Chapter 48

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"But that's breaching of contract, Y/n."

"That's exactly why you can't tell anyone, hyung. Especially teacher Sooman." Baekhyun interjected when I was about to answer, then he glance at me worriedly.

"Lay hyung, I have never been so in love. I don't want history to repeat itself, although this is entirely different from the past. Hyung, you've seen what happened before, right?"

Lay sighs. "Of course I won't tell. I'm just genuinely worried for the two of you." then he looks at me with adoration and gentle smile that his dimples showed up. "Especially for Y/n. You wouldn't like to see an angry Sooman firing you."

"Definitely. And I don't like being yelled at." just by thinking about an enraged Sooman is giving me goosebumps. I was already scared to the bones when he wasn't in the mood, how scared I would be if he yells at me?

"Now I'm gonna try my best to help you on keeping your relationship. Am I the only one who knows?"

Baekhyun and I nodded. "Not even our friends and families do." his brows then creased after saying those, as if he just realized that.

"I will keep it to myself." he sticks a palm on his chest.

The studio door opened all of a sudden and I jumped from my seat, head snapping to the person who appeared right before our eyes. My heart literally stopped beating for a second, surprised that I thought it's someone else but it's just Yixing's manager.

"Is there an idol-manager meeting that I'm missing?" he walks into the room to join us with a huge smile.

"Oh, no. It's about helping Y/n and Baekhyun on hiding their relationship."

Baekhyun and I stared at Yixing with disbelief in our eyes. While his manager gawked at us, his expression mixed with amusement and horrified at the same him.

Yixing just said... He's keeping it to himself.

Though the managers had been teasing me to Baekhyun after knowing that my relationship with France was all but a lie, they know that falling in love with my artist (or another way around) will cost me my job - one of the things I don't want to lose. To know out how much our relationship had changed from platonic idol-manager to romantic might be the last thing they expected to find out, knowing how much Baekhyun hated me ever since I was the only manager who managed to stay.

"You can trust my manager like how you can trust me. We can keep it to ourselves." then Yixing turns to his manager. "Right?"

"Yeah, of course!" he shakes off the shock on his face, already grinning when he turned to me. "I'm like... So happy for you, Y/n! I always knew you have heart eyes for your artist." he draws a heart in the air, his face drawing an expression that he's making fun of me.

"Hey!"

"That's enough for today," Yixing chuckles as he stood up. "I still have schedules for today. I guess we have to go?"

"As you should. Thanks for today, hyung."

Once Yixing and his manager had left, we sat still. I'm trying to process what just happened. Since Baekhyun and I have agreed on not telling at least one person about our relationship (for now), aren't we supposed to be extremely careful? Now two persons found out in just a day.

"That's a warning." I broke the silence after a couple of minutes and Baekhyun nods quietly, still watching his feet play with each other. "We should be extra careful from now on."

He finally looks at me, eyes radiating the way an innocent baby stares at a person and his head slightly cocking to the side. "I know what you're going to say."

"What?"

"Let's break up."

I rolled my eyes. "My first thought, but no. I know you don't like hearing such words from me." he tried to conceal his smile, while I keep my expression nonchalant. "Now that we have our first warning, shouldn't we plan how to strengthen our covers up? If you want me to stay as your manager."

"That... I can't think of anything."

"Okay, here's what I'm thinking. No matter how many chances we get to be alone together, no touch!" I moved away from Baekhyun as I drew a huge 'X' in the air. "Unless we're at home of course. And it's starting... Right now!" then I stood up from my seat and scurried towards the door to leave the studio.

"Y/n," my hand stopped on top of the knob, I tilted my head to look back at him and saw him smiling at me. "I want you to be my manager forever. No matter what will happen, even if we break up or get married or wherever our relationship will take us to."

I have no idea why he's suddenly sentimental, but his words surely melted my heart as always. "Then let's do a great job," I feel all my blood ascending to my cheeks before I continued, "My love."

He nods at me and does a hand gesture, telling me to leave the room. "Leave after a minute. Someone might see that we've been in the studio alone." I sent him a flying kiss and made sure to see him catching it before leaving the room with a stupid grin plastering on my face.

I closed the door behind me but as soon as I spun to face the hallway, I saw Sooman heading towards my direction.

"Y/n, what are you doing in the haunted studio?" he approaches me.

Oh God, I left Baekhyun inside SM's haunted studio! If something falls in there or a ghost appears and Baekhyun runs to save his life right at this moment, it might be the end of us.

"I was really embarrassed from earlier. They were talking about the songs to be performed and I kinda suggested Baekhyun's... You know? That song." I faked a laugh that I ended up sounding nervous and secretive. "I went here to scream because of the embarrassment and the ghosts must've been so scared that no one appeared."

"Is that so? Then I guess we can use that studio n-"

A loud thud cut him off. It almost sounded like a body had been forcefully shoved against the door and I know for sure it's my boyfriend trying to get himself out of the studio. He might have seen the ghost that the other SM artists are talking about that lurks in this certain studio.

"Teacher Sooman, I think the ghost just disagreed with that idea."

He said nothing and remained staring at the door with his eyes bulging.

"Teacher Sooman!" he finally breaks out of his trance when Yixing appeared. "There you are. I've been meaning to ask you to help me with... Uh... With the song that'll be included in my album." and he spared me a meaningful glance and did a little nod.

"Lay, you make your own songs."

"I know. But this one, I needed help to choose the title track between two songs that I like the most." he beams at the older, his charming dimples trying to entice Sooman to leave so Baekhyun can be saved.

"You never ask me to help you! Okay let me listen to them so we can decide." Sooman looks excited and walks off first. Yixing followed after him but before getting away, he looks back at me and pops one thumb out. When Yixing swore he'll help us on keeping our relationship a secret, he means it and he's not settling for the least. He just asked for Sooman's help about his album, something he never did before, and it might change the way he had planned everything for this release — just to help us from being caught.

"Thank you!" I mouthed to him before he disappeared as they took a turn.

The door opened a little bit and Baekhyun squeezed his face through the crack that he made. "Jagi, get me out of here." he muttered with a trembling, high pitched voice. "Is Sooman gone already? There's something in the isolation booth that fell and no one is here but me!"

I chuckled before pushing the door and Baekhyun quickly took one huge step to go out of that room.

"I'm never going back in here again."

"Okay." I was about to leave when Baekhyun grabs my arm.

"What is this?" he whines. "I was scared."

"And what do you want me to do with that?" I know what he wants me to do, but the thought of teasing him a little bit is kinda fun.

Without any second thought, he points a finger to his lips and puckered them.

"No," I sternly rejected. "Didn't we just agreed that no one's touching one another as long as we're at work?"

Seems like he remembered that and lowered his hand, lips straightened into a line. I sighed, shaking my head as I spun around to leave.

Only to face my boyfriend once again, strode back to him after three steps and quickly pecks his lips. "That's the last one for today."

Baekhyun nodded, looking idiotic with how he's trying not to grin and fight the urge to pull be back for another kiss.

----

I woke up after dreaming of getting shot and dying right before Baekhyun's eyes. It felt so real that I found myself breathless and have been panting for a minute now. From my nightstand, I reached for my phone and tapped on the screen to check the time, it's 3 a.m.

I laid back down with a frustrated groan. The dream scared the hell out of me. It made my heart feel tight and heavy, especially when in that dream I was trying to run but I really can't. The worst part was seeing Baekhyun cry, kneeling down in front of my lifeless body and unable to do anything to save me.

My eyes roamed around the room, only to realize that it'll probably take me awhile to feel sleepy once again. So I pushed my blanket aside, hopped off the bed and took my phone with me before leaving the room.

I was scrolling through my notifications as I was heading to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. There was a text message from Baekhyun, sent literally a minute after I fell asleep three hours ago. The words were simple but enough to ease and calm me from the nightmare I had.

Boyfriend 💕:
Wish you were here, so I don't get any bad dreams. Sleep well, baby ^^

Even when we literally live across each other and can meet whenever we want to, he never ends the day without a simple message for me to read before I go to sleep. It changes every single day, may it be 'I love yous' or how much he miss me already when it hasn't been an hour since we got into our perspective places. Sometimes I could ask myself, how it is that Baekhyun never runs out of words to tell me?

Speaking of living across each other. The idea of barging into his place at 3 a.m. had slip into my mind. Clutching my phone against my chest, I strode out of the kitchen, headed to the door and quietly left my apartment. I was giggling while punching Baekhyun's door password, knowing that the sound won't wake him up since he had a long day and was too tired.

The moment I got inside, my smile instantly dropped. It was as if was a gush of wind suddenly passing by me, that made me feel like something is wrong. Then I heard faint whimpers coming from Baekhyun's room, like he was crying in pain. Without a second thought, I went straight to his bedroom and pushed the door open immediately. That's when his cries stopped.

I was greeted by the sight of Baekhyun sitting up, staring straight ahead with a shocked expression evident on his pale face, his lips was parted a bit as he breathed heavily. He looked like he just got up from a bad dream.

"Baekhyunie?"

He turns his head to my direction and saw how the shock changed into relief once he realized it was me. "Baby," he quickly leaves the bed and threw himself at me, his arms tight around my waist, head resting on the top of my head. "God, that was just a bad dream." he then whispered.

I can feel his heart beating erratically against my ear that was pressing on his chest. "Did you had a nightmare?"

"Yeah."

I parted from his embrace, just so I could have a good look at his face. "Me too, that's why I'm here to see you."

We stared at each other and I don't know why I feel shy under his gaze when he always held such eyes on me every time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter