Beautiful [Himchan]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

She’s not actually sure what she’s done wrong in life, but what she is sure about is that it must have been pretty bad, you know, whatever it is. Because what cruel fate must one have to have a boyfriend who is prettier than oneself, and doesn’t even try?

 

She’s not actually sure how he wakes up looking like ing Adonis, unless maybe he is Adonis, in which that would make a bit of sense, except she’s pretty sure that Himchan is way better looking than Adonis ever was.

 

It sort of ticks her off, because god, how does one even compare to that level of sheer beauty? It’s not like she enjoys being the guy in the relationship (because come on, Himchan is prettier than most girls will ever be), and that’s just sad, because Himchan is the guy, and not her. She really wonders what she must have done to find herself wound up in such a predicament, of you know, being the inferior one.

 

But all those thoughts leave her each time Himchan wraps his arms around her waist and pull her into a short kiss. Because every time he laces their fingers together, every time he smiles at her, every time he hugs her from behind, every time Kim Himchan tells her he loves her, she no longer feels inferior; she feels like the most beautiful person on the planet, maybe even in the galaxy, just in case there are other beings out there.

 

Self confidence doesn’t come easy, it doesn’t come easy at all. But when he showers her with the love she’d never thought she’d ever deserve to receive, she can’t think more highly of herself.

 

Because it’s not because she’s beautiful that he loves her, but it’s because he loves her, that she’s beautiful.

 

So maybe she might not be the beautiful one in everyone else’s eyes, as long as she’s beautiful in Himchan’s eyes, that’s all she ever needs.   

 

-x-

A/N: I am allowing myself two short short short oneshots today before I begin studying again ^^ 

So here's one of them, it's a bit confusing I guess...? 

Props to you if you know where the italicized line comes from; lol