Seasons [Himchan]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

-winter ‘12-

 

He takes a sip of his coffee, beautiful face contorting just a bit as the burning liquid scalds his tongue; when will he ever learn to be patient? Leaning back, he takes off his jacket and scarf, contently basking in the warmth of what he believes to be a state of the art heater, because it sure works a heck of a lot better than the one in his house; and on top of that, there’s another warmth, one that wraps around his heart and colors his cheeks.

 

He thinks it was perfectly executed, but Yongguk seems to think otherwise.

“This is why I have trouble admitting we’re friends; you’re a ing pansy,” he says through his hands; Yongguk’s so embarrassed for his friend that he can’t even look at him without wanting to burst into manly tears, because there is definitely a difference between regular tears and manly tears. Himchan simply kicks him in the shin, eliciting the most unmanly cry from Yongguk he can, and tells himself that his masterplans are much too amazing for a simpleton like Yongguk to understand; after all, not everyone is as fabulous as Kim Himchan, and that’s a fact!

 

He smiles at her as she works away at the math problem, temporarily forgetting that he’s supposed to be listening and learning, not just ogling. They finish in about an hour and to be honest, Himchan has no idea how to do any of the problems in the chapter, though he’s not sure if he can attribute that to the fact that he was too busy focusing on her, or the fact that he’s not even enrolled in this class in the first place (he’s in the lecture hall next door, shhhhh….). He thanks her and ends up taking her out to dinner as compensation for her wonderful help. Hah Yongguk, the plan did work! Oh and she even gave him a hug at the end of the night. Double hah Yongguk, who’s the pansy now?!!

 

He grins sheepishly; she finally figured out that he wasn’t actually enrolled in the class. He has no shame, plus, it doesn’t really matter because she still allows her fingers to be laced with his as he walks her home from the coffee shop for the fifth week in a row. Snow is falling around them and the wind is starting to pick up, but Himchan has never felt so warm.

 

-spring-

 

Himchan decides that he loves spring, what with all the daisies blooming, roses blooming, whatever that flower over there is called blooming, and, let’s get real now, because Himchan could care less about flowers, their relationship blooming.

 

If he could describe their relationship with a flower, it’d definitely be that giant stinky one. Not that they were stinky or anything, it’s just that they were disgustingly gushy, so disgusting that Yongguk wrinkles his nose in disgust every time he sees the two of them.

“Channie-ah,” he says three octaves higher in mock impersonation, she simply laughs while Himchan whacks him in the back of the head, “you’re just jealous,” he says in that characteristically Himchan voice before leaning in to kiss his girlfriend. Oh how beautiful that sounds, his girlfriend.

 

Himchan has a thing for public outings, because home is kind of boring when there are so many other couple-ish things to do outside! He likes walking out in couple shirts and taking cute selcas, because the only thing cuter than Kim Himchan himself, is Kim Himchan and his girlfriend; god he loves how that sounds, it never gets old. He likes going out for picnics at the park, hand in hand strolls by the beach, and what he likes the most: making out in the dark theater room with his girlfriend as poor third-wheeling Yongguk tries to watch The Avengers but ends up failing miserably and walking out an hour in; Himchan thinks its like killing two birds with one stone! He gets to be gushy, and he gets to pester Yongguk all in a day’s work!  

 

The day seems so much brighter and the sky seems that much clearer; she said it first, and Himchan can’t help but blush like mad. He knows she’s starting to worry, and he knows he’s kind of giving off a douche vibe by staying quiet, but it really is all part of the master plan and not because he’s freaking out inside. He slows their walk, pulling away to pluck a flower before turning around and returning those three words, plus one more.

 

“I love you too”

 

 -summer-

 

Summer is kind of gross, or so Himchan thinks. It is crazily hot outside, and remember the heater that didn’t work too well in the winter? Well, it doesn’t act as that great of an air conditioner in the summer as well. Himchan hates that he sweats, because he sweats a whole lot, and it sickens him to know that he’s basically swimming in his own filth.

 

But he guesses he can learn to appreciate summer and its annoying heat, because this is also the season in which people run around in clothing that is that much more scandalous, or in Yongguk’s case, he runs around without half of his clothes, much to Himchan’s dismay. But let’s ignore Yongguk, because he’s a horrid best friend with little decency (and a body that makes Himchan very jealous, but let’s not get into that), and this story doesn’t even revolve around him! It’s about Himchan and his beautiful girlfriend, who, as a person as well (sometimes he questions if she’s really human, because dear lord, how can one person be so fabulous?!) , will also be scantily dressed! Himchan giggles, yes giggles, just thinking about how cute his girlfriend will look in the swimsuit he picked out for her. Himchan’s a bit of a ert, and he really isn’t planning on hiding that.

 

He’s covered in sweat and it should be really really really gross, but it kind of isn’t. It’s really hot, like so hot that he normally would have snapped by now, but Himchan kind of finds it comforting. He eyes his trunks and his girlfriend’s red swimsuit that are sitting in a pile in the middle of the room and he can’t help but break out in the most erted smile ever. Oh the perks of summer and being scantily dressed, or rather, not dressed at all. Himchan could get used to this.

 

-autumn-

 

He was lying when he said he hated summer, because autumn has to be the worst of all the seasons. She’s leaving and there really is nothing he can do about it. His ex-girlfriend graduated not too long ago, and now she’s flying half way around the globe to pursue an even higher level of education. He said he would go with her, that he’d give everything to be with her, but she didn’t want that.

 

She says that she doesn’t want him to wait, that she doesn’t even know if she’ll ever come back to Korea, to him. Opportunities await, for both of them, and maybe it’s best to just see where life takes them, or so she says. And so his girlfriend, becomes his ex-girlfriend and Himchan wishes his vocabulary could be one word shorter.

 

Himchan definitely does not want to get used to this.

 

-winter ‘14-

 

Himchan hates the coffee shop, and only visits it when absolutely necessary, like today. He scalds his tongue, as he does every single time, he really should be more patient. He looks back at the counter, and though it’s still the same coffee shop, everything has changed. The new worker at the counter probably doesn’t know how to set the thermostat, it’s a few degrees colder than Himchan remembered. She’s pretty, but not as pretty as Himchan remembered either. She has a stunning smile, like a princess, an ice princess; because that’s the feeling Himchan’s getting in his heart right now. He’s about to turn away, wondering why on earth he even bothers coming back, this day only means something to one of them, but that warmth is suddenly back.

 

He doesn’t say a word, the confidence from last time is long gone. Yongguk was right, he was a pansy, and he’d never get the girl, not then, not now. He stares back at his cup of coffee, the brown liquid is suddenly a million times more interesting.

 

“You know, the math classes in America are pretty brutal, do you think you could come over and tutor me?”

 

Himchan wants to bite back; after all the she put him through, she can still come back and mock him. This day meant the world to him, no matter how idiotic and childish his plans to sway her were, and she comes back and crushes it all.

 

But when he breaks glance with his coffee, he finally understands; there is no mocking, there is no pity, there is nothing but regret and so much love in her eyes.

 

Kim Himchan was never really one to wait; he can’t even wait for his coffee to cool down, much less wait for a lost love. But here he is, sitting exactly where he sat two winters ago when he first fell hopelessly in love; it seems patience has finally caught up to him, and though snow is falling and the wind is picking up, he’s never felt so warm.

-x-

 

A/N: I APOLOGIZE D;

It's been over a month, I know ): But I've been so busy, and I still am busy! 

Sorry for making you guys wait TT_____TT

and ugh, this story sounded a lot better in my head, plus I got a bit tired after the first season (bad author is bad! shame on you author!) 

but yeah, I hope you guys still somewhat enjoy it x_______x

huhuhu please forgive my long absence, this collection of oneshots is still alive