guys enjoy !  

thank you for reading/subscribing/commenting/voting (?) [I still don't really understand what this voting thing is LOL]  ^____^