Through the Years [Daehyun]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

 

When you first met Daehyun, you were five.

 

You didn’t really care about him then; he was just another boy in your class, and you couldn’t be bothered with him, especially not when every boy in the class had the notion that all girls had cooties- and all the girls thought the boys had mush brains and that it was a seriously contagious disease that would turn you dumb if you got too close to any of them.

 

You were ______ the top kindergarten student, and he was Daehyun, the class troublemaker.

 

When the two of you were seven, Daehyun had gotten over the fact that you might’ve had cooties, and you had gotten over the fact that he might’ve had mush brains.

 

He was an okay kid, and as you found out, sort of nice. One day during recess, him and the other boys were roughhousing near where you and your friends were playing princesses when he accidentally crashed into you, making you trip and skin your knee. While all the other boys were laughing and calling you a baby for crying, Daehyun gave you his hand, pulling you up and taking you to the nurse’s office; though he later admitted that he only brought you there to get a lollipop for himself (you still tell yourself that he was being a very chivalrous second grader).

 

You were ______ of class B, and he was Daehyun of class B.

 

When the two of you were ten, Daehyun had the grand notion of embarrassing you in front of the class.

 

On Valentine’s Day, the class had a party in which each student brought candy for everyone and the rest of the day was wasted with love poem assignments and cheesy movies that most of the girls loved and that most of the boys pretended to dread. Daehyun had decided to give you your candy last, after everyone was already stuffing candies into the little craft bags on your desks. He walked straight up to you and handed you a chocolate rose, saying that he had picked it out especially for you. The whole class erupted in ‘ooooooooh’s and giggles. You thanked him quickly before hiding your face in your arms so that no one could see how red your face was becoming.

 

You were still _____ and he was still Daehyun, but apparently, you were both now sitting in a tree, supposedly K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

 

When the two of you were sixteen, Daehyun asked you to be his girlfriend.

 

He was in a different class, but that didn’t stop him. With five minutes left until the end of class, he came into your class and apologized to your teacher, telling Mr. Kim that he was afraid that he’d have to whisk you away before class was officially over. Striding over to your desk, he grabbed your hand and pulled you out of class, with little restraint since you were actually quite happy to leave in the middle of Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew, because god was it dull when you didn’t’ understand a thing. He brought you to the quad and told you to look at the east wing building. And the cheers began, there, held by his little posse, was a giant banner that said “______, will you go out with me?”  

It was hard to say anything other than yes when everyone watching was screaming, “SAY YESSSSSSSS!!!!” Not that you would’ve said no- Daehyun was fun, nice, and sort of kind of really good looking.

 

You were ______&Daehyun; and yes, the lack of spacing between your names was intentional.

 

When the two of you were nineteen, the two of you left to different schools.

 

The two of you decided to take a break, not wanting to go through life having only known one thing, and that thing being the comforts of each other.

 

You were now just ______ and he was just Daehyun.

 

When the two of your were twenty one, you met again at a coffee shop.

 

Daehyun was on a coffee run for his roommate Youngjae, who was not a morning person, and you were there because, well because you weren’t a morning person either. But before you knew it, Youngjae’s coffee was going cold, you were ditching class, and you and Daehyun were enjoying croissants together.

 

You were ______&Daehyun, back together again.  

 

When the two of you were twenty three, you stayed at Daehyun’s place overnight.

 

You woke up to warm breaths tickling your nose and Daehyun’s beautiful face just centimeters from yours. His arms were still around your waist and you smiled as you gave him a good morning kiss to which he lazily responded to before asking for five more minutes and going back to sleep. He only got two because Youngjae spotted you in the hall looking for the restroom and screamed the most unmanly scream at the fact that you were scantily dressed in only Daehyun’s dress shirt. For a moment, you had forgotten that Daehyun and Youngjae still lived together.

 

You were _______&Daehyun, Youngjae's biggest problem.

 

When you were twenty five, the two of you found a place together, and Daehyun actually got his extra five minutes in bed when he asked for it.

 

You were _____&Daehyun, no longer Youngjae’s biggest problem.

 

When you were twenty seven, your fourth finger was suddenly weighted down with something shiny.

 

You walked down the aisle, heart racing and about to burst with happiness. You stumbled a bit and Daehyun bit his lip trying to stifle a laugh, but eventually looking down and letting out a laugh before looking back up at you, smiling. You smiled back and continued on your way.

 

“I do.”

 

“I do.”

 

You were no longer ______ the top kindergarten student and Daehyun, the class troublemaker, ______ of class B and Daehyun of class B, _____ and Daehyun, ______&Daehyun; you were Mr.&Mrs.Jung, and never had you loved an identity so much.     

-x-

I should've been doing my precalc homework, BUT NO, I REFUSE TO! 

So I wrote this (:

I'm thinking about writing one for each character maybe, though I can't promise. 

But yeah, this was fun

OK HOPE YOU ENJOY ;D