Chapter 50

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Once I was done changing into my clothes, Doyeon, Soomi, and I went out of the dressing room and immediately found the staffs gathering in front of Baekhyun. He's still standing on the same spot where I last saw him earlier.

"I would like to say few words before we start filming." he was stuttering, his hands shaking a little as he gestured for everyone to gather around. My friends and I exchange confused glances but went to follow after the rest anyway.

When Baekhyun saw me joining the crowd, it's like he suddenly gained some strength and the anxiety in his eyes decreased, hint of confident taking over him. Although I have no idea what's going on and what is this all about. I smiled at him to let him know he has my full support.

People could be heard murmuring, confusedly asking about why would Baekhyun gather like this, or sharing their own thoughts of what they think is this sudden gathering all about. Once Baekhyun cleared his throat, everyone fell silent.

He takes a deep breath before speaking, "I... I would like to acknowledge how I was to each and one of you, for the past three years." Baekhyun glances at me and then back at the crowd.

"I admit to being rude because of the wrong person. While it's not a valid reason to treat you all like , I hope you understand that I was blinded by what I thought was pure love." his eyes glides from staff to staff until they find mine. Baekhyun heaves out and continued, "As someone who was not allowed to have such feelings while I'm paving my way to where I stood right now, I was easily overwhelmed with the emotions I grew for that person who stayed beside me till I made it up the stage."

No wonder why Baekhyun fell in love with me, too. Even when I'm the person he hated the most. I'm the one who stood still beside him despite treating me bad, looked after him accompanied by my genuine love, and most of all being his fan from the very start. Like what he said, he was easily swayed by Jian who stayed beside him. He probably grew feelings for me because I did the same.

But unlike Jian, my love for Baekhyun is real and I won't ever betray him like what his former manager did.

"I sincerely apologize to all of you. For the things I have done to you, for everything. It was so wrong of me to treat you badly in attempt to get someone back. Rest assured that I am not the same Baekhyun who was rude to all of you before."

I swear my heart jumped when he turns to me. "Also, I want to apologize to my manager who suffered the most while sticking around me during those times I'm putting up my worst facade. Y/n... I'm really sorry."

I usually look away from people when I can feel my tears threatening to fall. But I can't seem to blink my eyes nor tilt my head and miss seeing this sight of this Baekhyun. The kind of Baekhyun that I want everyone to see, to make them believe that he's not the worst person to ever walk in this world. And that people are really capable of change.

"Words aren't enough to show how sorry I am. To make it up, I will do my best for this project we're all working on together - a smooth process to its perfection. Once again, I apologize." and he bend his body for a formal bow and stayed that way.

None of us were able to react, still surprised with Baekhyun's apology. I saw Baekhyun shutting his eyes close and nibbling on his lip anxiously, his body still inclined. I assume he's thinking that his apology isn't accepted when I can hear Doyeon and Soomi whispering how his words melted their hearts.

I had to initiate a reaction and slowly clapped my hands, catching everyone's attention.

"Apology accepted, Baekhyun. Thank you..." I couldn't find my words anymore, I didn't know what to say. I'm too overwhelmed. Especially when everyone started clapping along with me.

Baekhyun straightened up and smiles at me. With every person saying that he's forgiven, his smile widens. And my heart can't help but swell in happiness.

I'm so proud of my man.

As soon as everyone got to tell Baekhyun that his apology is accepted, they started going back to work with satisfied smiles on their faces. From that, I can tell that better days in work will be anticipated.

Baekhyun was discussing with the director, while a group of staffs decided to include me in a conversation about what just happened.

"I actually tried to never hate Baekhyun, knowing how oblivious he was about Jian. But the way he treated me gave it away." Hyunkyu admitted.

"Yeah, I'm glad he apologized to us. I can feel that we'll have better interactions with him from now on."

"Though I'm still feeling raw. It'll eventually fade and we're all going to be friends with him like how we all were before Jian got fired."

That statement from Doyeon caught my attention. "You all were friends before?" I asked. Ever since I found out that Baekhyun's rude, I thought he had been like that from the very start. So, it was kinda unbelievable to hear that he was once friends with the staffs.

"Of course. We work well together, along with Jian. That was before we knew what kind of person she really is and got fired for it. Baekhyun had always been a good person, it's just that who ruined him." Doyeon rolled her eyes at the memory from before and added, "I literally treated her like my bestie."

And so their conversation went on. They were so busy looking back to the past, while I'm busy keeping my eyes on Baekhyun. Seems like their discussion ended and another staff led Baekhyun towards the dressing room. I need a way to get to him and be alone together. I want to tell him how much I'm proud of him, and I want him to be the only person to hear those words.

If I were to follow after Baekhyun, that'll be suspicious. I tilted my head everywhere, discreetly wandering my eyes to look for an excuse to escape when I saw Soomi heading towards the dressing room with Baekhyun's clothes in her hand. I excused myself from the staffs and ran after Soomi, then snatching the clothes from her and she gasped in shock.

I twirled around and walked backwards, finally seeing how surprised she is. "I'm gonna help my artist change." I winked at Soomi and didn't wait for any response as I ran towards Baekhyun's dressing room.

Once inside, I closed the door as quietly as I can and tiptoed to the small room where Baekhyun change his clothes. The door was ajar so I peeked and saw him standing, his back facing my direction. I heard him sigh heavily. Seems like he has something a lot in his mind, or he's doubtful if his really forgiven by those staffs.

I suddenly pushed the door open. "Knock knock. I'm here to help you-" a loud gasp immediately erupts from me when Baekhyun turns to me, now shirtless. "My love! I'm so sorry." I jumped around to avoid seeing him. I swear he had his shirt on before I opened the door!?

"You literally walk in to this every morning to wake me up."

I my teeth and slowly turned back to him, shamelessly sliding my eyes on his bare body. "If this it what Soomi sees when she brings your clothes to you-"

"Oh, no. I usually wait for her to bring my clothes in before I change." he grabs my hand and pulled me inside the room, then kicking the door to close it.

"And I'm sure you're not here to just help me." he stands in front of me, towering over my figure, looking down on me. And just like that, he sweeps me off my feet with his eyes and deepening voice.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and looked away. "A penny for your thoughts?" I asked, pulling his clothes off the hanger to help him change. "I heard you sighing. You know you can tell me everything. I'm your girlfriend after all."

He held his arms out and I helped him put his white t-shirt on. "I'm just not sure if what I said were enough for them to forgive me. I mean, are words enough to make up to those times I gave them a hard time to do their jobs just because they're intimidated by me?" Baekhyun looks away from me and sighed.

Then he spreads his arms so I could slip them into the sleeves of his denim jacket "Why would you think that way? Their eyes were literally sparkling with each words you're saying."

"There's this... I don't know, my love. It's just me overthinking things." he tried to shake it off, giving me a gentle smile.

"Your apology moved my heart even when you already apologized to me. I'm sure they have forgiven you." I dusted his shoulders. "You did great, baby." then I reached for his cheek and gently pinch it.

He stares at me, slightly biting his lip. I know what that look means and he knows that I have figured out what he wants from me. "I know, no flirting when we're at work." he slightly rolled his eyes.

I shook my head and chuckled before throwing my arms around his neck and tugged him closer until our lips linked. Only to pull away seconds after, just to whisper into his mouth. "I'm so proud of you."

He pressed himself against my body, pushing me to walk backwards. I gasped into the kiss once my back hits the wall, but nevertheless continued keeping up with how Baekhyun's lips skillfully moved against mine.

"You are driving me crazy. Do you know that?"

I giggled as I shook my head.

"Well at least now you do."

Amidst leaning closer to kiss me back, a knock totally paused Baekhyun's movement. Hyunkyu could be heard from outside, asking if we're done and ready to film. He pulls himself away with a contented sigh and smiled slightly.

"We should go." he walks out of the changing room first and I tailed behind him.

Just before he could open the door of the dressing room, I grabbed his hand and slip my fingers in between the gaps of his, intertwining our hands together. Baekhyun slowly turned to look at me and I gave him a gentle gaze. I know he loves being clingy even if it's risky. I always nag at him about it, but I don't know why I want to try the idea of being suspicious to people.

However, Baekhyun's free hand reached to carefully separate our linked hands and spoke, "I'm proud of us, of our relationship. There may be times I'm stubborn and playful about wanting to show off to people how much I love you. But I respect you, your privacy, and our agreement to keep our relationship from everyone for now."

I can't help my smile from showing up. "That's my baby."

"Let's do well today." he pecks the back of my hand before leaving the room first.

I can feel a different atmosphere as soon as I got into the set where Baekhyun, the director, and some staffs had been waiting for me. Though unlike before, which I can feel the heavy tension between people and Baekhyun. There's this sense of belongingness and comfort, emitted by how Baekhyun seems to ease around people and the other way around. Totally different than before, back when I just got my job as his manager.

"There you are." the director greets me with a smile as soon as he saw me walking into the set.

"I'm ready to film the last scene." I said as a matter of fact, not knowing what to say actually.

He nods his head and flips a page of the script he's holding, giving it a few read before saying, "Here's the scene we'll be shooting."

The filming progressed smoothly as expected and soon enough, I'm laying lifeless in front of Baekhyun after someone shot me to death from behind. I want to see his reaction to that, but I shouldn't open my eyes at all and do my best to look dead even if it means I have to hold my breath; and I did. I have died.

Next thing Baekhyun did, though I still can't see how he executed, totally caused goosebumps running across my skin.

His heart-clenching scream lasted for seconds and with each number I count inside my head, I can feel several emotions along with his painful voice. He's angry, hurt, sad. Just... Everything negative. It almost felt like he finally was able to scream everything out after a long time of bottling up his agony to himself.

A thud against the ground was all it took for me to pop one eye open, they won't have to show my face anyway so I guess I'm allowed to take a peek. Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I immediately saw Baekhyun kneeling down before me. His teary eyes stared down and locked gazes with my innocent ones, blinking up at him in amusement.

I bet my pupils are dilating, expanding like how it does when I drink m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter