Sharing [Daehyun]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

“Annyeong Daehyun-ssi! How are you today?”

 

He lifted his head slightly to look at her, wondering if he should just ignore her like he did the rest.

 

No one had ever tried to reach out to him like this before.

 

You’d question what fascination he had with a simple “how are you,” but it’s not her words that surprise him, but rather the consistency with which she says them.

 

 When he first met her, he thought she was just like the rest. She seemed just like them, those scripted Barbies.

 

They’d be drawn in by his mysteriousness and good looks, greeting him excitedly and showering him with praise, only to abandon him in a few days time when it was apparent that he showed no interest in their shrill voices and fake words.

 

But she came back every morning to his blank expression, and every afternoon to his back turned towards her.

 

“Goodbye Daehyun-ssi! See you tomorrow!”

 

She would wave as if he were looking right at her.

 

And so he decided that maybe he enjoyed her company.

 

Lifting his hand, he gave her a thumbs up to which she gave a huge smile in response.

 

--

 

Daehyun is wary; he doesn’t share.

 

But for once, he has shared his existence; he has made himself visible for her to see. He is no longer that invisible statue that sits in the back of the room; no response, no interaction.

 

He tries to justify this all to himself; she deserves to see him, after all, she’s not a Barbie. 

 

That night he lulls himself to sleep with his own thoughts- ‘what would it feel like for someone to really see me, to know me?’

 

--

He’s surprised how quickly everything starts spiraling out of control.

 

As if existence weren’t enough, he now shares his time.

 

He watches as she sits next to him, struggling with a math problem- eraser nearly ripping through the poor notebook, smudges everywhere.

 

She’s in absolute distress, and Daehyun thinks it’s kind of amusing.

 

He lets out a soft chuckle, and before he can take it back, she’s looking up at him with wide eyes.

 

, he’s shared his voice as well.   

 

 --

 

Daehyun is afraid.

 

He’s lost so much to her already, and he’s not sure how much more he can share.

 

He knows what this will lead to, and it frightens him.

 

--

 

He loses more, and sharing is starting to become second nature

 

“This is cute!” she chirps through his mask, staring at her reflection as they look down at a small puddle, rain falling around them.

 

His eyes crinkle as he breaks out in a grin.

 

“It looks cuter on me!” he jokes, pinching her cheeks before running for cover.

 

Unknowingly he’s shared his belongings, his smile, his words, and his touch.

 

--

 

Daehyun is too far in to know to be afraid.

 

He’s lost so much to her already- so much that he’s not even aware that he’s lost anything.

 

He knows what this will lead to, but he’s too far in to realize how close this inevitability is coming towards him, how hard it’s going to hit him.

 

--

 

“Don’t listen to them, what do they know? They’re jealous of you, and blind to everything that makes you beautiful, that makes you absolutely perfect. They have no idea how truly amazing you are, but I know”

 

Daehyun has no idea what he’s sharing, but whatever it is, he can’t stop himself from continuing.

 

“I used to fall asleep each night in hopes that I would never wake up. I wanted to leave this place, because all I ever felt was trapped- trapped by all these dead stares. All these people who acted as if they saw me, even knew me, when in reality, all they saw was a mere shell (a very gorgeous shell by the way!) ; they didn’t know me at all, and they didn’t want to.”

 

Daehyun is starting to figure out what he’s sharing, but whatever it is, he can’t figure it out fast enough to stop himself from continuing.

 

“But then you came along, and at first I thought you were just like the rest- but you’re not. Everyday, I go to class early to hear you say ‘hello.’ Everyday, I wait for you at the door so I never have to miss another one of your waves. Everyday, I try to hold on to you as long as possible, whether it be by studying in the library or taking strolls in the rain. Everyday, I wish I never have to sleep, because I’m not willing to risk this being a dream; I’m not willing to risk losing someone with an actual soul- I’m not willing to risk losing you.”

 

Daehyun knows what he’s sharing now, but he knows he’s in too far, he can’t stop himself from continuing.

 

Next thing he knows, he’s shared his lips, and he thinks the timing is appropriate since he shared his heart mere seconds ago.

 

 --

 

Daehyun can feel it coming, and he’s scared less.

 

It’s happening in just a few seconds, and he’s not ready, not ready at all.

 

He chances a glance at her and she’s smiling.

 

The inevitable has come, and he gulps as he leans in towards her, slowly reaching out.

 

“Say ah~” he says shakily.

 

And like that, he’s shared his most prized possession.

 

She leans in to give him a small peck on the lips, Daehyun can’t help from smiling at the taste of cheesecake on her lips.

 

“Sharing is caring right Dae?” 

-x-

A/N: I'm sorry I took so long! 

I started writing two oneshots, but then my brain crashed and they're still sitting in my documents right now, rotting

but then yesterday night, right before i slept, I practically wrote out this entire story! 

the problem is that when i woke up, i forgot it, all i remember was that Daehyun did not like to share

and so this story happened, and it's not half as great as the one in my head, and it took a way different turn

this one is trollish in the end, the other one was serious and romantic all the way through T_________T

I guess my day time self is just an automatic troll

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG WAIT D; I HAVE NO EXCUSES FOR MYSELF

MIANHAEEEEE

either way, I hope you guys enjoyed this !!!